What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Enter Your Best Cannabis Macro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

five0addict

my baby buds @ 4days flower
unknown strain from clone.
15903DSCN1617.JPG

15903DSCN1623.JPG

Last edited:

acidfire

Amazing plants everyone!

My camera cant get close enough to take gooey trichome shots so I will enter some seedlings.
Heres my sour bubble.

4095DSC01323.JPG

4095DSC01327.JPG

G

with all this discussion going on, don't forget about minolta: they have some of the highest quality optics in the business.

remember also that variations among optics/image sensors can create a different image quality. my minolta gave me some amazing macro shots, absolutely crisp and clear, while the canon that costs 3x as much produces somewhat soft edges in comparison.

suga: not sure if i read you correctly buddy :confused: i've always used flash/no tripod to take my shots.....?

Last edited:

sugabear_II

Veteran
User Name said:

suga: not sure if i read you correctly buddy :confused: i've always used flash/no tripod to take my shots.....?

in super macro mode where the camera lense is within inches of the bud the flash is not available on the cannon. When you're that close the flash wouldn't really work anyways. That's when the side and top lighting come in. Sunlight is best but daylight floros are nice too - haven't really tried incadescents, yet...

treehuggers

Last edited:

rusto

Beast
sugabear_II said:
I just looked at my camera - it is actually the powershot a410 I thought I had a 430 - the 410 I think came before and is also a good camera and excellent deal. FWIW I'd stick with companies that were camera manufacturers before the digital age like cannon, olympus, kodak, etc as they have the optics background - (stay away from)ones like hp, etc.. - exception being sony which uses ziess lenses.

it's got a great super macro manual mode add a $10 tripod and you're good to go - I paid $119 for mine at circuit city 2 years ago - it's out of production now but you see them on ebay for around $75

edit: jay has a good point setting up your photo space is very important. I like to use cool blue floros - I have a 30 watter in a $5 worklight that plus 60 watts of cool warm in the bathroom fixture gives me a nice even light. When taking macros you can't use the flash so you need to have good light. Also important is background - I'm lazy but sometimes I like to hang black pants behind the plant when taking pictures. A nice dark flat background makes for nicer pictures.

I got the new canon A640, absolutely love it, one of the best all around cameras i have came in contact with. Macro mode is excellent, you can get about as close as 1cm away.10mp too :)

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0608/06082404canona630640.asp

(black one)

G

sugabear_II said:
in super macro mode where the camera lense is within inches of the bud the flash is not available on the cannon. When you're that close the flash wouldn't really work anyways. That's when the side and top lighting come in. Sunlight is best but daylight floros are nice too - haven't really tried incadescents, yet...

ahhh yes :bat: :D

my bad suga, now that i think about it my minolta would do the same.....the reason i don't have that problem now with my canon: the minumum focus distance is something like 8" so i can't get close enough to block the flash.

:sasmokin: peace on earth!

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I've got the Canon A620, I've heard nothing bad about the entire Powershot family, all great cameras. Mine is 7.1mp and I got it for about $200, with a 512mb card included. Amazing capabilites for the price.

Originally Posted by bounty29
I've got the Canon A620, I've heard nothing bad about the entire Powershot family, all great cameras. Mine is 7.1mp and I got it for about $200, with a 512mb card included. Amazing capabilites for the price.

I have the exact same setup as you have. I also love the camera. It can do everything that I need it for.

redrider

Man you got a fantastic deal on that! I paid (in Colombia) $200 for my A430 w/ a 16m card.... But still I'm very happy with it, I have a very good Minolta 2mp but it died and the Canon more then filled its shoes.

G

Wow ...

Wow ...

...2 great shots MaFFe! lots of great shots from everyone.
great idea!!! cant believe i missed it this long.
Cant win if you dont try! see what i can dig up.

i dont know how to add the link...it is in flowering pics Kali@6weeks
these are both Kali Mist. one is dwc indoor, the other outdoor Kali w/ indoor
side by beautiful side. yumyum!
are these even concidered macro?

Last edited:

Stibl

Hi everybody, there are definitly some amazing macros in here.

Here are a couple of macros from this years outdoor (it was my first grow) from some unknown seeds i got from a friend.

kurlyq2g

After looking through his threads and gallery, and not having any good macros of my own to put up, i have decided to nominate DrKatz420.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=41648 Post #10

Chem Dog (?) bagseed, at day 63

6566chmac_12_.JPG

next up we have a picture from DrKatz420's member gallery

http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=6566&cat=500

we will have to see if he can drop by and give us the info on that one, as it is a mighty fine shot.

6566PICT0015cut1.JPG

Great macros everybody, keep em coming. (i was expecting to be at page 12 by now, at least... hehe, i see some of you are waiting till later in the month.... :chin: )

Status
Not open for further replies.