What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2021

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Welcome to my 2021 workshop thread! There are dabs and doobies to be had, so pull up a bucket and enjoy the show! For those of you who followed along last year, I spent the majority of that time re-building my workshop. I went from growing in small cabinets to custom built rooms, and boy was it worth it in the end. See my old thread here for details from design to fist harvest.
picture.php

The main flowering room is 4'x6'7.5' and has 1200W of LED lighting. The LEDs have 360W of 5000K SolStrips, 720W of 2700K SolStrips, and 120W of supplemental LEDs from RapidLED. Each channel of lights can be independently dimmed using my BlueFish LED controller. The flowering room has three 30-gallon no-till beds each of which are moveable and have an attachable trelise.
picture.php

The veg room is is 4'x4'x7.5' and has a rack setup for bonsai mothers, rooted clones, cloning, and a couple of autos. The veg rack has 100W of Bridgelux EB Gen2 strips. Four strips on the bottom rack for bonsai mothers, two strips on the next shelf for rooted clones, and two strips on the next shelf up for cloning. Each of these shelves can be individually dimmed with the BlueFish Mini LED controller. On the ceiling is a 120W LED light, this light has four 3500K SolStrips and a manual dimmer for a couple autoflowers on the top shelf.
picture.php

Let's start this journal here with a couple of Ghost Rose x Cookie Devil (GRCD) from @Mr.Sparkle. I soaked these in tap water two weeks ago, then transplanted them directly into these two gallon fabric pots. They are being run in a fresh batch of Coots mix.
picture.php

I just harvested a seed run of Juanita la Lagrimosa x Lowryder2 (JLO), so I will be shucking seeds for a while now. I did an open pollination in the room and ended up with a whole bunch of seeds. I spent three hours shucking these Zak Haze x JLO seeds. Trim jail has nothing on seed jail, I may have to buy me one of those fancy seed sorting machines.
picture.php

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well, the place is so clean you could start making the vaccine in there! I am here for the new adventures! :lurk:

gsxr97

Veteran
I was thinking the same thing , such a Clean work and grow space. I'm trying to clean up my space , your room is motivating. In for the ride on your 2021 thread

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I transplanted some fresh clones into 10oz paper cups. They will stay there for a couple weeks with low light until they outgrow those lights, then move down a shelf.
picture.php

I trimmed up the Durban Poison plant that was lightly seeded. The plant was wispy and foxtailed a bit. It could have used another couple weeks for both the seeds to ripen and the bud. I also trimmed up the lightly seeded runt, JLO 13. I'll slowly start trimming the rest over the next few days.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I got another couple of heavily JLo plants bucked off and put into paper bags. These are heavily seeded and will just stay in the paper bags until they are bone dry. Seeds are heavy, but one plant was 135 grams and the other one, it was topped, was 95 grams. The runt I trimmed a couple days ago was about 55 grams and the Durban Poison I took early was only 35 grams. I have three more plants to go through, hopefully tonight I'll get to those.
picture.php

I found a small little bird seed recycler on Etsy. The price was low enough, I went ahead and bought it. If it works well for my purposes, it could save me quite a bit of time sorting all these seeds.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Got the last three plants chopped up and in paper bags. Now it's time to get this show going. I transplanted two ICookies clones (left) and four Cherry Tart clones (center and right) into the bed and watered them in with some coconut water. I then set my timers to 12/12, set my Bluefish to "Veg" settings (75% of max), and finally configured the Pulse grow monitor to match my light levels and target VPD.
picture.php

I started sampling the JLO to determine, by bioassay, if there is THC in these buds. I decided to pull out my tiny bong and load a one hitter bowl. The first one I tried, JLO 4 definitely had THC. I will also be doing Beam's test to see which, if any, of these plants also has CBD. My Juanita la Lagrimosa mother was a 1:1 THC to CBD ratio, I would like to stabilize this in the auto form.
picture.php

It's pretty difficult to determine my GPW because I use a dimmer. I did some math to average out the wattage of my lights, and it looks like I used just over 900 kWh for this grow. I vegged for 28 days with an average ~12 kWh / day, I flowered them for 42 days on full power with an average of ~11 kWh / day, and the last 14 days I cut the power to ~8 kWh / day. My max cost for a kWh is $0.12 during peak hours, so the lighting cost is ~$110 for this whole grow. I got the following dry weights for all nine plants for a total of ~740 grams.
  • JLO 3 - 80 g
  • JLO 4 - 135 g
  • JLO 5 - 95 g
  • JLO 8 - 115 g
  • JLO 9 - 185 g
  • Skywalker Kush x JLO - 10 g
  • JLO 13 - 55 g
  • Durban Poison x JLO - 35 g
  • Zak Haze x JLO - 30 g

El Tigre

ReikoX; My Juanita la Lagrimosa mother was a 1:1 THC to CBD ratio said:
Hey ReikoX, cool stuff like usual here. I hope one day I'll have more space!! you did a great job with your grow spot and i envy you my friend :tiphat:
I've just harvested Honey Peach auto from Sweet Seeds that is advertised as 1:1 strain. I did not any analysis, but i like the effect and i believe it's a nice THC/CBD balance. Smell and taste are also delicious: sweet peachy for real, with some fennel and carrot undertone.

gizmo666

pulling up a chair for this
looks like the kinda thread to learn from
got a question tho
coconut water??
thanks

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Coconut water is full of enzymes and growth hormones. I buy coconut water powder from Buildasoil.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Ran the Beam's test on the six female plants. First I decarbed the samples in the oven at 240°F for 40 minutes. I used cupcake tins to keep it nice and tidy.
picture.php

Next, I weighed out 1.5 grams into a paper cup and added 60 ml of denatured alcohol. After setting for about 10 minutes, I added about 1 ml of to the snap top tube with a piece of activated charcoal in it.
picture.php

I then added about 10 drops of reagent (95 ml denatured alcohol to 5 grams of KOH) to the snap top tube and waited about 10 minutes. Samples labeled 3 and 5 turned purple, indicating they had some CBD in them.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Plants are growing quickly, but getting a bit yellow. I am pretty sure it is due to transpiring too much, my humidity has been on the low side, I just can't get it back up with only these small plants. I may be able to increase the humidity by adding some more clover cover crop, via transpiration. Probably should add some vermicompost as well, that fixes everything. I'm also blasting these with light (70%), come to think about it, I started out my last crop with lower light levels (45%).
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts