What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really nice work, ker2noir! :respect:

Great to see they respond so well to your touch outside as well as inside. :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day to all! :wave:

We have had a rainy summer with moderate temps this season. Strong storms affected many plants in field, breaking big stems and making plants fallen down.

Anyway, rains were beneficial for guerrilla gardens. Guerrilla plants grew and grew almost without men intervention.

Here's a 'guerrilla style' Tikal. She's growing in a colder climate in the mountains to test. Place has tons of composted chicken shit, chickens lived there for decades (but not in the past 5 years) leaving a 20 cm layer of composted chicken shit. Chicken shit fertilizer has one of the strongest N levels so plants were not fertilized, only water.

ker2noir

Hi dubi.
Nice pics. I harvest the last tikal 11.11. The spot has been visited by somoene (hunter)the last week without damage but also because of mold starting, i have decide to cut a little bit early (need ten days more).
It's cover with resin, also under the leaves. And the smell is fresh, more like bubblegum with a hint of mint. I really appreciate the taste;
Godd luck
ker2noir

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Tikal line 8

Tikal line 8

Here's a Tikal F2 line 8 female, only 42 days flowering time.

Tikal 8 line has been selected for earliness, sweet dense aromas, high yield, good resin production and best indoor adaptability. Bred by komanche, one of our breeders. :smile:

Last edited:
S

ShoeboxSherman

Dubi, how well will Tikal grow indoors? I think ker2noir some of your are grown indoors (nice plants ker2noir)? Would she require topping or LST to be grown indoors?

I'm at 38 N lat, temperate climate, so I know I could do OK outside with her, but would maybe like to try her indoors as well.

Nice plant.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi, how well will Tikal grow indoors? I think ker2noir some of your are grown indoors (nice plants ker2noir)? Would she require topping or LST to be grown indoors?

I'm at 38 N lat, temperate climate, so I know I could do OK outside with her, but would maybe like to try her indoors as well.

Nice plant.

Good day ShoeboxSherman,

Tikal can be perfectly grown indoors. Her height, feeding requirements, flowering stretching and flowering time would be very similar to our panama strain. Check lastest pages at panama thread to see how they were grown indoors, they finished with big yield and reasonable size for indoor growing, only limiting size pot till first 3 weeks of flowering.

Outdoors at 38N can be grown with great success, it was bred at 37N warm coastal climate.

I hope it helps!

S

ShoeboxSherman

Good day ShoeboxSherman,

Tikal can be perfectly grown indoors. Her height, feeding requirements, flowering stretching and flowering time would be very similar to our panama strain. Check lastest pages at panama thread to see how they were grown indoors, they finished with big yield and reasonable size for indoor growing, only limiting size pot till first 3 weeks of flowering.

Outdoors at 38N can be grown with great success, it was bred at 37N warm coastal climate.

I hope it helps!

Excellent, thank you very much Dubi. I hoped that would be the case. I haven't seen a lot around about Tikal grows, much more on Panama. I'll just have to pick up some Tikal beans and see for myself.

Many thanks to you and the A.C.E. collective for making these great genetics available to us.

Last edited:

Weedninja

I have some early Tikal action going on, so I'll share some pics:
First some beans. Very large and well-developed
picture.php

Some seedling shots. The 2 largest plants are Tikal. The others are Ecuadorian sativas crossed with SSH(CTS X SSH). The Tikals are 2 days younger than the largest of the CTS X SSH. The leaf burn is because I fed them kelp extract and some got some on the leaves.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's it for now. I'll try to update when I can.

Weedninja

Time for an update. First I have a correction. I said in my last post that I thought I burnt them with kelp extract, but that was wrong; they were hungry. They're very vigorous feeders for sativa doms.

They also don't respond well to root-binding, but more on that in a minute. One is a confirmed female :woohoo: and one is a suspected male. The female 1st:

As soon as I saw female preflowers, I repotted and she responded by exploding in growth and immediately alternating phyllotaxy as evidenced by these huge internodes:

And here's the male:

The aroma in veg is like sweet and sour sauce with a hint of mustard seed. My hat is off to komanche for breeding these beasts, although they still haven't passed the most important test.:joint:

My exhaust fan just died a painful death and I'm too broke to buy a new one, so I'm not entirely sure how I'll flower these, but I'll figure something out. I'm a grower.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Time for an update. First I have a correction. I said in my last post that I thought I burnt them with kelp extract, but that was wrong; they were hungry. They're very vigorous feeders for sativa doms.

They also don't respond well to root-binding, but more on that in a minute. One is a confirmed female :woohoo: and one is a suspected male.

The aroma in veg is like sweet and sour sauce with a hint of mustard seed. My hat is off to komanche for breeding these beasts, although they still haven't passed the most important test.:joint:

My exhaust fan just died a painful death and I'm too broke to buy a new one, so I'm not entirely sure how I'll flower these, but I'll figure something out. I'm a grower.

Thanks for the update Weedninja,

They are looking healthy and vigorous, maybe a topping before flowering stretching would be benefitial for them. Hope you enjoy growing them!

BudBo

So the new version of Tikal is (NlHaze x Guatamalan ) x Guatamalan?

Does anyone have any info on what NlHaze was used in the breedin?

Ras Pablo

Veteran
So the new version of Tikal is (NlHaze x Guatamalan ) x Guatamalan?

Does anyone have any info on what NlHaze was used in the breedin?

It's (Kush Haze x Guatemala) x Guatemala, if I'm not wrong. Same time ago, I've sampled some Tikal flowers and wow! impressed me gently, dense flowers of super hazy/fruit smell and the taste remember's me of some fine Jack Herer I've tried, but more dense and tastier.

salud

BudBo

I read that it was Kush Haze but wen i kept readin someone says its first breedin parent was NlHaze

We have pollinated selected Tikal females from the original hybrid ( NLHazes X Guatemala) with our 3 best guatemala males to produce the new Tikal version, it's a backcross to the father line (guatemala sativa), she's still very very vigorous and more uniform than our past Tikal offering.

they probly use the name Kush as many do jus meanin indica or Afghani heritage(northern lights) this is y i was askin because i saw both stated

if its a NLhaze i'd b more interested bcus i've seen alot more stable NlHazes than any Kush haze hybrid so far....like if its a NlHaze from Nevs seedbank in the 80's

I'm guatemalan n i love NlHaze so this hybrid seems to b ment for me haah