What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cream Mandarine and Sweet Cheese; F1 Fast Version OUTDOOR

Vesnican

Salut ICmag! :tiphat:

OUT season 2016 is behind me and I want to share with you my experience with another Fast version strain. Last year I achieved very good result with Sweet Skunk FV developed from Early skunk, strain definitely suitable for out growing (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314417).

This year I decided to try Cream Mandarine FV, developed mainly from Diesel strains.

Growing Out at 5O north lat, central Europe, is always bit tricky, so I was really curious how non-auto strain originated from Diesel will perform in my climate where what really matters is fast maturing and mold resistance.

Last edited:

Vesnican

Germinated on 28 April, 4/4 seeds popped.

Planted first in to Jiffy.

At the end of week 1 moved in 3l pots - Biobizz allmix soil - and placed in greenhouse.

During first 2 weeks Biobizz rootjuice applied.

Vesnican

Week 2

Week 3 - 2 best looking seedlings selected to stay home, other 2 given to a friend. (btw. I could not imagine at that moment that this selection really influenced final results)

From Week 4 I started periodically apply Biobizz Grow and Bioheaven.

Week 5 – plants reached 40cm height

Vesnican

Week 6 – plants moved OUT into holes full of organic substrate, rootjuice applied several times to stimulate the roots after replanting

Week 7 - plants got quickly adapted to new environment

Vesnican

Week 10 – plants are growing fast and first big procut needed, leafs and some branches off, main branch topped.

Last edited:

Vesnican

Week 14 – both plants vital and healthy, growing big, touching 2 meters. 2 phenos now can be easily recognized.

After consultancy with Tommy G from Sweet Seeds they were identified as

Caramel pheno (Cream Caramel parent):

Diesel pheno (Ice Cool parent):

Vesnican

In early August both phenos starting to bloom, when Caramel pheno started about 5-7 days earlier.

From 1 Aug Biobizz Bloom and Topmax applied, slowly start to stop apply Grow.

Week 16 (pics taken 14 aug)

Caramel pheno

Diesel pheno

Last edited:

Vesnican

Week 19 – both phenos becoming big plants and perform great flowering.. I started to shape them by bounding main branches to the side.

For Caramel pheno it works great to bring the lower buds to sun.

It looks like fake sea of green ;)

Vesnican

Week 19 Diesel pheno

Here the Bounded plant doesn’t look so nice like C pheno. To be honest I was not expecting that it can go so tall. But for security reasons it needs to be kept below the fence like this.

Last edited:

Vesnican

Week 21 – for both phenos all fertilization stopped. Once flushed with Cannflush, otherwise just pure water.

Caramel pheno looking great:

Vesnican

Week 21 – Diesel pheno chasing C pheno, top nugs are even bigger IMO. Some bud rot started to appear unfortunatelly.

Vesnican

Week 22 - Caramel pheno moving to last stage, fat nugs, resin coming.

Not suffering too much with budrot – grey botrytis, bud some kind of insect infecting fat buds with caterpillars.

Those small bastards live inside the nug, as they shit there, budrot appears and some kind of mites. And to reveal them, you have to really carefully check every single nug. But still acceptable losses..

Zefy

Beautiful plants you have there ;) you could used LST to keep them low...
after 2012 is again caterpillar year, I have also problems with them
also I have tried sweet cheese fv, cut her down couple of days ago... I'm at 46, Central Europe

Vesnican

Beautiful plants you have there ;) you could used LST to keep them low...
after 2012 is again caterpillar year, I have also problems with them
also I have tried sweet cheese fv, cut her down couple of days ago... I'm at 46, Central Europe

Thank you Zefy!

Regarding the caterpillars, I grow for about 6 years on the same spot and I have noticed this kind of caterpillar in previous season for the first time ever spoiling my plants and for current year they are definitely even more bothering.

Regarding LST, that is every year same story haha :biggrin: I think that the new strain I am trying will not go so tall and later on I regret that I haven’t tried a method like that to finally learn it.

I am considering Sweet Cheese FV for next turn. Do you recommend to apply LST on it?

squatty

I was having big problems with caterpillars until I sprayed with bti. They stop eating immediately and die slowly in the plant. The caterpillar shit doesn't seem to rot after foliar spraying with bti and I can find the caterpillars and remove them. Much less rot and damage now.

Zefy

Thank you Zefy!

Regarding the caterpillars, I grow for about 6 years on the same spot and I have noticed this kind of caterpillar in previous season for the first time ever spoiling my plants and for current year they are definitely even more bothering.

Regarding LST, that is every year same story haha :biggrin: I think that the new strain I am trying will not go so tall and later on I regret that I haven’t tried a method like that to finally learn it.

I am considering Sweet Cheese FV for next turn. Do you recommend to apply LST on it?

Yeas, you can use LST on Sweet Cheese FV, it is very vigorous plant, first one germinated and grew very fast, notice that they don't like small pots, transplant them couple of times or use pots big enough...about end product I can't tell you much because is still drying, but buds are compact, very stinky & sticky :D

Latest posts

Latest posts