What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Members - Please Read This First!

Skip

Veteran
As a new member on icmag.com, you have a limited feature set until your account is upgraded to member. The requirements to become a member may vary from time to time.

Here is the current feature set for members:
http://www.icmag.com/modules/Benefits/

New members can post in most forums and we encourage you to do so, as that is how you become a full member. If you don't contribute to the site you will never get full member access.

New members:
cannot start a Social Group,
cannot send PMs to our members,
cannot give out reputation,
cannot use our chatroom,
cannot add a custom avatar,
have more limitations on the the number and size of images they can post,
and are subject to other minor limitations.

If you want to participate in these features that are blocked to new members, you can become an ICMag supporter and get full access (better than member access) to all icmag features. We will be announcing how to do this very soon...

So please don't create a new thread to complain about not having full member access when you have just signed up as a new member. Thanks!

Last edited:

OldGold

I rejoice at finding this resource. Never occurred to me such could exist, but then I'm from the US and I did 20 days for simple possession (2 frickin grams of weed!) in the Rowan County slammer in the 1970s. I can't find a FAQ for new members (Yes I have read the newbie thread and the benefits page). With past history in mind what is my exposure to the cops if I participate here? I'd love to get up to senior member and I have decades of experience to share but I'm afraid to post.

Emmie

guys do u have a PayPal account for those who want to donate or subscribe? Thanks in advance :) U know it is impossible for me to do an International Money Order!! trust me :(

D.D.

I know this is an old post, but...
I rejoice at finding this resource. Never occurred to me such could exist, but then I'm from the US and I did 20 days for simple possession (2 frickin grams of weed!) in the Rowan County slammer in the 1970s. I can't find a FAQ for new members (Yes I have read the newbie thread and the benefits page). With past history in mind what is my exposure to the cops if I participate here? I'd love to get up to senior member and I have decades of experience to share but I'm afraid to post.

Post up neighbor, post up!

Proxy in to the site if it makes you feel better .. I do.

I feel your concerns tho, with the sheriff's roundup, UNITE, and all the indictments being handed down lately... but what good is a man's knowledge if he can't share it with like minded people?

mwz

Veteran
Thanks for this info, I was curious as to when I could change my avatar.

oldGold - I'd download and install TOR if you're worried. There's information on it in the security forums of this site :D

tbk

Why the 50 post limit for PM and editing etc.?

Why the 50 post limit for PM and editing etc.?

Hello.
I'm having a hard time figuring out what the reason for the post limits are?
In my head these rules are just promoting new ways of circumventing the forum rules about repetitive posting etc... What good will come out of this rule? So many posts contains no info at all, every time i'm reading a thread(and oh boy there is some nice info in here) i have to scroll thorugh 3-4 messages saying stuff like: cool, people agreeing/re-stating what others have already said or other irrelevant stuff, before i get to the next informative post. The post limit just promotes this in my humble opinion.
Even my self is tempted to cut up my longer posts in smaller bits just so i can freaking edit my own spelling mistakes, send a simple PM or get more pic space.
My own philosophy about posting is that i'll try to post only in topics where i have unanswered questions regarding the topic and when i write myself i'll try to make the post as informative as possible. This i'm being punished for through the post limit. Why?
Another person posting as mad without actually contributing any useful knowledge is being awarded with more pic space, the possibility to send PM and editing posts.
In general what is the reason for even having a post count next to your name?

pekelo44

awesomely great info

awesomely great info

there is so much to learn as a newbie to the culture and to this site please pay attention and take in as many notes as possible because sharing means caring here on this site or up close and personal when in doubt search I.C. International Cannagraphic out.

Latest posts

Latest posts