What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Warning - High Odor Strains

whyme2

I have been following the thread on low odor strains. I think just as important is a list of "be careful/check your carbon scrubber/damn what died" strains.

I have grown several different strains. All have been at least relatively low odor, except for Nirvana Aurora Indica. Without a properly set up room, this one is dangerous. I had to cut mine early, because of a poorly designed odor control system. It is the only strain I have had this problem with, even though I haven't changed my odor control set-up. It was great, even cut early, but it is not for someone where smell is an issue.

What other strains do people need to be warned about, if they do not have a 1st class odor control system.

Mr.Jones

from my experience hindu kush, super skunk and shiva skunk are very smelly!

i got some serious problem with them at the moment:nanana:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i remember a certain sour diesel that completely stunk my house out... and it was dried and stored.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
ECSD :D

Vistors to my site at the end of flower all thought something had died in the house :D

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no particular order
Sensi star
white widow
mass. super skunk.
the real big bud from the north west
road kill skunk (anything with at least 50% skunk genetics actually)
cheese
strawberry cough
most kushes. Man the list can go on for a while

O

ocean99

no particular order
Sensi star
white widow
mass. super skunk.
the real big bud from the north west
road kill skunk (anything with at least 50% skunk genetics actually)
cheese
strawberry cough
most kushes. Man the list can go on for a while

You has RKS? :chin:

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Serious Seeds Bubblegum is a smelly one too. Especially the real skunky smelling phenos. Whew......Sour Diesel,ssh(cat piss pheno) Just to name a couple!

KolorBlind

I have to add Diesel Ryder (and probably any Diesel strain) to the list. It stinks twice as much when drying, and my 14" long 6" round carbon scrubber couldnt really kill all the odor even.

I have 3 other strains growing in my large fridge that are all about 3 weeks from harvest, and when I added a 35 day old Diesel Ryder, the smell increased significantly. Before you could not smell anything outside the fridge, now when you walk into the garage it hits you immediately. This is with a very small scrubber with 4 month old carbon though, once I add a can style scrubber it will hopefully change.

KB

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just came across this...

Just came across this...

GDP at 9-10 weeks smells alot...

I have been running Grand Daddy Purple (along with other purple strains) since 2004 and every run it has smelled like Grape Jelly all the way through from Veg. to completion of Flowering.
Well, recently I tried a different cut that was given to this Mendo Boy from a guy in Oakland, well these clones taken from that mother reek. I seriously was thinking about ripping out that entire grow, because it is getting dangerous even with Carbon Filters and great Ventilation.
I think I am going to reverse sex one of my "standard" Mendocino Grand Daddy Purple clones and throw some pollen on 1 or 2 of these stinky things. Maybe it will tame the reek and I think some people could have an interest in those seeds as "FREEBEIES".

I

icon

Cannacopia - Lapis Mnt. Indica
Nirvana - Ice
Nirvana - Big Bud (indica pheno)
??? - some phenos of Blueberry

I have been running Grand Daddy Purple (along with other purple strains) since 2004 and every run it has smelled like Grape Jelly all the way through from Veg. to completion of Flowering.
Well, recently I tried a different cut that was given to this Mendo Boy from a guy in Oakland, well these clones taken from that mother reek. I seriously was thinking about ripping out that entire grow, because it is getting dangerous even with Carbon Filters and great Ventilation.
I think I am going to reverse sex one of my "standard" Mendocino Grand Daddy Purple clones and throw some pollen on 1 or 2 of these stinky things. Maybe it will tame the reek and I think some people could have an interest in those seeds as "FREEBEIES".

Pretty sure that stinky GDP cut is the Kens cut. Carbon filters wont kill the smell. Nerve racking to say the least. The only thing I`ve found to work is sucking through a carbon filter and then blowing that air through an inline ozone genny for at least 20 feet in ducting...

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Powerplant is a stinker, as was Triangle x NL x LeopardKush x PureKush....'

neville´s Haze has its own, very strong odor at the end, but it´s more complex than ^those^ two..

But yeah, I have to say biggest odor control problems I ve had was with my special Powerplant pheno!

Btw ppl... Anyone with odor problems, invents on a high quality Biozone generators, I have couple and they beat my app. 1 M carbon scrubber, but they costly as fuck, they use three different odor destroying systems and btw.. Most mite breeds hate them and leave your room in days after puttin it to work :2cents: