What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace mix keepers

JockBudman

Christmas came early...

Christmas came early...

Check what just arrived today from the gang at Ace

picture.php

Saw that Ace were running a black Friday sale and despite not being one for impulse buys I couldn't resist a 10 pack of the Oldtimers Haze at 50% off - I've been wanting these forever since I saw someone running a beast of an OTH in a journal somewhere.
And they sent me 12 seeds instead of 10 so win win win win for me

Now, remember when I said I was planning to cross Purple Queen to a purple African Buzz Malawi? Well now I also plan to hunt down a purple OT Haze male and hit her with that too! :woohoo:

Not sure when I can get a chance to do it as I'm in for the long haul with the haze but the seeds are going into the fridge and will be top priority when I have 6 months to spare :tumbleweed:
Meanwhile I've got so many other crosses I want to make, especially with my ace gear: Purple Queen, that stinky one I'm calling Goodyear after the tyres, zamaldelica plus a bag of tropical mix.
Rest assured that any crosses will be making an appearance here :tiphat:

Ganja gu brah :joint:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi JockBudman :) Welcome to our room at ICMag!

Glad to see you are enjoying with the different cannabis expressions you found in your ACE Mix pack.
Your Purple Queen is without any doubt a PCK cross, my guess is that most probably with a sativa due to the foxtailing of her flowers, a bit like Violeta does.

The other plant looks like an Orient Express vietnamese sativa pheno to me.

Thanks for supporting our Black Friday sale ;) You will find great plants if you cross your beloved Purple Queen with an Oldtimer's Haze male. Best regards!

JockBudman

Hi JockBudman :) Welcome to our room at ICMag!

Glad to see you are enjoying with the different cannabis expressions you found in your ACE Mix pack.
Your Purple Queen is without any doubt a PCK cross, my guess is that most probably with a sativa due to the foxtailing of her flowers, a bit like Violeta does.

The other plant looks like an Orient Express vietnamese sativa pheno to me.

Thanks for supporting our Black Friday sale ;) You will find great plants if you cross your beloved Purple Queen with an Oldtimer's Haze male. Best regards!

Hi Dubi, thanks for dropping in :tiphat:

Whatever the make up of Purple Queen, she's definitely a winner for me. Over the years I've grown and smoked more strains than I can think of and this is definitely one of the best. The PCK side is really relaxing so I can enjoy the speedy ride the sativa is giving to it. Its exactly my kind of high, so much so that I've stashed a few big buds for Christmas and New year's but still keep dipping into them whenever I need a lift. Like right now :laughing: All I can say is thank you very much for breeding such great genetics.

Also, as a general update, I've jarred the last ace plant in this batch aka the burnt rubber stinking one. It's fucking lethal how bad it smells, proper pungent. I'm trying to reveg a few buds at the bottom so I can take cuts and cross it to a skunk to make my own stink bomb.

Interestingly this one grew very similarly to Purple Queen, so much so that I actually thought they might be sisters at first. Who knows? They could be. Would be interesting to find where the foul stench side comes from, seems to be a trait people look for now.

gr8fulguitr

outstanding grow. I really enjoyed the looks of the purple queen, mama pajama ganja.

G/L with the OTH, sounds like good times.

JockBudman

Just thought I'd quickly add a shot of the Goodyear bud - stinky burnt rubber stank, nice dank after taste and a red eyed stone - very much a classic :joint:

picture.php

CowboyTed

Thanks for sharing your ace mix pics!

I recently planted an ACE mix seed along with a bunch of other ace strains. The mystery seed is growing right alongside a Snow Moon, and so far they look like twins. Time will tell.

I enjoy the mystery of growing Ace mix, since I enjoy perusing all the threads and guessing which genetics might be in them.

I'll post up some pics next time I'm home.

Last edited:

JockBudman

Happy new year and happy new queen!

picture.php

The clone I took is just past her first week of flower. Bit sensitive to nitrogen so her clones will be getting a lighter soil in future but I'm happy to have the next generation in flower with another one rooting out a pot just now in veg

elladara

Burnt rubber

Burnt rubber

I grew 4-5 orient express seeds a few years ago. Most were earthy-floral, like the strain description. The one I wanna talk about though, had an extreme burnt rubber-diesel-earthy aroma that translated pretty good to taste. So stinky you could not help but love it. Mine did not look like yours, it had more compact and tight buds all the way to the bottom branches. The high was similar to the other plants, clear functional, everyday high. But the taste, oh the taste kept me coming back to the jar, joint after joint. Thanks for making me remember. Kidding, I never forgot it to this day.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi JockBudman,

Glad to hear your rate your Purple Queen among the best you have grown and smoked :)
The pungent lethal smell of your other more sativa plant sounds related to Vietnam Black from Orient Express hybrid. The only way to fully confirm which genetics are you growing from our ACE Mix would be to send samples to Phylos and compare the genotype results with the analyses we already have in their galaxy.

Looks like the clone in your last pic is showing a bit of N overfeeding. Try to make a flush with low EC (0.2) and proper ph, guess she will correct the problem once she is bigger and can accept more nutrients, the soil mix was probably too hot for her.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome elladara :)

Glad to hear you enjoyed with the terpene profiles and effects of the Orient Express you grew and that the results were faithful to our strain description of the strain.
Maybe Orient Express terpene profile is not for everyone (especially for those more used to fruity terpenes), but if you like it then you usually love it ;)

JockBudman

Hi JockBudman,

Glad to hear your rate your Purple Queen among the best you have grown and smoked :)
The pungent lethal smell of your other more sativa plant sounds related to Vietnam Black from Orient Express hybrid. The only way to fully confirm which genetics are you growing from our ACE Mix would be to send samples to Phylos and compare the genotype results with the analyses we already have in their galaxy.

Looks like the clone in your last pic is showing a bit of N overfeeding. Try to make a flush with low EC (0.2) and proper ph, guess she will correct the problem once she is bigger and can accept more nutrients, the soil mix was probably too hot for her.

Well the queen is all your work at Ace so thank you for creating her :tiphat:

Sadly the mum isn't looking great and I had to hack off a load of the root ball and repot her along with the mandala clone of the same age so hopefully she'll recover and I'll have got the soil mix right with less of the nitro high stuff I use in the mix.
Luckily I have a clone rooted in veg and two in the cloning chamber - getting them to root is hard though, she has very strong woody stems and likes to take a while to build roots. But regardless I'll have a mother even if the original dies on me. Thank god I learned a bit about cloning even if my technique could do with some improvement.

The Purple Queen in flower is looking great, the claw is evening out now and I even gave her a little dash of veg feed yesterday in with her flower nutes as she was yellowing a touch. A tricky feeder but I hope I'll have it dialled in in a few runs.

I also got the Wispy orient express pheno to mum up and have two clones of her in the cloning chamber - I'll post photos later tonight. She's going to be processed into vape juice. I've got a feeling the high on her will be perfect for a day time sativa hit.

The Goodyear bud is proving hard to reveg but also seems to be unkillable. The buds have yellowed and gone a bit crispy but still there are touches of green trying to make it to the light so I've fed her up and sprayed the green tips to try to give them a chance. Definitely not a technique I'll be using again - next time I'm cloning all plants at the start because I'll be well pissed if I lose her. Hopefully I'll be able to save her and get her crossed into a skunk.

Maybe one day I'll be able to send some of these off to phylos although part of me likes the mystery. Like with the PQ I know there's pck and probably an African sativa of some kind but I kind of like not knowing. The reason I went to mixed seeds for my mum hunting was to avoid all the hype name bullshit and just get good plants from a good breeder to mix with good plants from other good breeders and make my own stuff tailored to my own needs.
So far it's paying off more than I'd hoped and the vigorous growth and quality buds from these Ace seeds as well as the mandala ones are very impressive compared to some hyped up hybrids I've run.

I'll be back with some photos later on :tiphat:

JockBudman

I grew 4-5 orient express seeds a few years ago. Most were earthy-floral, like the strain description. The one I wanna talk about though, had an extreme burnt rubber-diesel-earthy aroma that translated pretty good to taste. So stinky you could not help but love it. Mine did not look like yours, it had more compact and tight buds all the way to the bottom branches. The high was similar to the other plants, clear functional, everyday high. But the taste, oh the taste kept me coming back to the jar, joint after joint. Thanks for making me remember. Kidding, I never forgot it to this day.

Orient express again eh? :thinking: looks like I may have two phenos then if the wispy is a sativa leaning one and the Goodyear is also related but more on the indica side. That's good to hear as I'm having trouble revegging Goodyear but do happen to have a China Yunnan fem freebie so I might pop that soon and see what terp profile she throws out.

Ganja gu brah : joint:

JockBudman

Evening all, here's a photo of the Wispy mother plant as promised

picture.php

And here's a few of the Purple Queen in flower, you can't really see but she's starting to purple up in the buds and the claw is gone at the top level. I'm hoping she stays on track and healthy until the end - I'm thinking she'll be one long stick of bud, I'll have to do a sog of her soon

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

JockBudman

So, some good news born of bad. I had a hermi show up in my main grow using 5 litre pots, so after scrapping her I decided to put a positive spin on it by potting up one of the Purple Queen clones :dance013: sticking her into 5l of soil rather than the smaller 2l pots I've been using to run clones. And here she is

picture.php

Also, I just got home to find a clone of wispy is rooted so she's been potted on too alongside a mandala mango clone.

picture.php

I'm just waiting on my PQ in flower to show some bud so I can post some photos. I think she's going to make a really good sog plant. Imagine - an ocean of purple buds :bis:

JockBudman

Just thought I'd add some shots of the Purple Queen at just over 4 weeks of flowering

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And here's one the underside of the leaves, some of which have gone red and purple even though the topsides are green

picture.php

CBDman

I have grow this ACE mix

3 of 5 pop

I got 3 different strains in the end.

2 of them gave me big yeld 50g plus each
the smal shit i got only 30g

Smoke report
all was fire
the smal one was bad ass smoke.
The big ones was okey .

That little fucker if i know name i grow it again

I must also say ACE is overhyped right now.
They cant do FEMS anymore.

If you need best seeds, then look right now after stabile vendors who can handle this thing.
Sell millions seeds is not simple work.

ACE is going down.
This is easy hard hustling company.
REGS is not the future.

Last edited:

JockBudman

I've got some clones of wispy waiting to be potted up for flowering soon, plus several more clones of purple queen and wispy being rooted (just in case it seems like I'm just gonna post about the Queen) but I'm waiting on a few supplies coming in to make up my own soil mix so I'll take photos of those once I've potted them up.

In the meantime I figured I'd keep documenting the flowering stages of the Purple Queen.

First up there's the one I potted up in a five litre pot, showing how she branches out given root space. Really nice structure and it's good to see the plant in a more natural grow than the ones I've run before.

picture.php

And now the smaller one around five weeks of flowering. Really starting to fill in and give that wonderful stacked foxtail look I fell in love with

picture.php

Bud stick

picture.php

picture.php

JockBudman

Just a few shots of the PQ, about 6 1/2 weeks of flowering.

picture.php

picture.php

And a cool one that was underexposed, looks all nice and dark

picture.php

She looks a bit sad, way too high on nitrogen early on then not enough in mid flower, but still putting together some nice buds.

In contrast here's the one I put in a 5 litre pot. Got the feeding closer to what she needs on this one and I'm hoping to keep her green up to the flush.

picture.php

picture.php

Not easy to see in photos but she's got the purple coming into the buds.

Sadly, just as I'm getting the clones dialed in more, I'm facing issues with the mother. Basically she autoflowers when root bound. Doesn't help that I have to keep bonsai mums due to space but it's forcing my hand somewhat regarding what I do with her. I'm away for a holiday in a few months and have plenty lined up to go in the flower tent before then to crop before I go, so as soon as I'm back I'll be popping OT haze and African buzz to get fathers to make seed. I'm keeping multiple mothers or rather starting to, to try to combat this issue but taking clones on clones isn't the best solution so once the seed back ups are in place I'll have to make a decision on whether to keep her in pure form or just run the crosses. I had hoped to compare the original to her daughters but I guess that'll depend on how the mothers hold up over the rest of this year.

I dunno - hard to clone, sensitive to nutes, autoflowers when mummed up - I'm not sure she wants to keep going

Ganja gu brah

JockBudman

Photo time - wispy clones nearing the end of their second week in flower. I'm hoping they gain some height because right now they seem really squat in comparison to what I remember of the mother.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Got them in a soil mix I'm trying out and one has already lost a load of leaves due to yellowing so I've fed them heartily today and hopefully that'll sort the sad look out.

Latest posts

Latest posts