What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Days of Flowering

DoDad

I see descriptions that say: Flowering time: 56 days and want to make sure I understand.

Does that mean at 12/12 that at approx. 56 days the plants will not produce anymore flower?

When does the 56 days start? Does it start from the time the seed sprouts, or the day I flip to 12/12?

Let's say, I vegged for a month, then flipped, and the plants claims to finish at 56 days, this would make it an 86 day total grow?

I see descriptions that say: Flowering time: 56 days and want to make sure I understand.

Does that mean at 12/12 that at approx. 56 days the plants will not produce anymore flower?
More like the flowers are ripen and done!

When does the 56 days start? Does it start from the time the seed sprouts, or the day I flip to 12/12?
The day you flip it! Or else i dont think they would write FLOWERING TIME

Let's say, I vegged for a month, then flipped, and the plants claims to finish at 56 days, this would make it an 86 day total grow?
That is correct

Good luck!

Last edited:

mahps

Hi DoDad, how can i help you? i don't know the stra!n, the seed bank and set up of ur grow room anyway please note that the seed bank recommend indicative days of growing and bloom, ciao

:smoweed:

D

darkhorse

Flowering time on packets is a rough guide and mostly always set so it seems flowering will be faster to sell seeds better.

If you get a packet go by previous grow reports, check trichomes.

Expect to add on at least a couple of weeks at least to advertised flowering times

D

darkhorse

Some people would start counting flowering from when the light cycle is switched,
others count when they see the flowering begin.

mahps

the trichomes should be about 70% white milk, 20% amber and 10% transparent. you check it (microscope)

amanda88

Its a very very rough guide that depends very much on your style and method of growing, ....even the amount of light you offer her!

mahps

I would know the methods of seed banks' growing. The days on packet guide often don't correspond to the reality! it's only rough guide, i know but which lamps they use to determine the days of bloom and growing?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Some people would start counting flowering from when the light cycle is switched,
others count when they see the flowering begin.

That's what my problem has been. I'm growing a 9-10 week strain (Super Lemon Haze). And it took them a week to show sex.

LostTribe

Premium user
56 would be the average number of days the breeder expects the average plant to grow in. all plants are different when grown from seed.

Most seed grows need an extended veg period to be mature enough to finish in the recommended time and to grow exactly as expected. flowering a non auto strain from seed needs to be vegged for a minimum of 5 weeks but 2 month is better. it can and has been done more quickly but for the max results you have to let the strain mature properly. it takes 3 weeks veg between toppings for the tips to get back to the same hormone levels as before it was topped. hence 3 weeks of veg is needed to begin the flowering process.

harvesting depends on how you treat the plants it depends on whether you are growing them perfect or you burn the shit out of them. All these things will stunt the plants and cause the plants to require more time to finish properly. a 56 day strain is going to run from 7-9 weeks from 12-12.

harvest requires knowing your plants. are the trics getting cloudy and what percent, are the pistils done bulking, is growth slowing down, are leaves and buds turning color, are leaves yellowing and falling....

RonSmooth

Veteran
I let every strain go at least 9 weeks from flip. I've never had one that wasn't better at 9 than it was at 8.

Latest posts

Latest posts