What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mackerel and Dolphins

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And last but not least from water to plate and total fetch home fish was 59 today.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

More to follow tomorrow weather permitting tight lines guys stay safe .

Last edited:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another day about to start, up early today setting off in about half hours time the early bird catches the early worm so they say looking to beat yesterdays tally of take home fish and should do so as the water temperature in this area has risen 2 degrees in the last week so getting there slowly but surely,. Well will hopefully add more photos when i return stay safe all, Time to get ready Well famous last words did not beat yesterdays take home but was still ok todays take home was 25 and returned at least 40.A good few people on today not my cup of tea too many casting cockeyed ha ha but back home as of 7.30 time to relax now photos in no order as tired.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last but not least had a few visitors in the form of these birds resting or just enjoying the sun and scenery Well thats it now for a few days,. Time to tend to the stardawgs getting bigger they are,,..

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well back from todays trip and believe me the going was hard today got there before daylight IE low water fished the tide up till high water and it was hard going today not one person there till about half hour after me then the peeps started showing up i got the best spot as early bird catches the early worm but still hard work today had a couple of birds show up kind of interesting to see them anyhow found a lure but then lost it after 3rd cast some you win some you lose i suppose and it cost me nothing so no worries anyhow heres this trips photos and i only fetched 10 back home and released 5 so not too shabby very little caught today up and down the length maybes tomorrow we shall see.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another day another dollar or in my case another early rising. Cannot sleep so decided on another few hours fishing as wind forecast is westerlys so will flatten the water and hopefully more mackerel for the freezer, as soon, they will be on there route to wherever they go and then, i will have to wait another year so i will make the most out of the next few weeks whilst they are closer to shore and once again will report the catch when arrive back home .

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A nice few hours fishing and not a soul in sight and a few jellyfish floating around today.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
More and todays catch was 17 fetched home a few returned also a whiting returned ..
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And last but not least and this is what made my day and he or she was safely retuned after squirting water at me, Im glad it decided to squirt the ink when it was back in the water but made my early awakening worth while .

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Very cool! I always loved catching stingrays and pufferfish even though they sucked to get off the hook. The awesome thing about fishing saltwater is you never know what you might reel in (or have snap your line.)

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys for looking in maybes the last time out for a while we shall see, Have a few things need sorting out so putting the fishing on the backburner for now, but thoroughly enjoyed the outings. Watch this space it will get better :good::D

Green Squall

I had a great day fishing for striper today, but also caught a few fat mackerel that I decided to keep after being reminded of this thread. Its been a long time since I've cooked it up fresh, so I'm looking forward to it.. I'm thinking wrapped in foil with lemons and whatever fresh herbs I have on hand.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a great day fishing for striper today, but also caught a few fat mackerel that I decided to keep after being reminded of this thread. Its been a long time since I've cooked it up fresh, so I'm looking forward to it.. I'm thinking wrapped in foil with lemons and whatever fresh herbs I have on hand.

Sounds like a good plan Green Squall hope they tasted well too.. i only tasted striper once in a different country and was pleasantly surprised had it barbequed also tasted a grouper and was also suprised at the taste reminded me of a bit like the lobsters from our shores any how hope you catch more and next year i will be pushing the boat out literally so to speak so watch this space plenty more to come :tiphat:;)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Sounds like a good plan Green Squall hope they tasted well too.. i only tasted striper once in a different country and was pleasantly surprised had it barbequed also tasted a grouper and was also suprised at the taste reminded me of a bit like the lobsters from our shores any how hope you catch more and next year i will be pushing the boat out literally so to speak so watch this space plenty more to come :tiphat:;)

stripers are good stuff, but not as good as the grouper i've eaten when vacationing in Florida.:bow:

Latest posts

Latest posts