What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bad experience consuming

Donn

gotta keep doing it to get used to it lol.

Anyone remember the stuff that most of us had access to, 30 years ago? The same story - don't worry, you'll get better results when you have a little more experience - but the usual complaint back then was "I didn't feel anything."

I suppose it was very different indeed than what she remembers. You can find similar thoughts all over this site. Not just potency, but people scratching their heads and wondering, is it just me, or was the weed better back in the day, when it hadn't all been bred for 20% THC?

Z

Ziggaro

I've been close to the edge many times on edibles..luckily I can just go to sleep.
My wife on the otherhand..won't touch them anymore she thought she was dying for 8 hours.
My brother is a heavy smoker..but he got all paranoid and needed a ride home after eating some cookies on the disc golf course.
I hate to admit it but weed is not for everyone, let alone highly concentrated edibles. You don't need to get high for pain relief just take a puff and see where you are. Start slow..

fangsolo28

I've been close to the edge many times on edibles..luckily I can just go to sleep.
My wife on the otherhand..won't touch them anymore she thought she was dying for 8 hours.
My brother is a heavy smoker..but he got all paranoid and needed a ride home after eating some cookies on the disc golf course.
I hate to admit it but weed is not for everyone, let alone highly concentrated edibles. You don't need to get high for pain relief just take a puff and see where you are. Start slow..

Yeah I am just taking a small puff at this point and it gets me a small little relaxed feeling. The edibles are done for me, that was some intense shit and scared the hell out of me, thanks God none of my kids were home with me...seriously would not have been a good thing!!

I hate opiates but they have worked for my pain management and now the doctors are treating me like a drug addict and cutting me off...no way I am going to the street for pills with all the fen tonal around these days.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
hello fangsolo28,

it is a known fact that cannabis is best taken through the lungs; the healthiest way to do this is by vaporizing, the second best options are bongs (water pipes), that although may not filter the smoke as previously thought, it will at least cool it down very well so that the experience of smoking will be very smooth. Joints are good too, but the paper plus high heat of the smoke can be problematic for many.

having said that, no one respected in the medicinal cannabis field will advice anyone to try edibles first! that's one of the worst mistakes that can be made, there's no debate about this, as when cannabis is eaten, it is processed in a different way to get into the blood-stream, and in the process, the effects are quite altered bio-chemically. also, keep in mind that a medicinal dose of cannabis to be taken in edibles is about 0.1 grams per person!!! most people always mess up making edibles...

hence, the highest cutting edge technologies for medicinal cannabis is coming in the form of high tech vaporizers; not edibles, not concentrated oral drops, etc...

the vapor smoothly enters the blood-stream directly through the lungs and the interaction of our organism with cannabis is way better and cleaner than eating it.

also, for people like yourself who have had little experience with cannabis before, to begin using medicinal cannabis, you must always start with one single puff off the vape or bong and wait at least 30 minutes to see if you need more. Over-smoking for beginners is probably the first cause of dislike of the drug.

if you find the right medicinal varieties for your specific condition, and you vape properly without under or over doing it throughout the day, you may get off the opiates for good; it may not be as effective as opiates though, but it is a proven fact that it will not negatively affect your health like these opiate pills do.

good luck man and much good health to you and yours!

peace

fangsolo28

hello fangsolo28,

it is a known fact that cannabis is best taken through the lungs; the healthiest way to do this is by vaporizing, the second best options are bongs (water pipes), that although may not filter the smoke as previously thought, it will at least cool it down very well so that the experience of smoking will be very smooth. Joints are good too, but the paper plus high heat of the smoke can be problematic for many.

having said that, no one respected in the medicinal cannabis field will advice anyone to try edibles first! that's one of the worst mistakes that can be made, there's no debate about this, as when cannabis is eaten, it is processed in a different way to get into the blood-stream, and in the process, the effects are quite altered bio-chemically. also, keep in mind that a medicinal dose of cannabis to be taken in edibles is about 0.1 grams per person!!! most people always mess up making edibles...

hence, the highest cutting edge technologies for medicinal cannabis is coming in the form of high tech vaporizers; not edibles, not concentrated oral drops, etc...

the vapor smoothly enters the blood-stream directly through the lungs and the interaction of our organism with cannabis is way better and cleaner than eating it.

also, for people like yourself who have had little experience with cannabis before, to begin using medicinal cannabis, you must always start with one single puff off the vape or bong and wait at least 30 minutes to see if you need more. Over-smoking for beginners is probably the first cause of dislike of the drug.

if you find the right medicinal varieties for your specific condition, and you vape properly without under or over doing it throughout the day, you may get off the opiates for good; it may not be as effective as opiates though, but it is a proven fact that it will not negatively affect your health like these opiate pills do.

good luck man and much good health to you and yours!

peace

Thanks fro the advice man! That is one of the reasons I am trying to get away from the opiates, they will end up killing me or making my health worse all together. They are already starting to make me feel ill and I am starting to stress about what the pills are doing to my system, not to mention the risk of becoming severely addicted to them...

Hey Fang, hope your experience with the beautiful Herb has improved.

Over a dozen years ago, I was taking over 500mg of morphine daily, for chronic pain. I'm now down to around 100mg a day.

Pharmaceutical opiates aren't healthy long term, but it's not quite as bad as some people make out. It comes down to dosage & lifestyle.
After 15 years of morphine use, blood tests show that my liver is still healthy - flax seed oil & dandelion root powder, amongst other things, really helps.

The only reason why I took high daily doses was because I was given 2-3 years to live. Had I known that I would survive for this long, I would've used the morphine more judiciously. Opiates are good for short term but extended use only gives one dependence issues & a tolerance that demands higher doses.

Everyone has different tolerance levels to pain, but given my time again, I'd only use opiates for a day or two every 7 days or so to give me a 'time-out' from the pain. In the interim I'd use the Herb.

Meditation helps me enormously head-wise & is very relaxing - the more relaxed, the lesser the pain.

It doesn't surprise me that your Dr's are treating you like a junkie. This attitude seems to be universal. Long term opiate use is seen as a failure of the system here, so the Dr's at the pain clinic tried to push methadone on me. I told them to bugger off because I'm not a junkie. One can function on morphine - methadone turns one into a medicated zombie.

The Dr's attitude will change if you had a clear diagnosis for the cause of your pain.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts