What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new buds or old for chemo?

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I am going to provide edibles for a family member that has advanced throat cancer.

She is very reluctant since she was raised with reefer madness and the mindset that cannabis is the devils weed.

However, I am told that the side effects of radiation and chemo will likely change her mind.

So I have buds from last year and the year before that are jarred and in a cold/cool place.

The older buds have turned brown and of course most of the nose is gone. When smoked it is very smooth and the high is not what I recall it was but it will get you there.

I also have more then enough buds from this years harvest. It is stronger and has of course that fresh cured bud smell.

What I would like to know is which should I use the older less thc more cbd (cbc? or what ever it breaks down too) or the fresher buds.

Thanks,

minds_I

Without a lab giving actual specifics I'd go for as varied a profile as possible in the end product so I'd go half n half myself.
Good luck with it.

cheers,......................................gps

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I have just finished 6 weeks of Chemo and Radiation ..

I have just finished 6 weeks of Chemo and Radiation ..

I have just finished 6 weeks of Chemo and Radiation and am recovering from the side effects.

I make Coconut Oil with cannabis, then I make cookies.

I take 1 Motrin 200mg and 1 Cookie w/65mg THC, works very well.

I say she if she can take the edibles, I would start with one at bedtime (she should sleep well and get over her fear of edibles)

If you go over to the cooking with cannabis forum, you will see various methods to make CanaButter or CocoCanna Oil (the best way).

Let me know if you have any questions

Best of luck and love to your family member.

Hey Minds I, some people don't tolerate edibles initially & have to start of with very small amounts. Just increase the dose slowly until you're at optimum.
Just one bad experience puts many off Herb for life & will only reinforce the 'reefer madness' propaganda.

As mentioned, night time is best.

Good luck.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sure sucks. The side effects can be dreadful.

Hope you're over it soon :)

Ditto those good thoughts (over it soon).
I can only imagine and have watched many a friend/relative fight.

How many cookies do you eat per day from your cannacoco recipe, 420 ?

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Just a couple...

Just a couple...

How many cookies do you eat per day from your cannacoco recipe, 420 ?

Since my tumor has shrunk due to the Radiation my pain is greatly reduced and I may eat a Cookie in the evening.

I used to have an incredible pain when I went to the bathroom, like getting kicked hard in the ass by a pointed Cowboy Boot. I could eat three or four a day if the he pain would linger. (It also helped with the side effects of the Chemotherapy) Now it is minor. My other pain is from Radiation burns on my skin near my butt they are almost healed but we're very painful.

So I have been eating a CanaCookie in the evening as the pain wears on me. I didn't eat any today for the first time in weeks.

CanaCookies and a Motrin have really helped me out with my cancer pain without taking Opioids.

:party:

Gry

Cannabis and ibuprofen usually work pretty well for me. Once in a while they tend not to be enough, soaking in a tub of really hot water seems to help, when it is not enough, I keep methadone on hand.
Always makes me feel a little better when I hear of someone able to use cannabis to avoid opiates.
About a year back, had a friend who was a nurse donate a kidney, used no opiates for recovery, and did well.

Latest posts

Latest posts