What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P. Boy Scouts

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So many of you said that, they have been reviewed from top to bottom a number of times and deemed objective. They date back to the early days of the Internet.

Unlike the heavily biased fake news sites ya'll repost from.

packerfan79

Veteran
So many of you said that, they have been reviewed from top to bottom a number of times and deemed objective. They date back to the early days of the Internet.

I don't repost from any questionable sources. Snopes is at most an equally biased site,not a legitimate fact check site

Cannavore

Veteran
Who cares about a dead organization. I bet theres more kids on Twitch.tv right now watching other kids play video games than there are members of the boy scouts in total.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
:yeahthats

Yeah, and that's a real shame...

The Boy Scouts was an organization that helped a lot of boys direct their energy in a good direction..
Teaching them how to get along with each other while teaching valuable outdoor skills...

I'll bet the Boy Scouts kept a lot of boys out of trouble they might have otherwise gotten into,
and probably even straightened out more than just a few, who might otherwise have chosen a bad path in life...

packerfan79

Veteran
Who cares about a dead organization. I bet theres more kids on Twitch.tv right now watching other kids play video games than there are members of the boy scouts in total.

Who cares how many people are in an organization that teaches boys to become men? The problem is that people are forcing a private group to change everything about the group to appease a few people. Should we mandate that women's groups allow men? Should we mandate that the NAACP have whites, Asians, etc. Should we force the DNC have conservatives? The force is the problem. The force is the slippery slope. It's the fact that leftist mandate everyone must adhear to thier belifes , or you are wrongly labeled, a racist, homophobe, islamaphobe. Their is nothing wrong with boys and girls being different. Individuality is the foundation of freedom.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
yeahthatsign.gif

Yeah, and that's a real shame...

The Boy Scouts was an organization that helped a lot of boys direct their energy in a good direction..
Teaching them how to get along with each other while teaching valuable outdoor skills...

I'll bet the Boy Scouts kept a lot of boys out of trouble they might have otherwise gotten into,
and probably even straightened out more than just a few, who might otherwise have chosen a bad path in life...

Agreed.... they were a great horse at one time. It's dead now. Let us proceed now with the beating of the dead horse. LOL

Cannavore

Veteran
Who cares how many people are in an organization that teaches boys to become men? The problem is that people are forcing a private group to change everything about the group to appease a few people. Should we mandate that women's groups allow men? Should we mandate that the NAACP have whites, Asians, etc. Should we force the DNC have conservatives? The force is the problem. The force is the slippery slope. It's the fact that leftist mandate everyone must adhear to thier belifes , or you are wrongly labeled, a racist, homophobe, islamaphobe. Their is nothing wrong with boys and girls being different. Individuality is the foundation of freedom.

i was in the boy scouts. they didn't teach me how to become a man. they taught me how to make co2 powered pinewood derby cars and make macaroni necklaces.

were they really forced though? lol or is it because the scouts are dying and combining them will boost membership?

The DNC already has conservatives. In fact most of them are.

"The rebranding of the Boy Scouts program is paired with a new ad campaign — "Scout Me In" — designed to appeal to both boys and girls.

"As we enter a new era for our organization, it is important that all youth can see themselves in Scouting in every way possible," Boy Scouts of America chief executive Michael Surbaugh said in a statement. "That is why it is important that the name for our Scouting program for older youth remain consistent with the single name approach used for the Cub Scouts."

oh boy what a leftist plot! RIP AMERICA

"Other Boy Scouts programs for older youth — such as an outdoor adventure program called Venturing — were already open to girls. But those programs didn't offer girls the chance to attain the highest rank of Eagle Scout."

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Canna, it sounds like you're confusing the Boy Scouts with the Cub Scouts...

Are you always so cynical about everything? Life is short man, lighten up a bit and enjoy the diversity that is people who think a little differently than you!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Which pressure group or lobby pushed the organization to make this move? An actual organization, not vaguely pointing your finger to the left.

Got a copy of this mandate?

Gry

The scouts were ok when I was a kid.
What I remember were WWII era vets that always seemed to have time to explain how things worked to me as a kid.
What I learned about life and integrity from them always left me feeling like I owe. I try to remember those kinds of thoughts as I deal with young people.

U

Ununionized

The man from Snopes doesn't have any credibility.

It's some dude and his wife.

Now they're divorced.

Neither of them

has any real bona fides

in any field whatever.

They're among the original IP/home computing bubblers,

claiming to "fact check" international conspiracies and underground movements their white, suburban a%$es couldn't get into
if they promised to give UP some $#@.

Five people who own a liberal newspaper bought half (now just his) organization.

So now
the ONE guy with his SMALL STAFF

you think have been going around "checking into international mysteries" -

has had five different people from a liberal newspaper approach him, and altogether buy half his company.

If he's so smart

why couldn't he figure out about the five people buying half his website
when they all work for the same newspaper,

and obviously all were doing the same thing?

Why couldn't he "figure that out" ?

HmM?

You thought he was real?

Let me guess: you think Wikipedia is real too.

No, although I'm sure Snopes checked it and found

"IT's LegiT! Yaw!"

shithawk420

Veteran
i dont know know anything about snopes but if 5 people bought half his website sounds like he was a smart cause he probably made a lot a of money doing nothing.but like i said i know nothing about it cause i dont go to internet news sources

R

Rubber Chicken

i dont know know anything about snopes but if 5 people bought half his website sounds like he was a smart cause he probably made a lot a of money doing nothing.but like i said i know nothing about it cause i dont go to internet news sources

Fox News is where it's at?

Sorry, i had to. :) (I don't know where you get news from but i have to make fun at Fox whenever there is an opportunity.)

shithawk420

Veteran
i get my news from the local news and and science magazine or whatever its called.my uncle has a subscription.i dont do politics

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Babbling Dude,

You're right, Wikipedia is a figment of my imagination broadcast in a mass planetary hallucination.

Your tin hat's leaking.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I get my news from what I hear, and see with my own ears and eyes. Everything else is fake news, provided to tender someone's agenda.

And, half of what I hear and see is fake news as well.

Wiki is a joke. I put stuff on Wiki all the time. Look up ASSHOLE. There's an entry I did on some guy I knew. LOL And, 'jacking off'. I did that one too. Wiki is a fucking joke. The entire internet is a fucking joke.

What do you call the man who controls the most powerful weapon in the world? A computer hacker. LOL

On the other side of the coin, I am multiple times published in Scientific American as well.

W

Water-

wiki is a joke to people that are not very intelligent and look up dumb things on it.

never has there been a greater source for world history information

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Coming from a guy who probably feels Reader's Digest Condensed books were incredibly well written.

Bet you were a 'cliff notes' kind of guy in college, weren't you. LOL

Yep. Wiki is awesome and the TV news never lies.

A world full of rebleating sheeple. LOL