What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to treat light stress?

DoDad

I gave my vegging plants TOO much LED light.

Other than raising the lights is there anything I can do to help with the recovery?

picalin

Hi!
vitamins and amino acids with water - necessarily. (especially niacin B3)
Almost every fertilizer manufacturer has a means to minimize stress.
The main thing to remember is that light stress is the same mechanical stress, and actions should be similar.
But of course, not everyone will agree with me, it happens.
Peace to you and your plants!

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
The very best thing is obviously to move the light and possibly get a PAR meter because this is too easy to do with LEDs. I used to use the old back of the hand test with HID but it doesnt work with LEDs..

Yucca extract and fulvics. Picalins on the money B vits etc have been shown to help with various stresses.. B vits are produced by bacteria and EWCs and brews made with EWCs are notoriously good for stress of all kinds. glomulin and other complex polysaccharides found in EWC and brews are always good as well.

Soil is normally super high in silicone as it makes up about 45% of the earths crust. Silicone is involved in light allocation within the chloroplast. You can foliar with pot-sil..

https://pubag.nal.usda.gov/catalog/5334584

I suspect the extra silicone might also be in part why ganja plants outside can handle such intense light levels.

Last edited:

DoDad

I'm running GH Maxigrow in perlite/vermiculite hempy buckets.

Is there a specific product you would recommend?

picalin

Maxigrow is a basic fertilizer. Look at the composition, maybe there are vitamins.

I use microfertilizer with vitamins complex.

You need fertilizer for protect plants or something like that, and you can buy some vitamins.

Last edited:

picalin

....as you can do nothing, except for increasing the distance to the lamp, the plants will require more time to recover, but also restored.
Peace!

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
You're outside my realm really and i avoid ganja grow products as i grow in organic soil. But I can point you to lots of research showing potassium silicate (potsil) when sprayed on leaves reduces biotic and abiotic stress.

You could mix a liquid yucca product, humic/fulvic and potsil and foliar.. im in the uk and use a random company for my yucca and fulvic/humics. These are also shown in research to help with various mechanisms of plant stress reduction.

Some might say give your plant an aspirin for the salicylic acid as well lol,, again involved in biotic stress signalling and oxidative protection. Ive never done this tbh but like the science.

jrelax

I found two very good nutrients that reduce all stress with heat

Plant Magic Plus - Bio Silicone
Strengthens plant cell walls which strengthens leaves and stems to:

• Prevent stems from snapping under heavy yields

• Reduce leaf droop so light reaches all leaves and fruit

Protect against heat, cold, drought and intense light

• Reduce pest attack - the harder cell walls are more resistant to attack from pests and fungi

-
-
BioBizz- Alga Mic
WHAT IS ALG·A·MIC?

Alg-A-Mic can be used during all stages of growth as an organic stress reliever and to boost the absorption of chlorophyll. It works great at reducing the impact on your plants from common stress factors such as overfeeding, nutrient deficiencies, pests and diseases, and fluctuations in temperature and humidity.

ALSO important have good Root fertilizer, this helps LOTS also

I have try about 10 different

Best organic i found for me is Plant Magic Organic root fertilizer

And the synthetic HESI got one really good root fertilizer.

Today i grow organic only, because i use this daily , to medicate

If you do it organic? =
Then Please try Oldtimers Organic Root fertilizer and also Bio Silicone.
Also the BioBizz Alg-A-Mic is nice.
They all work together fine

I totally love them, it makes big changes for my grow now.
My plants look awsome today, they grow very well, no issues at all.

My roots are now pure white shining and mega healthy-
i also have Mycchorzia. This is also very helpfull

edit
Now i see you use that Synthetic stuff. GH powder.

Try seek if there is LED dimmer, that works buy, and handles the wattage you got.
Try found one and try . so you can have less light in beginning, and then push it more and more with the light after they grow bigger and bigger
Or
buy cheap led that is not so powerfull to veg with in the beginning , then change to stronger when plants has etablished more

I Think the last tip is best, buy a led that is adjustable from fabric and weaker, they are cheap, you save in this by lover electric use in couple grows. it will be free in the end, and your plants gets healthy.
You dont need expert strong leds in first weeks all

Last edited:

DoDad

I bought a Lux meter and have the lights turned down but the damage is done.

Should I take them out of the tent for a couple of days and let them rest and let the leaves uncurl?