What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maryland now taking out-of-state patients

Mr.Miner

Hello all.
I just wanted to pass this information along. Hopefully it can help someone out.
I found out, recently, that Maryland is taking applications for out-of-state medical patients. The stipulation is that the out-of-stater may apply for a medical card if they are receiving medical treatment in the state of Maryland. At first blush it seems a little circular i.e. you may apply for treatment if you are receiving treatment in the state- but then again, the treatment will be the cannabis itself. A little bit of a head-scratcher and it is sticky- pun intended- but I think it will work out just fine in the long run.
I contacted Greenway and set-up an appointment. I was required to bring my medical records that show how cannabis will be helpful, $200 cash or credit, and my i.d. I was fortunate enough to receive my medical recommendation from the doctor and now I just have to wait for the state of Maryland to set-up their on-line registration page for patients. I was told this on-line system will be set-up and complete by the first of the year.
Here is a link for all of those interested. The FAQ section is pretty detailed and helpful. Hopefully things go well. Wish me luck! Thanks!

http://mmcc.maryland.gov/default.aspx

Mr.Miner

Quoted from the Maryland.gov site:

Is there a residency requirement to participate in the medical cannabis program?
Any person who lives in Maryland can participate in the program. A person from out-of-state who is in the state for the purpose of receiving medical care can be issued a written certification and obtain medical cannabis.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
It doesn't seem like you need to be there receiving care already. It says "who is in the state for the purpose of receiving medical care." Your reason for going into the state just hast to be mmj, from what I can gather from the wording of that.

clips

just keep in mind just because ya paid 200bucks for some company to help you get it wont guarantee you being approved . both dr n patient must be approved by the commission . dr must also be registered with the commission before hand . even if your dr approves you and it must be a ongoing patient dr relationship so will be testing and all kinds of checks and balances . any deviation can result in police to come knocking and locking you up . the commission has final say whether you are approved or not . there is also limits to a 30 day supply of 30-120 grams ... also remember growers n processors must be drug and alcohol free . with only 15 growers licenses available many are big money outfits that really don't care about cure or strains for your benefit . marylands law is a absolute joke imho . it is a system geared for profiting off its patients under the guise of doing good for patients . cost will be unreal and unreasonable as limits will be set as testing is done as to thc, cbd levels ect . just so ya know the chairman of the maryland commission is a owner and operator of pain management centers. this program was set up just to satisfy voters and rape them by profits.... not to really help its designed to control and profit doing it .... be careful what ya wish for ya may think steak but your getting pink slime in reality ... sorry for the bad analogy but its the honest truth . md's program is a over regulated monopolistic farce .

Mr.Miner

^ Thanks very much for that information- I appreciate it. How it all rolls out will be interesting to say the least. If I were to be approved I would be pretty surprised but I am staying as optimistic as I can.
It's a real shame that yet another state pulls the bullshit on medical.

Irotas

^ Thanks very much for that information- I appreciate it. How it all rolls out will be interesting to say the least. If I were to be approved I would be pretty surprised but I am staying as optimistic as I can.
It's a real shame that yet another state pulls the bullshit on medical.

So is it hard to get approved? Why would you be surprised?

Latest posts

Latest posts