What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Between Sun and Moon HPS/LED comparison grow.

Che

Veteran
Great grow Hazy, sorry to hear about the food poisoning and the account troubles. I hope you're feeling well today my friend!

Watching with interest,
-Che

U

ukganjafarmer

wow i dint expect the LED to keep up with the 400w hps but it looks like it is, great job!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Looking very nice Hazy! There more pics the better mate :)

Very interesting to see that the LED isn't that far behind at all... Looks like they are 3 days behind in terms of growth to my eye. What do you think Hazy?

hazy

Veteran
I agree that they look to be a little behind. Shhh is right on about looking 3 days behind. Yeah, the led light is only 205 watts. The 400's out ahead right now. Not surprising, the 400's got twice the power.
I don't keep exact track of the nute solution amounts. The Sour Diesels take 16oz in a two gallon pot. That just gives a little runoff in the LED SD. I put another 4? oz in the HPS side to get runoff. I use the same nute mix in both. I've made one change to the mix. Intead of Mag-Amped for the extra Mg i like to give them, I'm using GH FloraNectar FruitNFusion. 0-0-1. I got it because it has the Mg, and S, which is important to have a little extra I think too, but also some potassium. I think all coco grows should use it. Extra Mg, S and K, just what you need. Something tells me that there's either something in the available light that's incomplete, or there's a nute thing that needs to be adjusted for the kind of light the LED puts out. But, hey I'm just guessing.

Soon as I can, I'll get pics up. I didn't get to the SS pics from the 3-4 update. Got cut off. Gallery's full. Albums full.

Last edited:

Darth Fader

I agree that they look to be a little behind. Shhh is right on about looking 3 days behind. Yeah, the led light is only 205 watts. The 400's out ahead right now. Not surprising, the 400's got twice the power.

But they advertise this light as "comparable to a 600watt".
... I'm using GH FloraNectar FruitNFusion. 0-0-1. I got it because it has the Mg, and S, which is important to have a little extra I think too, but also some potassium. I think all coco grows should use it. Extra Mg, S and K, just what you need. ...

Can you give us your recipe & schedule? Coco-heads gotta know!

Soon as I can, I'll get pics up. I didn't get to the C4 pics from the 3-4 update. Got cut off. Gallery's full. Albums full.

Flickr account

G/L on the grow, we're all tuned in!

hazydays

7.5 ml (3/4 tsp) hardwater micro
15 ml 1 1/2 tsp) bloom
7.5 - 10 ml (3/4 - 1 tsp) flora nectar
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) SM90

Water every day to runoff with nutes.
I suck up most of the runoff with a squeeze bottle so they don't sit in it.

hazydays

well, i made a bunch of posts and am over 50. Went to my album and it says I can upload 33 pics. Tried 4 and failed.

nuggetshiner

Know what burns my ass? Flames bout 3 ft high.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lmao, 33 pics? Whutz up with that!? I just paid the $100 donor thingy and I can post pics
till they're coming out my gazoo. And I got a donor tag aannnd I have the satisfaction
of knowing I get to tease hazy, whoops, I mean help pay the bills around here. All this
account stuff just when you need to get pics up. I wonder if 33 pics is some sort of new
limit? If you haven't deleted your old account it might be easier to donate and go back to
your original account. Just a stoned thought hazy, :) ns
PS I don't see much about donations anymore since the server fund.
Actually I just noticed my tag reads "supporter" and I never got my "donater".
I've done both.
Hope you get it all sorted soon hazy. I'm enjoying the show.

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
Thanks to :tiphat: Skip :bis: for fixing my pic problem.

OK, I'm going to post a few bud shots from the Sugar Shack from back on 3-4 just to finish that update. Then I'm going into the room with my camera and get some new shots tonight.

I've been very busy lately, and have not been online much. Haven't had time to take pics even if I had been able to post them. Got a couple nice side jobs that are bringing some money into the household. Nice to use my tools again. It's got me thinking about making my own job, since I can't find one. Then no worries about pee tests.:dance013:

Day 17 Sugar Shack 3-4
HPS

Day 17 Sugar Shack 3-4
LED

Last edited:

outame 2

hey hazy,been a minute since I have had time to post.me and the wife got cool new jobs,we work for enterprise car rentals.we go pick up cars from other centers,prep new vehicles for the fleet in our local area,and go pick people up to get the cars they rent from our store.wash cars,get gas,take them to get oil changes,new windshields if broken,firestone for new tires and service.we get to drive the newest cars going on the road before anyone else does.Chargers,Mustangs,Jeep Grand Cherokees,$30 $40 thousand dollar cars,and they hand us the keys...(insert evil laugh here)Employee rentals are $10 a day.

To me things are looking pretty equal,but the proof will be the final tally in resin and weight.Got 6 more cooking in per ver,no more hydro for us.Can't remember,did you ever get a ph meter to read your runoff? We're watching....

hazy

Veteran
Day 32 Mar-18

Day 32 Mar-18

Sweet job ~O~. Sounds perfect.

I've been busy tiling a shower with a mud pan and now I'm doing a 500 sq ft patio with 18 x 18 porcelain. Ten bags of thinset to flatten that bitch. Sick of pulling a straight-edge!:faint::snap out of it:
Have trowels will travel. Know anyone who needs some tile work?

Ok first, :smoke out:
Check out this link for a little 2112. To any who don't know, this is essential Rush, open it in a new tab or window and listen to 6+ minutes of the best arrangement in rock and roll. No video, so just listen and go back to browsing the new pics.

Here's Day 32 pics. Both the LED and the 400 are doing good. The plants under the 400 have more full colas and bigger buds. As far as density goes, I squeezed some of each plant's buds and the LED buds seem to be a tad denser feeling even though they are a bit smaller.

Day 32​

Here's both sides. Sorry, I turned off the lights, but the big hps behind me was glaring into the led side while I took this pic.

Sour Diesel HPS on left / LED on right​
hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

These last two are of the Sour Diesel on the LED side.​

Last edited:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Great photos hazy, awesome work with the comparison shots, looks like the hps is just in front for bud thickness and size.
Peace and Respects