What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me find my medicine. Sativa only baby!

Bonjour! :artist:

So I have an important mission Im trying to accomplish, and I need all the help I can get from you fine peoples.

Im trying to find a 100% sativa strain/s to use medically, and I got some strict specifications for this strain to meet.

So I need something that #1 is completely functional and clear headed. No memory problems or cognitive impairment. Something with absolutely zero "intoxication".
I need to be able to do math and physics homework with it. Actually I need it to help me focus/concentrate, and think more clearly. I have really bad ADD, and I hate taking pharma poison :violin:

I also need it to make me feel uplifted/happy/euphoric. Energized and motivated too. I like herb that gets me to the gym! I need it to keep me active mentally and physically. And it cant have a "burnout" or "hangover". And also, I also don't want it to be psychedelic/trippy/introspective.
And preferably something that actually helps with anxiety.

So far I have found a couple strains that interest me, but I haven't found enough info about their effects to make a firm decision. If any one here as smoked them before, please tell me if its good for me. They are:
#1 Orisha, by mandala seeds
#2 King Congo V4/King congo, by tropical seeds company
#3 Bangi haze, by ace
there are many more strains that I have read about, but I cant make a firm decision on what to buy until I get enough help. :cry:

:thank you: :flowers2:

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
You´re on a narrow but very interesting path.
May you find your medicine!

In my very limited experience it would be very hard to find a 100% pure sativa with absolutely zero "intoxication".

My thoughts is that you´re better of with some good quality hybrid that suits your very personal needs.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Have you looked into "Y" Greiga from Medical seeds. Only issue you will find with the Particular Sativa you require is it will likely have a much longer flower period, sometimes up to 120 days, if you are good at growing indoors you should be able to do it.

As far as finding what you are looking for in dispensaries, you will have to talk to one in your area.

Peace

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I have smoked a lot of different strains in my time. Everyone unique to the other, it is hard for anyone to say what would be good for you as I do not know how you will react, if you are ADD and you are also hyper a Sativa may not be the best thing for you. Perhaps a hybrid, if you go online, and google **********S*E*E*D*F*I*N*D*E*R you will be able to read a lot about different strains and what they do.

Pure Sativas tend to be racey head highs and when there is no CBD content some tend to have not so pleasant effects on the novice user, which I am guessing you are.

If I were you I would go to a few expos and ask around about the same thing, a lot of the times at expos they will give you some samples you can try.

If not it is trial and error time.

Peace

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
well that's good as long as you can avoid panic / anxiety, it really is a quest you are on, to find what works for you.

Are you in a position to grow your own?

Peace

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
First of all I will say I am not a Doctor by any stretch of a healthy imagination. I suppose in the end when I consider what you tell is the truth.

With your symptoms I am convinced 100% that you may have a issue with depression.

Not to say that some good meds can help, there is a very good chance Cannabis can help as well, but it should be monitored by a Proffesional.

Peace

Ready4

Veteran
I also have ADD/ADHD . I have Chocolope to be my favorite medicine for addressing the symptoms.
A very underrated Sativa , I have a short stocky pheno which grows like an Indica in stature but has very excellent high energy effects.
In small doses ( 1-2 hits) I am able to focus on work much better, it is very potent and a little too much will have you physically moving around getting things done.
Couch locked Indica folks sometimes have trouble with the energy it produces. :D

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
not to be a dick but you're asking for some really impossible shit. quite frankly/simply, we aren't you so we don't know what weed makes you feel like, i only know what weed makes me feel like. i find most sativas i smoke do all that shit which is why i smoke sativa, i have bad ADD or whatever you call it when your thoughts are like a F5 tornado 24/7. there are side effects like a comedown and "introspective" whatever i call that my thoughts slowing down long enough for me to actually think about the shit i wanna think about not all the billions of random thoughts that come and go within any given minute of my life.

all i can tell you is try a strain and see if you like it. all sativas do what you're looking for.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look into CBD Crew. They have plenty of 1 to 1 ratio strains. Equal amounts of thc and cbd cancel the buzz but leave focused feeling.

I am growing their Nordle right now, looking forward to the centering effects it may bring.

MostlyMe

Veteran
When I was reading your desired characteristics, I immediately thought of Bangi haze... and it turns out it's on your list as well :D So yeah, that should be a good one.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
As you probably have read, different people get somewhat different results from same strains. But the Swazi Redbeard I'm smoking now fits your description, so if you have luck finding some seeds of this 100% sativa landrace give it a try.

Good luck finding a suitable medicine! :wave:

wingdings

Veteran
Ace and Cannabiogen have plenty of reports on bangi haze in their breeder sub-forum here on ic. (Both sell the strain from the same stock.) Bangi is a great chioce, Cannabiogen's mextiza is another that should fit your bill. Truly special sativa effects.

Latest posts

Latest posts