What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

Tranquilidade

I will second @Common Sense. Get a vape and play with temperatures; this way, you can enjoy a broader palette of strains. Also, this is a healthier way to consume cannabis than smoking a joint or doing a classic bong. In terms of laughter, it is more related to the social environment. I doubt you will laugh while being and smoking alone. In my case, it's all about the place and non-snob friends. Had a good laugh with close friends this Saturday, and it's a 3-months cure Kali China to blame :)

StickyBandit

I see a few amber trichomes and it has quite a nice aroma. I think I'll chop her soon :)
What do you think @dubi ? Too soon?

KaliChina.JPG
KCClose.JPG
KCPlant.JPG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your Kali China harvest :) @StickyBandit Looks to me like line 22 F5, the browner type of more leathery, meaty, decaying flowers terps rather than the fruity type.

Ravel

Yes, that sounds pretty accurate @dubi , I was trying to work out the aroma , definitely no fruit (y)

Do you know what caused the brown edges to your leaves?

I'm getting the same exact thing on two of my Kalis, the more indica phenos. The more sativa pheno is untouched.

StickyBandit

Do you know what caused the brown edges to your leaves?

I'm getting the same exact thing on two of my Kalis, the more indica phenos. The more sativa pheno is untouched.
I never really found out. I assumed it to be root health due to soil density/water retention and the ability to process the ferts but I'm only guessing. Usually I check the pots after the plant is chopped but I didn't on this one

Ravel

I never really found out. I assumed it to be root health due to soil density/water retention and the ability to process the ferts but I'm only guessing. Usually I check the pots after the plant is chopped but I didn't on this one
Interesting. I'm also growing a wedding cake that looks perfectly happy, and my KC sativa pheno is doing quite well.

Ravel

Does anyone recognize this pheno?

Very sativa, started a light green but in early flower the dark purple color emerged, then just got darker and darker.

Leaves have a tendency to droop. Possibly overwatering?

Attachments

• IMG_6957.JPG
    IMG_6957.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_6946.PNG
    IMG_6946.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 122

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ravel, for best nutrient absorption, Kali China prefers a not always wet soil, so it's very important to respect the dry soil cycle with this strain. Other than that, make sure your ph and ec are in the correct range. If Kali China shows yellowing in early flowering then increase feeding, preferably organic with micro nutrients.

Regarding the pheno you ask for, looks to me a sativa dom type from 21-F5 line. How are her aromas ? Creamy, fruity, hashy and incensey ?

Ravel

Hi Ravel, for best nutrient absorption, Kali China prefers a not always wet soil, so it's very important to respect the dry soil cycle with this strain. Other than that, make sure your ph and ec are in the correct range. If Kali China shows yellowing in early flowering then increase feeding, preferably organic with micro nutrients.

Regarding the pheno you ask for, looks to me a sativa dom type from 21-F5 line. How are her aromas ? Creamy, fruity, hashy and incensey ?
Thanks dubi.

The last time I checked the smell was like a very sharp lemonade though it's very hard to tell with the strong rotting grape smell of the wedding cake. This Kali definitely has the lowest yield of the three plants and a very sativa nature.

The other two are similar to each other. More indica leaning with softer smells. The one on the left has a really nice bar soap incense cream fruity smell. It's also the highest yielding, producing many tops after LST with the widest flowers. Definitely my favorite smelling plant. The leaves are turning a nice deep red color. One interesting thing I noticed was that the leaves were smaller than all my other plants. They just looked disproportionate to the rest of the plant, mainly in flowering.

Ravel

Did anyone notice a very sharp citrus/chemical smell while curing?

I'm just worried that I underdried them and that's the smell of bacteria/fermentation/mold beginning. I dried them for over a week at 60% humidity at 60 degrees with low fan until the smaller buds made a cracking sound.

The thing is the resin of the growing plant had a similar smell when rubbed between the fingers so I'm wondering if that's just the natural smell of the plant?

Cactus Squatter

I'm just worried that I underdried them and that's the smell of bacteria/fermentation/mold beginning. I dried them for over a week at 60% humidity at 60 degrees with low fan until the smaller buds made a cracking sound.

The thing is the resin of the growing plant had a similar smell when rubbed between the fingers so I'm wondering if that's just the natural smell of the plant?
Kali China has some very odd smells that come out of them for sure.
Mold and mildew will smell like mold and mildew distinctly and you should be able to see it when inspecting inside some of the buds.

Ravel

Kali China has some very odd smells that come out of them for sure.
Mold and mildew will smell like mold and mildew distinctly and you should be able to see it when inspecting inside some of the buds.

I've checked all the buds over and they all look perfectly healthy, and they're all quite dry at this point. I put them back in the jars and they still have an INTENSE citrusy almost chemical smell.

I've heard that poorly dried weed has an ammonia smell, my problem is I have no idea what ammonia smells like haha.

I actually had a Dutch Passion "Durban Poison" that smelled a lot like this in the jars so I'm hoping it's just the nature of the plant.

Cactus Squatter

I've checked all the buds over and they all look perfectly healthy, and they're all quite dry at this point. I put them back in the jars and they still have an INTENSE citrusy almost chemical smell.

I've heard that poorly dried weed has an ammonia smell, my problem is I have no idea what ammonia smells like haha.

I actually had a Dutch Passion "Durban Poison" that smelled a lot like this in the jars so I'm hoping it's just the nature of the plant.
Ammonia smells like cat piss and windex.

Tranquilidade

You would not believe how many different smell expressions this plant has in pure form and crosses. Was your pheno on the greener or purple side? From the smell you described I bet she was green. You better stop smelling this plant and start smoking this gem 😀

Consolidated

420giveaway
@Ravel I had a purple K.C. hybrid, which while I thought it smelled of chemicals/naphthalene, it started to mold and because of the color I didn't understand it in time.

Ravel

You would not believe how many different smell expressions this plant has in pure form and crosses. Was your pheno on the greener or purple side? From the smell you described I bet she was green. You better stop smelling this plant and start smoking this gem 😀

The two I jarred up were green, very similar looking phenos, both started getting a little reddish color towards the end. The last one is purple which is for some reason taking an eternity to dry despite having the airiest buds.

I opened up the jars today and the smell has decreased a lot. On one of them the sweetness of the mandarin is starting to come through again, the way it did when I was harvesting it.