What's new

4x4 DWC Scrogged

High!

I just wanted to share my tent grow with you guys :wave:

Sunday, Nov 7th will be week 2 in 12/12. Strains are Bubblegum #1 clone from dispensary, Super Skunk from a friend of a friends :)jump:), and also 2 Nirvana Ice. I got a 5 pack feminised and messed up trying to use a heat mat and only ended up with 2. The two look great though, Ice #1 looks straight indica!

Just finished last tie down..... gonna let em go from here on out! I will do another prune here in a few days i'm thinking. Used Ionic grow, calmag, and karma in veg..... using Dutchmaster bloom A&B, liquid karma, silica, and zone for now in flower..... will prolly hit em with a sweetner and some awesome blossoms later on in flower. Im leaving alot out but its 3 am and im delerious.... Enjoy!

Attachments

• 4x4.jpg
    4x4.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 4x4.2.jpg
    4x4.2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 4x4.3.jpg
    4x4.3.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 8

tequila_sunrise

dr120? looks like my last run only twice the size :)

if I have any advice for you it would be to rebuild that screen. I was working in a 2x2 scrog and getting to the back was a BITCH! 4x4 I can only imagine is harder.

I would rebuild the screen so it is in 4 sections that are attached to the bucket themselves. Modular like so you can easily remove one section to move the others around for easier maintenance.

good luck :)

Think Green

Glad to see some scrog posting. Just decided to scrog myself but i'm doing a setup like Tequila said. My screens are independent attached to the individual buckets. Hope you have great success with your grow!
:joint:
TG

@ Tequila- DR120 is correct! I agree the individual screens would be ideal that would be cool as shit! I think its too late for me on this run though since ive already tied down so much :headbange Also, to get to the back I just use the windows on the sides. Definitely tight though!

@ Think Green- I would love to see some pics always like to learn! Thank you for the kind words :)

@ radneo- Thank you for the compliment.... Scroggin is extremely fun.... makes you think about how hardy these plants can be! I'm thinking one more tie down and the net will be pretty full!

I wanted to add that I have been using a 600 watt hps up until now. I plan to put a 1k in there either today or tommorow :)

Here is a pic of my solo scrogged smart pot soil plant since we were talking about individual scrogged plants!

Attachments

• DPscrog.jpg
    DPscrog.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 7

phattybudz

Looking good! I'm doing a first run on a very similar setup with 6 buckets scrogged in a hydrohut.

Definitely a good idea to upgrade to 1k, you would probably also benefit from a hood with a wider footprint; I went from a super sun 2 to a magnum xxxl and it's a world of difference. Individual screens soud nice...

My fantasy is snap-in ebb&flow fittings so you could detach the buckets and pull them out to trim them up/spray before they get too tied down..

C

cheesey

dr120? looks like my last run only twice the size :)

if I have any advice for you it would be to rebuild that screen. I was working in a 2x2 scrog and getting to the back was a BITCH! 4x4 I can only imagine is harder.

I would rebuild the screen so it is in 4 sections that are attached to the bucket themselves. Modular like so you can easily remove one section to move the others around for easier maintenance.

good luck :)

u meen like this ????

E

edgey

i was wondering when you were going to let that out cheesey , congrats m8 :tiphat:

single plants scrogs are great , here's 2 i have going at the moment , around 30 days flower

edgey

ps. i think your tent will fill out very nicely ..subscribed

nice looking grow! i didnt have the dough so I got a generic 4x4 tent. I'm jealous of your tent, looks way nicer than mine. A couple questions:

-In the pictures of your set up, what is the duct coming in at the bottom around the plants? Are you piping in fresh air or a/c?

-I asked that because I was wondering what your temps were. I have an 8'' 735cfm fan pulling through 6'' insulated duct, yield master II hood and carbon filter and I can't run my ballast at 1000W unless my a/c is on... What are your temps like? How do you control them?

I have to runn my ballast at 750 unless I wanna run my a/c 12 hours each night.my power bill was 400$ a month running it at 1K and a/c. EEK!

@Shibby- The piping at the bottom is a 4" can fan intake..... I had a 6" exhaust at first and that was it and it was sucking in on the walls ALOT so i had to put in a intake to help the air flow. :dance013:

My temps never got above 76.... but i just upgraded from 600w too 1k today. Im going to have to exhaust out of the room to the attic now. Two things that help alot are a. Living in Colorado and leaving windows open b. running lights during coldest parts of day (7pm-7am is how I do it)

That is a HUGE fan you are using! How do you have you reducer set up and r u positive all the clamps are tight? Insulated ducting helps ALOT from what I hear.... thats all i will use from now on.

thanks for that. I think the way i have my hose running/clamps are my issue. I too run my setup at night and use cold air from outside to cool my light. too bad in southern california we can get a heat spell anytime of the year lol.

tequila_sunrise

thanks for that. I think the way i have my hose running/clamps are my issue. I too run my setup at night and use cold air from outside to cool my light. too bad in southern california we can get a heat spell anytime of the year lol.

lol so true! aparently next week it is going to get to the 60s so that is something to look forward to.

Think Green

Ello again JH! So I'll be back soon to drop some pics of the new scrog setup ill be using but for now I'll post a few pics that led to my independent scrog bucket decision.

The Wild n Crazy 6
Katsu Bubba, Bdssh, Golden Goat, The White, Bubba Bubble & Casey Jones
picture.php

Bdssh
picture.php

Golden Goat
picture.php

Casey Jones
picture.php

Bubba Kush
picture.php

Roots (hence individual scrog)
picture.php

They are in flush btw...
:joint:
TG

Wow what a root system you've got there! That's some frosty lookin Bubba..... mmmm!!!

Well I put the 1000w in and topped off the buckets with nutes including awesome blossoms and sugar daddy on Sunday (todays wednesday) and they seem to be loving life! Sunday was my last time tying new growth down.

Attachments

• 4x4.1.jpg
    4x4.1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 4x4.2.jpg
    4x4.2.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 10
  • a6e5a27835e9e57380166062e6826fd5
    a6e5a27835e9e57380166062e6826fd5
    1.4 KB · Views: 23

Think Green

Your making me drool her Jh! Lookin freakin awesome. You inspired me to make my environment better for this 1st scrog Im doing.
Pic :joint:

picture.php

TG

edit: Not beginning scrog till these 3 come down...

erwingruber

Hello icmagers ,
You all guys have very good managed screens , i am newb to dwc and scrog but
i hope that i will learn here are some pics of my 400W scrog 2nd week of flowering.

picture.php

picture.php

sneaky101

Very nice....looking forward to the results. Btw, this will be almost the exact setup I will be using in a month or two, once we get into the new house!

Is that an 8" can fan for exhaust? And just a little 6" inline fan for intake? Very nice to hear your temps are solid.

@Erwin- That is some intense branching you've got there! Keep it up!

@ Think Green- Nice! Looks like you've got plenty of room to work with! Might I ask the reasoning for the short piece of ducting hooked up to the intake side of the reflector?

@ sneaky101- I actually use a "little" 6" fan for exhaust (pulling through reflector and scubber) and then a teeny 4" intake :)

Latest posts

Latest posts