What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian sativa

Onboard

Pk13/14 is ok and guano is good.
I now mainly use a mix kelp

Pk 13/14 is good .
Kelp is good potassium
Rock phosphate in organic soils
I add a lot of green manure seeds into the mulch, let them grow a little then either chop them or just turn the mulch over . Worms love it..
chia seeds is a great one too .
Thanks again @Holeshot51! :smoke:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I don't like chemical PK 13/14, it can easily leave an undesirable metalic taste to your flowers, uniformizing terpenes profiles of very different genetics, but not in a good way. It's better the plant gets the PK from organic sources, then the flowers will be maybe not so thick and resinous like with chemical PK, but much tastier and healthier to consume, even the effects are better.

Take also in consideration that inbred pure tropical sativa landraces like Ethiopian need much lesser quantity of nutrients (ec) than modern indica dom hybrids. The feeding recommended by the fertilizer brand will easily burn strains such as Ethiopian. Take a look to the growing tips and recommended feeding stated in the description, first page of the thread.

Mateiro

No. I am back to canna Coco ab formulation. My point now is to raise vpd to 27-28C, 55% and run dry/wet. They dont get calcium under the Led... 25C is low.

Mateiro

I don't like chemical PK 13/14, it can easily leave an undesirable metalic taste to your flowers, uniformizing terpenes profiles of very different genetics, but not in a good way. It's better the plant gets the PK from organic sources, then the flowers will be maybe not so thick and resinous like with chemical PK, but much tastier and healthier to consume, even the effects are better.

Take also in consideration that inbred pure tropical sativa landraces like Ethiopian need much lesser quantity of nutrients (ec) than modern indica dom hybrids. The feeding recommended by the fertilizer brand will easily burn strains such as Ethiopian. Take a look to the growing tips and recommended feeding stated in the description, first page of the thread.
Yea. 300-400 ppm.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Time for the Ethiopian thread to get a little love.

Very lanky, and already resinous, not much smell yet but it's just started flowering.

20230316_222501.jpg
20230316_222249.jpg
20230316_222226.jpg
20230316_222201.jpg

Lebanizer

I grew the Ethiopean this winter but didn't bother documenting it. Too busy tasting its great high :ROFLMAO: ! But it was a good grow, little smell in bloom, so a stealthy grow smellwise. I grew them in small pots to contain the strecth (veg 1L, flowering 3L) and to my surprise, they responded well to that. I 've come to like this plant quite a lot, it seems to suit me better than the crazy (but good) Panama. Lovely warm centered and up sativa high. Very pleasant. I'm looking forward to growing (and tasting) it again !

@Keif Cake awesome dude that you did these plants justice, very nice pics. Keep them coming !

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to hear that @Lebanizer :) Your experience sums up very well this Ethiopian: very little smell during the whole grow, producing flowers that deliver a super clear and very well focused cerebral and energetic effect of moderate potency and usually non ceiling too.

She is looking great in early flowering @Keif Cake :D Happy, healthy and with many defined budsites after early flowering stretching. Thanks for keep us updated!

Keif Cake

Veteran
I grew the Ethiopean this winter but didn't bother documenting it. Too busy tasting its great high :ROFLMAO: ! But it was a good grow, little smell in bloom, so a stealthy grow smellwise. I grew them in small pots to contain the strecth (veg 1L, flowering 3L) and to my surprise, they responded well to that. I 've come to like this plant quite a lot, it seems to suit me better than the crazy (but good) Panama. Lovely warm centered and up sativa high. Very pleasant. I'm looking forward to growing (and tasting) it again !

@Keif Cake awesome dude that you did these plants justice, very nice pics. Keep them coming !
Thats awesome to hear!
I was worried they wouldn't grow much, didnt do much in veg really, staying quite small, but i trusted the description saying it would be like that and a lot of stretch in flower, it took a bit to get going but she's going now. Normally id break and bend the top down when they went past the lights, but she is so elegant looking i didnt want to damage her figure.

Glad to hear that @Lebanizer :) Your experience sums up very well this Ethiopian: very little smell during the whole grow, producing flowers that deliver a super clear and very well focused cerebral and energetic effect of moderate potency and usually non ceiling too.

She is looking great in early flowering @Keif Cake :D Happy, healthy and with many defined budsites after early flowering stretching. Thanks for keep us updated!

Thank you, and you're welcome. Yes, very many budsites, looks like it should be a decent harvest when it's all done.

There are actually two females in that pot, one is just a bit smaller, but i want to see the difference in smoke, no point in doing anything but let it finish

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
always better to have more females to have different tastes and better understanding of the strain

Popey

There are actually two females in that pot, one is just a bit smaller, but i want to see the difference in smoke, no point in doing anything but let it finish

What is your photoperode set during flowering? 12/12? After how many weeks after setting a flowering photoperiod, the Ethiopia strain began to bloom?

Keif Cake

Veteran
What is your photoperode set during flowering? 12/12? After how many weeks after setting a flowering photoperiod, the Ethiopia strain began to bloom?

I believe my photoperiod is 11 hours 15 minutes on, its been a while since i looked to know for sure.

I started them the 1st of January, and This is what it looked like on February 9th, it had already shown sex by this point, and was placed in the flower tent around this day.

20230207_204421.jpg

So it appears we are further into flower than i previously thought, but bud development has only been present for a week or two.

Here it is on March 8th about when it really started pushing pistils out after the majority of the stretch had completed

20230308_202041.jpg

Kaskadian

Veteran
It's great to see you back around this room @Kaskadian your Purple Honduras Haze grow was epic!
Hope you are doing well, and all the best with your current Ethiopian grow :wave:

Dubi my friend, it's great to chat with you again! I had to get away for a bit to handle some family/personal business, but I'm back now. I've got a new grow room setup and the space is much larger now. I've got a 4'x8' grow table built with 1200w+ of lighting; this is where the Ethiopians will be going after my current plants finish up. I'm planning on taking cuttings and growing them up through some netting.

More to come when things get exciting. I'll probably start a grow thread here when the time comes if you don't mind @dubi

Cheers mate,
Kas

Breeder: Ace Seeds
Strain: Ethiopian
Sex: Regular Seeds
Medium: 100% Coco Coir
Nutrients: 200ppm 0.4EC
Water: Tap Water
Watering/Feeding: Once Daily
PH: 6.1-6.3 (Fluctuations)
RH: 50-60% (Fluctuations)
Lighting: 430w T5 Fixture
Daytime Temps: 75-80F/23.9-26.6C
Nighttime Temps: 66F/18.8C

IMG_0729.JPG

OZZ_

Veteran
Dubi my friend, it's great to chat with you again! I had to get away for a bit to handle some family/personal business, but I'm back now. I've got a new grow room setup and the space is much larger now. I've got a 4'x8' grow table built with 1200w+ of lighting; this is where the Ethiopians will be going after my current plants finish up. I'm planning on taking cuttings and growing them up through some netting.

More to come when things get exciting. I'll probably start a grow thread here when the time comes if you don't mind @dubi

Cheers mate,
Kas

Breeder: Ace Seeds
Strain: Ethiopian
Sex: Regular Seeds
Medium: 100% Coco Coir
Nutrients: 200ppm 0.4EC
Water: Tap Water
Watering/Feeding: Once Daily
PH: 6.1-6.3 (Fluctuations)
RH: 50-60% (Fluctuations)
Lighting: 430w T5 Fixture
Daytime Temps: 75-80F/23.9-26.6C
Nighttime Temps: 66F/18.8C

View attachment 18822176

This is going to be a good one! Can’t wait to see how they all turn out for ya. Ethiopian is a very interesting strain. I was lucky enough to score a pack of the Ethiopian x Zamaldelica I bet there will be some badass plants in that pack.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Ethiopian is not strong but it is a very nice and pretty unique high. I need to grow some of this again. Crossing it with something stronger makes a lot of sense as long as you don't mess too much with the Ethiopian high.
Sativa lovers should experience this high though. One of the most pleasant highs I've had.

burningfire

Veteran
I had a very small harvest and I tried to keep it for special occasions, I was surprised by the potency, it's definitely energetic and creeps. It's a bit too introspective for me if I want to just chill. It's not great if I am feeling a little stressed but I can appreciate how clear it is

I've had more potent but it's more potent than I thought it was going to be.

here's a bad picture I took before smoking the last of it.

View media item 18708455

I'll have to start a few seeds of the cross I made, I have a clone of this mom but there's no way it'll finish outdoors here, hopefully I find something good in the cross I made.

Latest posts

Latest posts