What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cookies and cream advice

thebakedroo

Just wondering if any one has grown cookies and cream? I've read it can be a fussy plant and likes to throw bananas.

Any advice on it's feed? I hear she likes it mild.

Would love to do a grow log too, thanks all.

thebakedroo

So far so good, they are a bit heat sensitive but we've dealt with that.
Any information on phenotypes? I've got all sorts of leaf patterns from a very slow growing sativa leaf type to rounded indica phenos and all inbetween.

B

Bird~friend

Nah did'nt. Post , so lucky I copied eyh (-;:

USA .uessay Dave. U.S eya. The way us eyh.
Better post and quick. Be gone otherwise...

Wrong forum eyh ! &$3#. O shock horror!
Cookies n cream mmm.
Cream liCuer . "See". :yes:
N soz chapps

thebakedroo

Just giving some small updates as I go, I'll get around to pictures in flower.
So out of 11 seeds I've got 7 females, 3 males and a little runt which is still a long way from sex, very impressed with that ratio.

I've got everything from spindly hybrid looking plants that lack branching to others that are more stout and wide bushes, the rest fall in between those.

One male has me excited, it looks like a pure 100% sativa in every sense, compared to the other plants you would think it's come from another strain, it's also the stinkiest and best smelling on the stem rub and the stems are covered in hairs (no other C&C has this), it was also the last to show sex by a good week.

I'm wondering if being an F2 this male could be a throw back to the durban poison from girl scout cookies, I've looked at pictures of DP and it has the same pattern/look as this male.

I usually only make seed stock for outdoors and aim for sativa or sativa dominant, I think I'll give this male a shot!

thebakedroo

So I've been holding back on an update due to complete disbelief, all I can say is fuck this breeder and anything he produces, I'm not even going to contact him on this issue as any replacements would go in the bin, I put all the other information I read online down to poor growing conditions or skill.

So out of all my females, all were 100% hermies except for 1, they started throwing true male balls around week 3 along with obvious bud production.

I have a few other strains going and only the cookies and cream has shown such signs, I even made sure they were the furthest away from the lights and the feed wasn't strong, they looked extremely healthy with not even the start of tip burn, no curling or any issues what so ever, just very healthy looking plants.

The room is kept around 22-23c with good airflow over the canopy, the plants directly under the lights read around 25c on the canopy and I had cookies and cream on the edge, lack of light wasn't an issue either.

As for light leaks it's down in a basement which has a room built within a room, the room is 100% dark during lights off, no appliance lights or any such things.

To put it simple this is a very dialled room and I have never in my life had a strain act this way, I've seen some late bananas on OG crosses and the likes but never true hermies at week 3 on every plant.

I've grown 100s of strains in this room and I typically pop whole packs, this issue is a first of it's kind

Avoid this cross, I can't speak for anything else from the breeder but any one who sells such a garbage strain goes on my black list, it's a shame..I really liked the look of his work.

I'll still give an honest review on the one left, if it turns out to be some holly grail for me I might regain some respect towards exotic, but my optimism has run out now.

thebakedroo

So with all the ups and downs I'll add this, the current one I have going has shown no balls or issues and is the best plant in the room, frost on frost and a complex sweet vanilla smell, I get a cookie/kush smell behind it.

If this plant continues on the way it's going, I won't feel too bad about the weak intersex traits found in the others, I did this seeking a vanilla/cookies plant and it looks like I may have got lucky.

Robney

So with all the ups and downs I'll add this, the current one I have going has shown no balls or issues and is the best plant in the room, frost on frost and a complex sweet vanilla smell, I get a cookie/kush smell behind it.

If this plant continues on the way it's going, I won't feel too bad about the weak intersex traits found in the others, I did this seeking a vanilla/cookies plant and it looks like I may have got lucky.

I think it's just one of those lines, you have to wade through hermie bs to catch that gold pheno. I would love a vanilla cookies pheno!

I have a pheno of their grease monkey and it is def some fire. But I didn't select it, so I can't speak to how popping the seeds went.