What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

co2 toxicity at 1400 ppm?

Billy104

new to co2 and as soon as i turned the co2 up to 1400ppm my leaves started to get fried and flowers stopped developing. i was 3 weeks into bloom when i turned it on.. started at 800ppm and gradually went up to 1400ppm over a few days. i ran it in veg and was fine. any help would be appreciated \. for now ac and co2 off and back to fresh air. looks like they are slowly bouncing back. I am running go and gorilla glue

Billy104

What is dwc? I am running a tank. don't know what ppm to run. is 1000 ppm ideal? local friends are running 1500 ppm

moses wellfleet

Veteran
If you use the search function you will find many threads explaining that any CO2 above 1000ppm is wasted!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Moses, I ran 800-1000 side by side with a 1500ppm room and yielded better in the 1500 room. I'll look that up though.

With added co2 the plants uptake more nutrients, what is the ppm/ec of your nutrient solution?

Also pics help immensely.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Moses, I ran 800-1000 side by side with a 1500ppm room and yielded better in the 1500 room. I'll look that up though.

With added co2 the plants uptake more nutrients, what is the ppm/ec of your nutrient solution?

That is interesting thanx for the post!!

Billy104

the ppm of nutrient solution tends to be low. At full strength feed it is about 1100. at the time of my problems at about 3 weeks into bloom it would of been lower then that because i wasn't at full strength yet

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Without pictures this isn't going anywhere. Or you do more leg work, CO2 toxicity is very distinct.

Billy104

moses i read your old post about your initial problems with co2. have you started to get consistent healthy runs with your co2. do you think i should bump up my nutes and if so by how much. I run bio bizz, budswell bat guano , calmag, carbo load in ocean forest dirt

moses wellfleet

Veteran
moses i read your old post about your initial problems with co2. have you started to get consistent healthy runs with your co2. do you think i should bump up my nutes and if so by how much. I run bio bizz, budswell bat guano , calmag, carbo load in ocean forest dirt
I cant even remember what the teething problems were about, CO2 is a must, never look back!!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Billy when you switch to CO2 you must make sure you increase all parameters because the plants go into overdrive. Temperature must increase, 29 deg Celsius works for me, thus increased water and nutes are also required as well as higher humidity, if you not already following a VPD chart, Vapor pressure deficit.

Latest posts

Latest posts