What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Euphoric sativa strains?

T

Teddybrae

So, OK all you aficionados of Euphoric gear!

I am but a humble consumer of Mango Haze. I think I achieve euphoria. But now it looks like I might be experiencing something else.

What would I be experiencing then if I 'm not consuming what you're consuming?

Jammal

The strains we are mostly referring too give a lucid dreaming like type high...some of the commercial strains touch on it but not like the pure Sativa's effects... Earlier I mentioned SSH and JH but those are still watered down but I dig them so whatever...

But Durban, Thai, Jamaican, Mexican highland, Colombian, Cambodian,,, see where this is going...

Durban is just a bit special and has a great yeild and respectable flowering time so its one of the only pure Sativa's ever really on the market.

Great flavor
I'd like to do a Durban x purple urkle.

Satyros

What would I be experiencing then if I 'm not consuming what you're consuming?

Good question...a lot of the subjective terms get more confusing than they are explanatory.

If euphoria is ecstasy, it means "out of the body", not like astral projection, but by mostly switching off sensory input because the mind is full of good things and senses are not needed.

A lot of remarks point at these kinds of sativas as having "no or little body buzz". Although the Africans seem to frequently be stimulants. An edge like speed or coke is not what I would call euphoric, if it was, I would do those other things instead of cannabis.

I like body effect that's not exactly narcotic, that I can't find a word for other than "good" or "pleasure", which I have only ever found in cannabis, nothing like speed or alcohol effects. Maybe it's more like a bunch of health food and a massage. It's not really euphoria because it is a physical feeling, and I wish I could think of the right word because "feels good" is probably more often applied to a paralyzing stone. So I'm not sure what I mean, except it's neither stimulated nor depressed, it's more normal, but like extra normal. A really nice normal.

On those lines, I thought some of the simpler hybrids worked well: Nemesis and Himalayan Gold. They are similar; Nemesis is a bit more like getting on an elevator, but both have warm fuzzies, and a similar mind effect. Can't quite call them euphorics if that is supposed to include stimulation or no body effect. Those are half sativa. Not quite sure they're energetic, but they're not muddy or disorienting.

I haven't yet found a majority or pure sativa that makes up for the lack of warm fuzzies with something extremely mentally beneficial. Haven't tried many yet; so far, their main advantage seems to be that you can still work or do other active things willingly. Again, difference as a matter of degree: unhindered instead of wired. So I would tend to call such sativas "daytime smoke", but not necessarily euphoric. Orient Express for example. Creeper, light, and up for sure--maybe euphoric to some, but others probably come closer. No wired edge to it.

And a lot of effect is probably regulated by internal and environmental conditions. The people I know are hooked on indica style blitzing, which really impedes one's ability to achieve euphoria or anything similar. So this year I grew majority and pure sativas, to experiment with pretty much the same topic as to what they can really do. Results incoming in a couple months.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
archaic atoms it´s an F2 of BillyGoats Bangkok Betty Pure Thai landrace line.

Green Squall

What about Mothers Milk (Nepali OG x Appalachia)? Never tried it, but I bought a pack based on the reviews alone. Its supposed to be a very calming, euphoric and just an all good feeling strain.

nksv

Panama cured at 5 months is bliss. I am grabbing some bangi haze/ethiopian from Ace. Apparently euphoric combo.

G

Panama cured at 5 months is bliss. I am grabbing some bangi haze/ethiopian from Ace. Apparently euphoric combo.

I 2nd the vote for Panama!! I started a dozen back in April, finished 3 that are curing as we speak. I have many cuts flowering from the rest of the girls and looking forward to these finishing over the next several weeks. I sampled some smoke from the first 3 and found them to be happy uplifting and no anxiety at all. Very potent and long lasting!! These had almost no cure at all, can't wait to try some with a couple more months in the jars. Highly recommend these jewels from ACE

I 2nd the vote for Panama!! I started a dozen back in April, finished 3 that are curing as we speak. I have many cuts flowering from the rest of the girls and looking forward to these finishing over the next several weeks. I sampled some smoke from the first 3 and found them to be happy uplifting and no anxiety at all. Very potent and long lasting!! These had almost no cure at all, can't wait to try some with a couple more months in the jars. Highly recommend these jewels from ACE

Panama is definately on my list of MUST Grows

St. Phatty

C99 from which breeder would you recommend?
As far as I know there is Brothers Grimm, Female seeds, Joey Weed & Mosca.

Siever

An alternative is Apollo F3's.

I made a batch of seeds from TGA's 2014 vintage Apollo.

Damn, the variety of phenotypes is AWESOME.

I grew Grimm C99 in the 00's. The Apollo & Apollo F3's are very similar, like non-identical twin sisters.

Last I heard, Subcool stopped selling Apollo, but maybe somebody else has it.

Siever

Veteran
An alternative is Apollo F3's.

I made a batch of seeds from TGA's 2014 vintage Apollo.

Damn, the variety of phenotypes is AWESOME.

I grew Grimm C99 in the 00's. The Apollo & Apollo F3's are very similar, like non-identical twin sisters.

Last I heard, Subcool stopped selling Apollo, but maybe somebody else has it.

thanks man

dddaver

Veteran
Peak Seeds, www.peakseedsbc.com , has a Sweet Skunk/ C-99 cross. Very fert tolerant, very vigorous growth, I'm growing some now. Plan to flip at the end of Sept. Hope to make some seeds.

Edit:Link goes to secure page. Just take out s at end of https:// in link. Should work.

Siever

Veteran
thanks for the info everybody. I don't know yet what I'll do, because Satori is said to be an awesome variety too.

Barney's has Dr. Grinspoon again. They've been out for the past 2 years. Great sativa strain. Doesn't yield but it's great stuff.

MintyMick

thanks for the info everybody. I don't know yet what I'll do, because Satori is said to be an awesome variety too.

Satori is a great strain. I’d recommend Columbian Gold also. I think

Maybe I’ll throw some Satori pollen I’ve had in my fridge since 2015 on my Santa Marta CG and see what happens...sorry if that’s off topic a bit, but I’m a recovering seed whore (fuck herms though). I just can’t seem to grow anything out without making some seeds...

Latest posts

Latest posts