What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

militia420

Moisture is one of the main causes of gray mold. The wetter your plants are, the more susceptible they are to becoming infected. Your plants also must be injured before they can become infected. Be careful around your plants to prevent this."

On a grow I did 10 years ago I had a diseased cherry tree fall and split one of my plants.

I had saved smaller plants previously by ducktaping the stem in place to close up the damage.

So when this happened to a bigger plant I actually put neosporin in the opened split, used yarn to pull and hold the branch back up, then duck tape around the wound like a bandage. It healed back together and there was a slight bulge that was the plant equivalent of human scar tissue.

So my tip to some of you guys is if you want to, pick a plant or a few to experiment with. If you feel the need to trim big leaves early, keep either some vaseline or neosporin and q-tips with you to dab over the cut immediately after cutting. I have no clue if it'll cost you more time than it's worth but it could help you reduce the amount of trimming required in a short span of time which might make the extra time worth it.

militia420

They fly hard here when they fly. They go over certain areas of land at least a good 20 minutes each. I have seen them land over one plant. We have the worse flyovers you could ever imagine in this part of the state. Its normal at least 3 days a week from July through late August to wake up to your house shaking and stepping on the back porch to see a Blackhawk heli not even 20 foot above your home.

Sometimes, if they find more than a couple of plants around here they set out ground units in groups to walk the entire property. They don't play games. You have the State Police, HIDTA task force, Dea, national guard, fish and wildlife, local drug task forces, US Marshalls, etc all doing this the entire summer. I know tons of people who have converted to strictly indoor due to the pounding they put on outdoor ops. Its bullshit, all that tax money wasted for nothing when they could be focusing on the Heroin and meth epidemic we have going on.

I will drop a link sometime of a video showing how it all goes down in KY.

Either way, its a 50/50 chance here.

Also, they setup wireless trail cameras and camp in on grows as well. I'm telling ya and I have always said this, unless someone is personally from these parts they have no clue how intense eradication truly is. There is no where in the World that compares, you literally have to Guerilla Grow here... Its not easy.

I've been thinking about what you say on this and the links you posted.

I honestly believe this is more than simple marijuana eradication. I know Kentucky has a population that is hard up for jobs and I believe this is pretty much an official act of oppression of the people in Kentucky. This effects local income that gets spread through the community keeping commerce going.

If any one watches the series "cocaine cowboys" it's similar except the enforcement wasn't about oppression so much as it was controlling the powder trades which rake in massive $$. The people interviewed in that series talk about how the money trickled out from the suppliers who bought things through the community. By oppressing the marijuana production it actually oppresses the communities that benefit from the money streams the bring in outside money to the community.

You're doing your part to help the community actually in more than one way. My hat is off to you for the shit you gotta deal with.

Rodehazrd

Legalization comes up in every session now in Ky. It won't be long till its legal for some people to grow. Then it'l be the revenue boys. after our asses

Badfishy1

I've been thinking about what you say on this and the links you posted.

I honestly believe this is more than simple marijuana eradication. I know Kentucky has a population that is hard up for jobs and I believe this is pretty much an official act of oppression of the people in Kentucky. This effects local income that gets spread through the community keeping commerce going.

If any one watches the series "cocaine cowboys" it's similar except the enforcement wasn't about oppression so much as it was controlling the powder trades which rake in massive $$. The people interviewed in that series talk about how the money trickled out from the suppliers who bought things through the community. By oppressing the marijuana production it actually oppresses the communities that benefit from the money streams the bring in outside money to the community.

You're doing your part to help the community actually in more than one way. My hat is off to you for the shit you gotta deal with.

Watch the series... some lived the series... Miami was built on powder money... new high rises and banks were going up weekly... how the fuck did Miami, a city with literally NO (legal) industry located on the outskirts of a fucking swamp become such a big city basically over night.... South beach was nothing more than just another peninsula and now a destination for the rich and beautiful.... hmmmmn

Easy7

Veteran
Kentucky is not a lot different than Ohio. Spent time all around the place. I believe it has to do with theological politics and some sort of social mental health. They don't want to rely on something that could make the outcome and process worse for economic reasons. But this is not entirely enlightened and obviously there are attachments to good ol days the last election really surfaced.

Intelligence is the ability to navigate new situations. Today is a new day and we all get burdened from attachments in the past. The mind is highly comlex amd so is weed, any and all reality is complex. Making things illegal is not the right way to try and simplify. It just makes things to be so much more stupid because fear dominates. Fear is a destroyer.

It's to the point people fear thinking!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
These tri-state areas don't really want to get into the opiate epedemic. There just now opening up a few treatment centers for opiates.....only 20yrs late. Sad thing is I know lots of folks driving 2hr each way once a week to these facility's. So we have a major shortage. Many people drive to KY to doctors. Ky has a lot more facility's than we do here. But for KY to even be concerned about ANYBODY growing weed is mind blowing.....this area is crippled with opiate, benzo....now meth is becoming huge. Nobody understands this problem until you live it down here. These states should be very open to marijuana legalized....I'm talking rec. it's just crazy how they are hounding people in the area MountainBudz is from over growing. This state I'm in I'd almost bet my life will be one of the last to legalize....auctually I would bet my life. Because we have the highest overdoses and opiate addiction problem than anybody in the country. And for so few of treatment centers it's crazy folks have to drive 4hrs once a week for treatment.

Dday391

According to the us governments classification. Marijuana is worse than either heroin or cocaine or the meth category of stimulants. Those all have approved medical uses but high probability of abuse and addiction. There is no medical use for marijuana in the government's eyes. But it only takes a person about 5 minutes to realize this is completely backwards.. Hopefully the science will out weigh these peoples ignorance. I live in a legal state but the cities all around me have taken a religious opposition to it. People will believe whatever a preacher says so if he neglects facts and just says marijuana is evil it will stay evil. I believe that's the problem in most states, they use religion to blind people to the facts. It's unfair because I know that church/ faith is a good thing but I hate to see people getting sucked into the madness that is prohibition

Hey guys I use to post on this from time to time under the name mountain-ninja but I forgot my log-in info so I have finally broke down and made a new account. I’ve kept up with this forum since day one tho none the less.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Well thus far I have got around 100 of my plants out and still have around 200 give it take, to go. So far those 100 plants have all been stuck in 50 plus gallon size holes dug in the ground some even around 150-200 gallons. I am hoping for around 3/4 to a lb and a half per plant.

This Jelly Pie was put out less than a week and half ago and its bushing out very fast.

picture.php

I am hoping to reach around 2lb on this particular plant. Gu's strains so far in my experience, are all on the medium heavy to heavy yield side of things.

Fixing to call it a night and hope for a better day tomorrow. Thought I got a deer tick inside of my ear yesterday while working in the bush as I had picked more than I could keep up with off my clothes and a few attached to my body. Woke up with an extremely bad ear ache and winded up going to visit the Dr. Turns out is was just a very bad ear infection, the Doc said it was one of the worst he had ever seen. Gave me an anti biotic shot and sent me a long my way. I am thankful it wasn't a tick, I already have Lyme disease doing my line of work and contracted that about 6 year ago.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah! Pretty good stem on there already! Going to yield really well! :smoke:

Wow, you have lyme disease, thats tough! Sorry to hear you got the ear infection. Hope you get better soon. Take care of yourself. Keep those dirtyfingers out of your ears. I have itchy ears too, I know what its like. Use your shirt to cover your finger and wipe our your ear out at the woods. Doctors say never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear. I can never get my elbow to even touch my ear though.... :biggrin:

Get some rest. One more week for work, then we celebrate the freedom God gives! Happy Independence Day! :smoke:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
On a grow I did 10 years ago I had a diseased cherry tree fall and split one of my plants.

I had saved smaller plants previously by ducktaping the stem in place to close up the damage.

So when this happened to a bigger plant I actually put neosporin in the opened split, used yarn to pull and hold the branch back up, then duck tape around the wound like a bandage. It healed back together and there was a slight bulge that was the plant equivalent of human scar tissue.

So my tip to some of you guys is if you want to, pick a plant or a few to experiment with. If you feel the need to trim big leaves early, keep either some vaseline or neosporin and q-tips with you to dab over the cut immediately after cutting. I have no clue if it'll cost you more time than it's worth but it could help you reduce the amount of trimming required in a short span of time which might make the extra time worth it.

I've been reading on Stem Splitting a few days prior to harvesting that apparently boosts Trichome production as a defense mechanism. Interesting.
[iframe1]vMR7j50LsyI[/iframe1]

Rodehazrd

Hello Folks,
MB since you mention it there are half a dozen tick borne bacteria that give us a hard time like Lyme or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Younger people often just feel like you have the flu for a few days and that's it. Older folk and anyone a little down may have a longer time of it and it really fucks up the joints. If you get a lump with a tick bite get an antibiotic quick. The preferred one is doxycillin spelled wrong but its cheap and given in the first week or so cleans up the infection. One strain carried by the lone star tick gives you meat allergies, and some will kill you.

Bug spray has no effect on ticks you just have to have someone help check.

Be careful out there.

iTarzan

Tonight was an almost full moon, a waxing gibbous to be exact. I put 10 plants in the cornfields. I didn't even need my flashlight. I made one foot deep holes and fenced each one in with chickenwire. It was so nice out and the moon made it as easy as taking candy from a baby. I watered each one in with MG to give them a start and help with transplant shock.

They were all 2-3 foot tall plants. 2 each of Chem D, Legend OG, Cherry Cookies, and Krinkle. I took the fencing, bamboo stakes and water in 1 gallon jugs last night and just dropped them in 10 rows deep. Then tonight I dropped off the plants and parked my car about a half mile up the road and walked back to the spots. Then I planted in different rows. These fields were rows 12, 15 and 18.

I smoked a joint and listened as I stood still. I could hear a distant dog barking and then several coyotes. My favorite sound was the 2 screech owls that were pretty close in the tree line.
When the moon got between some trees it was like a spotlight shining on the field. Some of the corn was face tall, most was shoulder tall and some just knee high in spots. I stayed in the shoulder high corn but planted in some bare spots here and there.

When I go back during the summer I will drop off the water jugs, park up the road and walk back to the spot. It is pretty easy to check on plants in the corn during the year. I park up the road but enter the corn where the car is. Walk in the number of rows I put the jugs and just keep walking the row until I run into the water jugs.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Tonight was an almost full moon, a waxing gibbous to be exact. I put 10 plants in the cornfields. I didn't even need my flashlight. I made one foot deep holes and fenced each one in with chickenwire. It was so nice out and the moon made it as easy as taking candy from a baby. I watered each one in with MG to give them a start and help with transplant shock.

They were all 2-3 foot tall plants. 2 each of Chem D, Legend OG, Cherry Cookies, and Krinkle. I took the fencing, bamboo stakes and water in 1 gallon jugs last night and just dropped them in 10 rows deep. Then tonight I dropped off the plants and parked my car about a half mile up the road and walked back to the spots. Then I planted in different rows. These fields were rows 12, 15 and 18.

I smoked a joint and listened as I stood still. I could hear a distant dog barking and then several coyotes. My favorite sound was the 2 screech owls that were pretty close in the tree line.
When the moon got between some trees it was like a spotlight shining on the field. Some of the corn was face tall, most was shoulder tall and some just knee high in spots. I stayed in the shoulder high corn but planted in some bare spots here and there.

When I go back during the summer I will drop off the water jugs, park up the road and walk back to the spot. It is pretty easy to check on plants in the corn during the year. I park up the road but enter the corn where the car is. Walk in the number of rows I put the jugs and just keep walking the row until I run into the water jugs.
Nice size to put out. I love working at night, and dropping supplies off is a must. But I park close enough with an "out of gas" sign on the dash.

I visit corn field in a drive-by before it's too high so I can spot where the planter fucked up and after the farmers sprayed. The fuckups are usually close to the corners. The yellow spots are dead weeds with the occasional corn plant, and a perfect home for weed.
picture.php

picture.php

I also pay special attention to Soybean fields and I look for something like this with an obstacle in the field. Why Soybeans? Because they are the ONLY crop that has the same reflectance as cannabis, and Soybean isn't harvested until last and very late in the year. So weed goes up against the overgrowth.
picture.php

I only put late Autos in it because it's late June and close to solstice and flower trigger is around the corner.

iTarzan

Those are real fine advanced scouting pics Tyco.
I use to put lots around the telephone poles in the corn. I found it to be a poison ivy resort club around these parts. It can climb up your plants and ruin them by leaving the Urushiol on the plants. You can get it in your lungs by smoking it. However, if you check them and keep it away or there is none around, like you said, field obstacles are great areas to plant. The combine can't get you with an early cut.

I figure the ones I put out last night will get around a month or so of veg time then around Aug 10 they will have some pistols and start the stretch. Even smaller plants can still get way bigger than people think.

I am planting some small patches of seeds. I did this a couple of times. You can easily get 4 ounces or so from a plant and maybe more. They have to be planted now. Clones can still be put out up to end of July around 41 N. They would be rooting and transitioning until aroud Aug 10 or so then start to stretch and flower. I used to do it back in the 70s when I was young and planting plants all over. Julian had his late mini method and would do much larger numbers. You can make some good money with enough late little plants.

The corn is nice because it is easy to enter and drop of supplies. It also is more hidden from rippers because they can'tlook for trails. The choppers can see your trails even in the corn. Luckily around here the deer stomp all over the fields and pull down lots of corn so trail are not so noticeable. I haven't run into it or at least do't know about it around here but the rippers and LEO have drones at their command now.

Even when you plan well and work hard the pitfalls between planting and harvest are many.

Last edited:
Hey does anybody have any suggestions on a good slow release granular bloom boost type fert? I’m looking to try something other then what I always use this year... I have to buy a lot If that matters..

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Hey does anybody have any suggestions on a good slow release granular bloom boost type fert? I’m looking to try something other then what I always use this year... I have to buy a lot If that matters..

I looked, but I haven't found a slow release lowN highP&K. I went so far as to try and create small clay balls that would disintegrate/leach that I could plant in the spring and have it release around mid/end of August. No luck.

I've resigned myself to using Monopotassium Phosphate (0-52-34) at flowering time.

I would have never thought it but yea.. since you told me that I started researching and can’t find anything.. maybe somebody else knows of something?
I read a lot on here so I know most of you guys are into pretty elaborate stuff which is cool.. that’s why I like to read it.. but for years now I honestly just take miracle grows bloom fertilizer and pour it on the ground raw, I do a circle around every plant.. and let the rain do the rest lol.. it has worked good enough for me..

-TheShortTexan-

According to the us governments classification. Marijuana is worse than either heroin or cocaine or the meth category of stimulants. Those all have approved medical uses but high probability of abuse and addiction. There is no medical use for marijuana in the government's eyes. But it only takes a person about 5 minutes to realize this is completely backwards.. Hopefully the science will out weigh these peoples ignorance. I live in a legal state but the cities all around me have taken a religious opposition to it. People will believe whatever a preacher says so if he neglects facts and just says marijuana is evil it will stay evil. I believe that's the problem in most states, they use religion to blind people to the facts. It's unfair because I know that church/ faith is a good thing but I hate to see people getting sucked into the madness that is prohibition

I am an ordained minister. I preach at a Texas church and volunteer weekly in a state prison where I also do faith based programs. I cannot stand to see anyone, especially pastors, make cannabis out to be evil. It breaks my heart. Too much of anything no matter how innocent can be abuse, but people often forget that overeating is taking something perfectly innocent and abusing it. It is the stigma that has been attached to weed for years that no one can seem to shake off. If you're the first person to say it's not bad, then you'll be the outsider. I know some people who can't live a normal life because ALL they care about and I mean LITERALLY all they care about is smoking weed. Yeah that's probably not good. But too much drinking or really too much of ANYTHING else is more harmful than herb in my opinion. If something controls your life, no matter how acceptable or unacceptable to society, then you need to stay away from it. I just hate that weed is one that people attack so often. When it has so so many proven good uses both medically and recreationally. I pray it changes. I really pray it changes.

"All things are lawful for me but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful for me but I will not be enslaved by anything." 1Cor 6:12

Sorry for the rant guys

Easy7

Veteran
People believe their beliefs and beliefs are usually not based on experience. Everyone is vulnverable to suffering so a lot of beliefs are fears and hopes.

I know cannabis can help a lot of suffering. It's not so wild, but it's wild enough.