What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cooking Pot With Cannalicious - Thanksgiving Edition

Hi, welcome to Cooking Pot with Cannalicious, and what better timing to start than with the holidays!

In our family, Thanksgiving tradition started with lox and bagels in the morning. Easy, no cooking with a good protein jolt in the morning to get you through until snack time.

This first recipe is for Smoked Salmon Mousse:

Start with 8 oz of smoked salmon (or trout), and 2 oz (4 tablespoons) of softened cannabutter.

I mash softened cannabutter into 1 oz ice cube trays, and then pop them out, put them in a bag and freeze, taking out what i need from the bag the day i'm cooking. This pic was sort of recreated after the fact, and after they were sitting out at room temp:

This what else I used:

4 oz softened goat cheese
half a package of softened cream cheese (4 oz)

A tablespoon more or less depending on your taste of:

Lemon Juice
Parsley
Green onions
Horseradish
Capers

And then, pepper, hot sauce, cayenne, whatever to taste.

Put the butter, salmon, cream cheese and goat cheese into your food process and blend until creamy.

Next squeeze lemon (I make it easy and use a sieve) into processor and add the rest of the stuff:

Pulse a few times, place in a bowl and chill overnight (or at least a few hours to set).

This recipe is so easy, and the savory taste of the parsley, saltiness of the capers and bite of the horseradish lends themselves to be a complimentary fit to cannabutter.

Be careful as most people will not even know there is pot in it, and eat more than they planned!

Spread this on a bagel, and you'll be set until dinner, in more than one way. For me, I think I'll make some crackers.

Serving size: there is approximately 1 Tablespoons butter per half cup of mousse.

Enjoy, and don't forget to lick the spoon!

Last edited:
So, I'm too stoned to post the corn meal/ cheese crackers. I made them after the dip, watched Conan, and decided...it's 11 pm now (don't know how I lost an hour), in Colorado, subfreezing temp...let's take the dog on a walk!

Got back and hour later and sat in front of the tv for 30 mins - I don't know what I watched-, but had to post the pics to let you know that the recipe is coming, but maybe not tomorrow (today?). I might put on my sticks to the slopes to take advantage of our recent dump.

It's cannalicious.

Cheers!

Ok..Cornmeal Cheese Crackers

This is more of a pain in the ass, but mostly because you can't leave the kitchen when they are baking - or forget you are baking even if you are in the kitchen - because you might burn them. You have to remember to concentrate! :smoky: But otherwise, this is about as easy as it gets for a homemade bread product.

What you'll need:

plus seasoning.

In a large bowl mix:

1.75 c. flour
1/2 c. cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon each of baking soda, sugar, salt

Cut in one stick (4 oz. or 8 Tablespoons) of cannabutter with a mixer or two knives (which can take a solid five minutes or more by hand) until you get coarse crumbs:

Add:

2 Tablespoons white vinegar
2/3 c. water
8 oz. shredded cheese. I once used a 15 month old English white cheddar.. Maybe the best cracker I've had, but Asiago, Parmesan and smoked Gouda is gooda.

Mix with a fork until you get a soft dough. Schmush it together, qtr it, wrap it together with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for one hour.

Preheat your oven to:

Ok, now get some flavoring out of your arsenal, and roll out one of the rolls (lightly flouring board, roll, and rolling pin - i actually used a water bottle) as thick or as thin as you want. The dough doesn't rise much in the oven; maybe it gets twice as thick as you roll it at most.

Spice your bread, and schmush the flavor in the dough a bit with your fingers, cut in your favorite shape with a knife, pizza cutter, or favorite cookie cutter.

(Patted dry green onion tops from the ones I used in the dip and cracked black pepper.)

Place on a greased cookie sheet. Cook for I dunno.

First batch as thick as I rolled it here took 15 mins. The second batch I checked at 11 mins and took them out, glad that they were only slightly bitter, and the third batch took 9 and finally only 7 mins for the last batch. Frustrating to me, I wonder if my cookie sheet kept getting hotter, and it might not be a bad idea to preheat the sheet in the oven. I'm just as frustrated with the waffle iron. I definately would expect 20+ mins with thicker chips.

Just watch them and take them out no later than when they look like this. They'll still brown up a bit while they are resting:

(Kosher salt and garlic powder - yum!)

Cool them off preferably on a cookie sheet and do it all again.

The other flavors I used were:

dried oregano and was it basil?
A Cajun spice rub my friend just gave me,
and although I thought that there was no way for garam marsala to go with sharp cheddar, I think they compliment each other very well. Surprised and pleased I was.

That salt and garlic takes the cake for me with the spread.

Enjoy!

Serving Size: One half of each dough roll has 1 ounce of butter. So, if you cut it like a pie, 4 crackers = 1 Tablespoon... I ate about a qtr of each batch as they came out...no wonder I was so baked - +++ the dip, it's all becoming clear now.

Last edited:
Making this post definitely will take longer than the prep time of this next one. And you measure nothing!

Scrumptious Squash:

Any squash except maybe spaghetti squash will do. You can use any or all of the following ingredients:

Mmmm...maybe I'll use maple syrup next time instead of brown sugar...that sounds tasty, but I digress.

Cut squash in half and scoop guts straight into compost/trashcan to save cleaning up. Salt and pepper.

Bake cut side down at 375 until the squash is tender to a fork prick inside. This small acorn squash took about 40 - 45 mins.

Now put a couple of spoon fulls of applesauce and the rest of the stuff. You don't need a lot of sugar to make this sweet. Stir it around; put a pat of cannabutter (I had too many crackers and dip today, so I used regular butter) on top and put it back in the oven for 10 mins.

This was the first time I added nuts. Remember, it's your kitchen, so do it your way.

To make it family style, scoop out and mash up like potatoes. Excellent substitution for sweet potatoes or yams.

Right now, I'm too hungry so I'll eat it straight out of its bowl!

You can always add cinnamon, nutmeg, and I haven't tried pumpkin spice yet, but I bet it is yummy yummy.

Tomorrow I am going :skiiing:and :joint: and :skiiing: and :smoker: Keystone's outback is opening tomorrow, so I'll be away, but hopefully soon I'll put up an easy peasy cranberry recipe and one for the bird!

:ying:

Turkey ala Simon and Garfunkle:

What you'll need:

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme, about a cup fresh herbs total per 4 pounds of turkey (or your average chicken) or 1/4 cup if using dry herbs.
1 Tablespoon cannabutter per pound of bird.
A turkey, chicken or game hen.

Strip away stems and coarsely chop your herbs. I'm a little heavy on the parsley since it's so mild compared to the others.

Save some herbs for on top of your bird.

Put the rest with the butter and blend.

Season outside and inside with salt and pepper and slit some holes in the skin without puncturing the meat. With your fingers stuff the butter paste under the skin.

Close up the holes: this keeps the cannabutter in the birdy.

Ok, just kidding with the stapler, skewers are perfect, or just truss it up with string (also, tuck or tie the legs closed).

Drizzle olive oil on the top, sprinkle a little more of the chopped herbs on top and cook it. I never remember how, so I follow the directions on the bag.

I tent the breast with tin foil to keep the breast moist; this bird is soooo juicy! I remove the foil at the end to brown the top.

No butter is wasted, especially if you make gravy!

By the way......this butter spread is AWESOME with minced garlic and spread on a french loaf, throw it in the oven, and voila, garlic bread!

Safety issue
: Always clean cutting board, knife and hands after handling bird and make sure the juices are clear if you poke the thickest part of the bird to see if it is done.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to write all these up. They look like fantastic recipes and you're are pulling out all the stops.

Latest posts

Latest posts