What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do you stay within your limits?

scurred

New patient in Michigan, I am allowed 12 plants and 2.5 oz of medicine. No issues only having 12 plants, but only 2.5 oz?? There is no way I am only getting 2.5 oz off of 12 plants, and even if I do a perpetual setup with 4-6 plants vegging and another 4-6 flowering at all times, those 4-6 will still take me over the 2.5 oz limit. So, I am wondering what some of you do to stay within this limit? So far I've thought of doing a perpetual setup, a dedicated veg room and a dedicated flower room - and even taking it even further where I have 4 plants flowering at all times and I harvest 1 plant every 14-16 days. But this idea completely cuts out any type of hydroponic system with a single reservoir for all plants due to different nutrient requirements at different stages of growth. The only type of hydroponic system this would work with that I can think of is one where each plant is on its own individual system such as DWC or handwatered coco.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks! :wave:

mdk ktm

I have been thinking about moving to michigan, but 2.5 zips isn't shit! I vote blow those 12 up huge! The x's are lights and the 0's are plants. I would have 2 rooms constantly running 12/12 and a veg room always vegging 4 plants. I would put them in 20 gallon pots of coco probably. Or if you have the money a rdwc system with a chiller.

x 0 x
0 x 0
x 0 x

If you want to follow the rules, you will have to go perpetual. Maybe 2 plants every other week or something. If you get more than 2.5 from 2 plants you can hook up someone in need for a good price.

scurred

Yeah man, It'd have to be 1 plant every 2 weeks. Especially if done in hydro, with a 2 month veg, 1 plant would yield 2oz or more. Don't get who wrote this law, they were seriously misinformed on the amount you can yield per plant.

mdk ktm

with a 2 month veg I think you should atleast get a qp. When I veg 2-3 weeks I get 2 zips. I think coco would be the way to go. But you could also use individual 5gallon dwc buckets... Is there anyway you can be allowed more bud? There has to be a bunch of people from michigan on here. What kind of grows have you done in the past?

scurred

None, I have only helped slightly with friends who are patients and caregivers.

Most of them have done soil, but recently one has been experimenting with DWC and the results are pretty good so far. We have been discussing coco though, while I do like the idea of coco, I would have to be hand watering on a daily basis. The DWC is also a bit tedious but the only daily maintenance is checking pH of each bucket, and there are some days we do not need to adjust it, and we're working on ways to stabilize it so it doesn't need to be adjusted so often.

I'm allowed to have 15 plants and 24 Oz. It's hard to grow that much weed off 15 plants indoors every two months. I have yet to reach my processed weed limit because I have to stay under 15 plants. I'm going to try training my plants more and vegging longer...you should move to Washington. :D

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
I'm allowed 6 z's, 12 seedlings (< 12"), and 4 mature plants (over 12" or flowering)
My veg room has 2 2' t5's, 180w led and 250 eye blue mh... i'll keep it near capacity, at the moment it has 11 plants...

If all goes well, my flower room will be on in 48 hours... if i work all night perhaps by morning. :whee: it will be a 4 plant 2 - 2½ week perpetual harvest... under a 1k eye blue MH with 180w led... in coco, drain to waste... the first 2 girls are flipping at 2'.. the 3rd at about 18"...after that they flip at 12"..

they'll have all the time they need in the veg area to prune for maximum branching before flipping.... this is my plan, due to the states definition of mature...

de145

New patient in Michigan, I am allowed 12 plants and 2.5 oz of medicine. No issues only having 12 plants, but only 2.5 oz??

Any advice is appreciated, thanks! :wave:

2.5 oz *dried* right? IOW you are allowed to go over as long as they dry to 2.5 oz?

Can't you just scale down and grow on a faster cycle. Use smaller pots to ensure smaller plants (more root bound)?

MrBlue2

Scurred, you could always try growing one of the super dank, yet low yielding strains like Tiny Bomb, Deep Chunk, or some exotic haze. Good Luck!

scurred

Yeah, 2.5 dried. Only way I can think of to do this is 1 plant every 2 weeks :( - Which makes growing a lot more work and confusing. People have to be going over this limit, it's kind of ridiculous. Especially if your a caregiver. Your expected to have medicine readily available for the patients yet your only allowed to have 2.5 on you per patient??

I've already got White Widow, going to pop Lemon Skunk soon. And I want to try Sour Lifesaver. None of them are massive yielders but it will still be hard to only get 2.5 off each one.

MyGreenToe

I'm moving to michigan in a few months to go medical. I plan to obey the plant count, and ignore the weight limits. They aren't sending out the poundage police to monitor harvest amounts, AFAIK. I just plan on being rid of excess product as quickly as possible. Anyways, 2.5 oz isn't enough for even me to feel comfortable with between harveys. I want at least a QP of personal at all times. :)

Choose your battles I guess. It seems safer to ignore the weight limitations than the plant count limits. Don't wanna mess with the feds...

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
You might just have to share or sell the excess to friends, tell them you have a great new hookup. Here in Cali we have collectives, I grow 30 plants ea for my ten patients, but Im allowed 3# each for them too. Theoretically I could have 30# legally at my place! Wacky eh?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
dude fuck limits 2.5 is BS....in cali they struck down the limits as unconstitutional because theres just no argument in court.

even if i had a full LB caught red handed i could still say that i legitimately smoked a LB a month or i used it to make edibles so i needed more, etc. for plant numbers you can say that "half were male and i was gonna kill them" etc etc... theres just too many bullshit arguments you can make up in court that its hard to prosecute. dont know about michigan...but any good defense lawyer can bring those points up and make a case out of it.

2.5 is barely what i even have in my personal stash!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
dude fuck limits 2.5 is BS....in cali they struck down the limits as unconstitutional because theres just no argument in court.

They struck down limits, because 215 is a Voter Initiative, and made no mention of limits-- SB420 was a Senate Bill...and cannot limit the Prop it is Amending--
It had nothing to do with being able to Prosecute...for those States that have Limits written into the Law...they CAN get you for over the Limit-- :tiphat:

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
From what I understand they never check up on you. And even if they did just make sure you have a bag labeled and dated and make sure it doesn't weigh more than 2.5 zips. Hide the rest.

Or if you really want to obey the bull shit laws, then I suggest you either: use less plants or use a couple of the 12 as mother plants from cuttings you would like to keep around.

M

mugenbao

But this idea completely cuts out any type of hydroponic system with a single reservoir for all plants due to different nutrient requirements at different stages of growth
Not necessarily. Check out the Passive Plant Killer thread, where delta9nxs successfully and to very good effect uses Jack's Hydroponic nutrients for plants throughout veg and flower in a perpetual setup.

That's not exactly a regular hydro system, but if nothing else that thread does have some very interesting info about running a perpetual using one nutrient regime, and why that works. It also has a bunch of extremely good info on a number of other topics.

statusquo

The way I understand it, if you don't have a state issued user ID card (which very few have) the sb 420 limits can still be used by police to arrest/detain you. You might/probably can challenge it in court but to have protection against police, you need the state card or it's the sb 420 limits. Even if your county AG specifies otherwise (santa cruz with the canopy, SD with the 24 plants or w.e) these only apply to people registered with the state officially.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
The way I understand it, if you don't have a state issued user ID card (which very few have) the sb 420 limits can still be used by police to arrest/detain you. You might/probably can challenge it in court but to have protection against police, you need the state card or it's the sb 420 limits. Even if your county AG specifies otherwise (santa cruz with the canopy, SD with the 24 plants or w.e) these only apply to people registered with the state officially.

Sorry, I honestly don't want to start shit or anything...but that is totally false-- The limits in SB420 were shot down, no matter what you have--
The County Card System is simply a quickly verifiable way for LEO to check that you are current, and not a bogus Rec-- But Recs are so cheap and easy to get now, I'm sure they don't run into bogus ones very often...especially since the WINDUS decision that your Rec never expires--
Now, if you cannot convince the cop at your house, that what you have is consistent with your needs, they arrest you and let the Courts work it out--