What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In need of advice

I am a 25 year old adult with high functioning autism..it is something that affects me daily and ia very complicated..I have been using cannabis to manage anxiety and sensory issues. With it, I have completed my associates degree and am a year from completing my bachelors in biochem. My problem is I live in a state where cannabis is very illegal and access is a nightmare. I've grown in thr past but it is not an option at the momemt. If you have an understaning ASD , then you know that networking is incredibly hard and that is the only way to find an illegal connection. I am out of options and cannabis is the only thing that helps my situation. I've tried SSRIs benzodiazepines and other psychiatric medicines but they do not help even slighty and cause terrible side effects. I cannot afford to move and I fell so stuck.

I feel like everything I have worked for will go down the drain if I return to the intense sensory issues and constant overbearing mind issues.

My name is from my yuouth and doesn't represent cwnnabis for me..just the name I chose years ago.

You just have to ask. I have been there. New state, knew no one. Went to parks and asked guys with backpacks. I guess it depends on what state you are in. Some people will deny you or think you're crazy who cares? Most people aren't going to care, and a lot of people know people who sell. Explain your situation. You will come across as more trustworthy. Good luck man if cannabis works for you then screw big pharma I'm right there with you.

Don't let the propaganda get you down where there's a will there's a way don't ever feel guilty for needing vitamin thc in this sector of an infinite.

when my buddy lived outta state, he said he would just show people his medical card and he said people were cool with it. Just dont act too nervous, dont give them money without product on the spot and maybe ask someone young cuz theyre often more willing to help. GOOD LUCK.

I am from and have lived in Virginia my entire life. The problem isn't lack of people selling, its the extreme lack of quality cannabis that is the major issue. The vast majority of smokers here only smoke sporadically and know almost nothing about cannabis whatsoever. Most get very offended when you have to turn them down.

The majority of marijuana here is sold for 50-60 and eighth 280-320 an ounce however people pay that amount solely becuase of the fact it is seedless..no other consideration seems to register with most people I have met. It always has zero taste or smell other wood or hay and is always immature. True medicinial quality is so hard to come by and its only ever a limted supply available.

I have grown in my past but it is not an option for any forseeable future.

About meeting new people, anyone who knows anything about high fuctioning autism knows its very hard and stressful in contact with new people. I do my best and have made this work for years but it all seems like its falling apart as it becomes increasingly harder to come by.

Virginia is very against cannabis police wise and as most jobs are government or military, most have to stop for work and hide any inkling that they once smoked. This means most people push it so far ouf there minds that it is impossible to rationalize to them that cannabis does have use other then the stereotypical use they see as childish and sometginf you do before you grow up and start your life.

About to meeting new p

I remember the first time I smoked weed in Florida after leaving california... I got a headache and wondered if that was it?

I feel for you man. Where there is a will there is a way.
It's going to be awkward but you gotta focus on making that connect.
There has gotta be somewhere in your locale of Virginia where stoners hang out.
Myself personally I can not live without this medicine. My whole life revolves around it.
I couldn't live anywhere like that again. I hope you figure something out.

Get a friend in a med state to help you out. Get the hell out of Virginia asap.
Someone you may already know has it you just haven't asked. Or an associate of someone you may know. It's not like it's crack.

Thanks for the kind words..I know there's not much anyone can really do but its nice to here feedback and for a place to vent fustrations. Getting out of this state has been my only concern for years and why I am in college working frantically. Only a year left, hopefully I can find a job in the cannabis field. I'm a Biochem major with a minor in Pre-Pharmacy studies. I also completely a one certification in Greenhouse Managment on top of my Associates in Science.

Its just a struggle. I'm so happy for the legal states but its so hard coming to sites like this one and seeing how far its come and I'm still stuck with the constant pressure of making it all work so I can get to that point. I understand not being able to fully function without cannabis and I have spent an insane amount of money trying to keep the access flowing. Buying, to me, is managing risk. I have to spread my money arround as much as possible and hope that one outta four is quality.

Its also sad to say that the highest quality comes from the worst areas here and its still sporadic. What I mean is that you risk being robbed or pulled over just for being in the area and many of the people selling deal mainly much harder substances.

I have yet to see a true stoner community here. I got to well known shows and festivals here with a large "hippy community" but they honestly do not know or care what rwal quality tree is. The will talk up a bud for a week and then it turns out to be super shwag and then look at you confused and offend as to why u think its bad.

You are on the right track for sure and you're almost there!
Tons of science needs to be done on this plant. You know that.
I often wish I stayed in school for biochem but I've been so busy growing!
You will definitely be able to get a job. You will be able to grow your own medicine.
And eventually you can start your own lab or whatever else you want
and you will reflect back on these days in strange nostalgic horror.

You have something to work toward and look forward to.
Soon it will no longer be such an expense or a hassle.
No more ghetto risky situations. No more crime.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What about the dark web? Sites like Silk Road are still out there. I found one called Evolution last year. Sellers are rated by buyers, like with Amazon, so you know who's legit and who's offering a good product. Growing is better, but there's nothing wrong with buying it if you can't grow.

W

wegobigupnorth

Was just about to say look up bitcoins and the underground deep web. You can order anything off the internet these days..literally anything

W

wegobigupnorth

Hard to imagine they aren't all honey pots by now.

LOL dude...no offense but your wrong. The deep web is bigger then ever. Their are no honeypots except for with things like weapons and certain sites have been around for years. The site Evolution just ripped off 17 million dollars from their customers so getting robbed is a much bigger risk then arrested you just need to put research into the vendor. I am surprised how little the deep web is talked about on here it ain't no secret anymore. The new biggest site is agora...there are thousands of people using it daily without getting arrested so no it's not a honeypot. It's been open for years..

https://www.deepdotweb.com is a good site that has tons of information on the deep web

waveguide

Veteran
holy shit don't do that - spacely, grower from the garden's cure site (defunct), ordered some acid. don't know what he got but it wasn't acid, and years afterwards, it still fucks with him.

i don't know what kind of functionality you have, my situ once was similar - i'm just foreign, and would be pegged as academic/upper class sounding. it's hard to buy weed in tucson when you sound like fucking prince charles or some shit (i am long over writing in that mode..)

thankfully i found some very understanding people in a mmj club i met by attending a NORML meeting - you may want to try it, it may be the only way to meet people who actually care.

*edit* i deleted rest of post.. as passionate about compassion as one may be, i believe discussion of member hookups, even only inciting them, is against the better interests of weed sites under prohibition :)

waveguide

Veteran
*edit* same.. deleted post.. as passionate about compassion as one may be, i believe discussion of member hookups, even only inciting them, is against the better interests of weed sites under prohibition :)

Thank you all for the suggestions and advise.

I am very familiar with rhe dark web and tried to go that way and its very much the same for cannabis as it is here. Cannabis reviews on these sites are very subjective and what many consider high quality is in fact nit. I have also lost money during the Sheep marketplace robbery. Most cannabis sellers display pictures that and discriptions that are very different then what u recieve as well.

The darkweb is the absolute greatest thing ever for substances from the netherlands/europe that are lab tested if u know what I mean

Thanks again for the encouraging words everyone. The cannabis community here is great I've been on the cannabis boards since overgrow and the amount of sharing and understanding is mindboggling. Its very helpful to know I'm not in this alone.

Well here I am, its five in the morning and brain just won't stop so I guess ill try to get some it out. The horrible quality of marijuana here is really making my life hell. Here in Virginia it seems unless you in the hospital mental illness does not exist. You are not allowed to he any kind of different or weird. Since no understands mental illness here I cannot even discuss my marijuana use. I was once kicked out of a psychiatrists office for discussing this issue. The same people who told my parents I need to live in a group home. Years later ,with marijuana, I live on my own and go to school full time.

But to quality of marijuana. I deal with a disorder that makes social interactions extremely difficult. I have to plan in advance what I will do in each situation and spend hours after going almost reliving these situations. The reason I bring this up because, as ive been told many times before , its all ahout who you knoknow whwn it comes to marijuana. I somehow have to know everyone where I live to find thr small quanty of high quality marijuana that available. It causes so much stress and loss of money.

The problem is noone cares about quality here. Its all about getting the cheapest packs from CO or CA of outdoor. Quality isn't even a consideration and most consumers here do not evn look at the weed before they buy it. Whenever I say anything about quality, people act shocked and say things like atleast its weed or "it gets me high." Ofcourse it does when most people here exclusively drink or use hard drugs. Portsmouth Va is considered one of the more dangerous cities in my state and having to interact with criminals ti get meds is killing me. It is literally a thing here to take a small quanity f high quality dank and cut it with low quality shit. That's right we have cut marijuana here in virginia.

And to anyone saying I just need to meet new people. I have tried for ten years to meet everyone I can in this state. There is not a community of smokers here like in Cali or CO. NOONE CARES even the hippy stoners at concerts. They care about taking excessive doeses of drugs while drinking as many eight dollar beers as humanly possible

This whole thing is making me so depressed. I have fought so hard for years and come a long way, however I feel like it's all falling apart. Quality cannabis helps me so much but it can't help if all if it's immature buds that give zero effect it's all pointless. I do not know how much longer I can take this. I'm poor and work everyday in the hopes of some relief but I don't know if I can keep fighting anymore