What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BOILING THE ROOTBALL??????????

krizznapp

Former P.O.W
ICMag Donor
Hey Dj....Its not a stupid question...Ive heard of this over the years but never tried it...But your curiosity in the matter might only be answered by giving it a try:tiphat:

Meraxes

Veteran
ive noticed this guy smokenmirrors jumping down the throat of anybody with a beginner question. you would figure this is an educational site, and the goal is to make more of us, not less. dont sweat guys like this and ask anything, were here to help. i mean he probably wants your lunch money too....

D

DJXXPLATINUM

THANKS MERAXES.......I JUS THINK SOME PEOPLE AREN'T HAPPY AND TRY TO MAKE OTHER PEOPLE AS MISERABLE AS THEY ARE.....HE IS JUS LUCKY HE ISN'T SITTING ACROSS THE PICNIC TABLE FROM ME.....JOINTS WOULD BE FLYIN...........LOL DJ

Chronage

Scholastic Warrior
What happend to the days of just having 20 people yell at you for not using the 'search' function....

Meraxes

Veteran
chronage ha! dj, lets keep the joints smokin as opposed to flying, even i prob shouldnt of saber rattled

shmalphy

Veteran
if its not likely to happen in nature then i doubt the organism has a "defense" mechanism that would result in a "favorable" programmed response
forest fires or volcanoes could cause rivers to heat, signalling the need for seeds to be carried away from danger, causing more resin so they stick to animal fur

just playing devil's advocate here. i won't be boiling any rootballs anytime soon. I would like to see someone give it a whirl, like a muthbusters type deal.

señorsloth

Veteran
i talked to an English dude not long ago, he claimed to be an expert on hash, because that's all they smoke over there i guess. i ended arguing with him for like half an hour that hash was just pressed resin glands or kief from the buds and leaves.

he claimed that kief was only part of the mix, that they have a recipe like meth and they add several other ingredients and cook it into something else chemically before it becomes true hash...there's a lotta dumb stoners out there that believe a lot of dumb stuff, i think a lot of that will clear up once legalization happens and people can get good information.

TonyGreenHand

I've done this before.. before you guys laugh and call me a noob I wanted to test it out, like supermanlives said, you never know.

I did this with the Freezing water technique, however I fed them the water while still in their pots during their dark period before the chop. I didn't notice too much of a difference on the plant that I boiled, except that it was droopy as hell before I chopped it down.. didn't hurt but it didn't really help. Ice water really did something special though, got my buds to give one last burst of resin. I read somewhere that the freezing water simulates a cold snap, which forces resin and calyx production. my buds were just a little shinier, they popped in the bag appeal department. I still do this freezing flush, some plants show better results than others.

vapedg13

Veteran
Hahahaha...I actually did this the first time I grew weed like 25 yrs ago....made a big ass mess and didnt do shit

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
i think "dark periods" before the chop or before switching to 12/12 are also myths

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think "dark periods" before the chop or before switching to 12/12 are also myths

except.... there are actually some observations for this to be based on, the cannabinoids within the Trichomes is degraded daily from the light and uses the "dark period" AKA night time to replenish the Trichome glands with fresh cannabinoid acids, so theoretically giving them a longer night at the end one can coax the last bit of photosynthetic energy into producing as much cannabinoid resin as possible... though it probably would be best to incrementally increase the darkness over the last 2-3 weeks of bloom... instead of 2-5 days of full darkness at the very end, though people swear by it and Ive tried it.

peace,
Infi

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No such thing as a stupid question. We are here to help and learn from ea other. Lets keep the discussion civil

shmalphy

Veteran
I have tried the dark period, and it seemed to swell the buds and glands a lil bit.. I don't do it every time tho...

I would try the ice water flush, sounds like a good idea, I wonder if it would help add purple in the summer....

TonyGreenHand

I have tried the dark period, and it seemed to swell the buds and glands a lil bit.. I don't do it every time tho...

I would try the ice water flush, sounds like a good idea, I wonder if it would help add purple in the summer....

Yeah it does help pack on a little purple, more so if there is already purple forming on your nuggets to begin with, obviously.

Infintismal, thanks for posting that info regarding the replenishing of THC during the dark period, I was unaware that was even happening. Have you (or anyone) tried increasing the dark period before the chop instead of a dark period? I only do the darkness thing for about 2 days, sometimes less sometimes more depending on season but normally by 2 days I can see a noticeable difference in my buds.

Latest posts

Latest posts