What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ancient Aliens & The Event

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Did I miss these threads somewhere?

These shows are totally blowing my mind!

Roswell anybody?

I've seen threads discussing these things before, and they always seem to go away...

...but I really enjoy while they are here.

Post your comments/opinions, pictures, proof, disproof here!

Honkytonk

Is it possible that the wording of that show contains a lot of 'if's and what if a ridiculous amount of 'statements' made in this show are actually questions? Could this mean that this show is pure entertainment? And if so, what should we conclude from that?

:laughing:

I

Iron_Lion

Is it possible that the wording of that show contains a lot of 'if's and what if a ridiculous amount of 'statements' made in this show are actually questions? Could this mean that this show is pure entertainment? And if so, what should we conclude from that?

:laughing:

In one episode author of the book chariot of the gods Erik Von Daniken says something to the nature of "in my book I use 262 question marks, but nobody reads them I am simply saying what if"

So yeah a lot of it could be pure bullshit which is fine because I think much of what we think we know about ancient cultures is based on BS. Its not like you can go back and ask someone from 10,000 years ago you can simply speculate.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Someone once told me that they were going to "come out" with aliens, like they just got here.

But really, they've been here.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
outstanding show! last night's about hitler was very interesting. thought i wouldn't like this episode but its one of the best.....

the name arian of arian nation, comes from what the ancients, called gods who were blue skinned and very tall.....

the head of the nazi propulsion development program is quoted as saying " we got the all the nformation of propulsion from men from another world"...

Swastika Seals from the Indus Valley Civilization (c. 3000–1500 BC). The first one appears to show a Swastika. The motif seems to have first been used in Neolithic India. The symbol has an ancient history in Europe, appearing on artifacts from pre-Christian European cultures. In antiquity, the swastika was used extensively by the Indo-Aryans,Persians, Hittites, Celts and Greeks, among others. In particular, the swastika is a sacred symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Mithraism — religions with over a billion adherents worldwide, making the swastika ubiquitous in both historical and contemporary society. The symbol was introduced to Southeast Asia by Hindu kings and remains an integral part of Balinese Hinduism to this day, and it is a common sight in Indonesia. It also was adopted independently by several Native American cultures. Greek helmet with swastika marks on the top part, 350-325 BC from Taranto, found at Herculanum. Cabinet des Médailles, Paris. In the Western world, the symbol experienced a resurgence following the archaeological work in the late 19th century of Heinrich Schliemann, who discovered the symbol in the site of ancient Troy and associated it with the ancient migrations of Proto-Indo-Europeans.....

statusquo

Ancient aliens...man the history channel actually used to have useful and academic stuff on it. Now it has sold out and become a whore like everyone else. If you want paper upon paper for why alien stories are complete BS, look at some of sagan's papers and many others. There are a plethora of papers explaining why aliens are a myth (not in general; just the ones purported to have visited earth recently or in the past) from every angle.

Edit: in regards to swastikas, Germans are the only people to have used this symbol. Native Americans and other peoples used the same symbol but reversed. Also, if there were aliens during Hitler's time why would we not have proof? We had picture/video/record taking abilities then.

R

rocky5

someone once said- in the past they were known as fairys,demons,spirits
tommorow they will be known as something else"

Honkytonk

In one episode author of the book chariot of the gods Erik Von Daniken says something to the nature of "in my book I use 262 question marks, but nobody reads them I am simply saying what if"

So yeah a lot of it could be pure bullshit which is fine because I think much of what we think we know about ancient cultures is based on BS. Its not like you can go back and ask someone from 10,000 years ago you can simply speculate.

Sure, that's ok with me. Asking questions is a good thing.
But every now and then I'd like to see an answer too.
All that History channel does is take a topic from an 'aliens' book and then interview the guys who wrote the book(s) in an attempt to give it some sort of credibility. There's no effort made to come up with other possible explanations.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
That show fuckin' rocks! It is based on a lot of "what ifs".....life IS a lot of what ifs. Interesting show any way you look at it. I love anything that opens up a new line of thought.

sac beh

Ancient Aliens is along the lines of Graham Hancock, 2012 apocalysm and the like. Its new age spirituality trying to create their histories. I'll admit the shows are entertaining because they explore ancient cultures and sometimes bring up good questions. But when it comes to the conclusions they make, they too often go in the opposite direction of the evidence for the sake of some present day spiritual motive, like with this David Wilcox guy.

Its clear to me that all these mysteries and appearances of aliens in ancient cultures are usually religious symbolism that are interesting enough if we take them for what they are. Trying to fit theories of aliens and real divine beings that existed into them is bad history/archaeology. Its like trying to read the bible literally.

Iraganji

Whether or not you agree with the shows conclusions, there are astonishing things that these ancient cultures knew and did.

Closed minds open few doors.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So all you debunkers already. Have you actually watched the episodes or 5mins worth and then come to your sweeping conclusions?

Were you to study just TWO things of the hundreds raised you would find NO LOGICAL answer besides either space or time travellers.

1. The map of Piri Reis which used to reside in the Baghdad museum.
You can download a high res copy from this link. It clearly shows antarctica and reveals mountains that have lain undiscovered for centuries (at least) under thick ice. Sonar is needed or infa-red orbital technology etc. Both unavailable to a 16th century sea captian...even the pole-shift theory cant quite explain the stunning accuracy of the map

http://www.aliengods.jbsheets.com/the-piri-reis-map

2. The Dogon tribe who have intimate knowledge of the Sirius star system.

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/46944/The_Dogon_Tribe__Africa__amp__The_Sirius_Star_System/

sac beh

So all you debunkers already. Have you actually watched the episodes or 5mins worth and then come to your sweeping conclusions?

Actually watched them, and as I said I find them entertaining.

Were you to study just TWO things of the hundreds raised you would find NO LOGICAL answer besides either space or time travellers.

Well of course that's false. Most of the major mysteries that the show's experts claim to solve by inventing stories of aliens and space travel have been studied and explained at length by researchers in the respective fields. Your statement is only true for people whose only knowledge of these issues comes from TV shows and new age pseudoscience culture. It sounds like you're the only one taking the extreme view that the claims in these shows are logical truths, most people are saying they are interesting thought experiments that could hold truth.

1. The map of Piri Reis which used to reside in the Baghdad museum.
You can download a high res copy from this link. It clearly shows antarctica and reveals mountains that have lain undiscovered for centuries (at least) under thick ice. Sonar is needed or infa-red orbital technology etc. Both unavailable to a 16th century sea captian...even the pole-shift theory cant quite explain the stunning accuracy of the map

http://www.aliengods.jbsheets.com/the-piri-reis-map

http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/PSEUDOSC/PiriRies.HTM

Sorry its not a youtube video or TV show. Its a scholarly article with a detailed investigation of the map and the pseudoscience claims about it.

C

coyoteattack

the show is pretty entertaining and some of the points raised seem pretty valid, but at times my girl and i cant help but burst out laughing when they get going on some pretty silly trains of thought. but i dislike how agonizingly long all these alien documentary shows are. half the show is just recapping what they just said 2 minutes before with the same stupid cutscene, they need to cut yhe shit and stop wastin my time

Perpetual Nooch

Edit: in regards to swastikas, Germany are the only people to have used this symbol. Native Americans and other peoples used the same symbol but reversed. Also, if there were aliens during Hitler's time why would we not have proof? We had picture/video/record taking abilities then.

This is wrong. Both clockwise and counter-clockwise Swastikas have been used for thousands of years.

To all the naysayers... There is an amazing amount of physical evidence and eyewitness testimony to support the existence of extraterrestrials, as well as their visitation throughout the ages. If you haven't taken the time to examine it, then your opinion means nothing. You people are no different than those who cried, "Heretic, burn the witch!" when people spoke of the earth being round, instead of flat. Non-belief, in spite of tremendous evidence to the contrary, is much like religion in many ways.

It amazes me how witness testimony is enough to enact capital punishment, but in the case of U.F.O's, people are laughed at and ridiculed.

It's ironic really, the only issue that has generated as much, or more, propaganda as cannabis, is the U.F.O./alien issue. The reason for the cover-up is the energy issue. We are all enslaved by our need for energy, when alternatives are abundant and free.
Revealing the truth about U.F.O's/aliens and the way these craft operate, would show people how enslaved we've been and that's reason #1 why they (US government) have gone to such great links to keep the information hidden.

Latest posts

Latest posts