What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

French Yellow Vests Get Fuel Hike Cancelled

Mick

Veteran
the ultimate cause?
it's 7.7 billion humans on a planet that can't support them in the style they've become used to
the fix? would be pleasant to think we can out clever all the troubles that are building
but i fear things are going to end in the only way that they can, dramatic population adjustment

Any solutions? Mine is to start eating each other. We taste something like a pork/chicken cross so shouldn't be such a hard sell. Start with the low hanging fruit, like Trump supporters, and work ya way down.

igrowone

Veteran
Any solutions? Mine is to start eating each other. We taste something like a pork/chicken cross so shouldn't be such a hard sell. Start with the low hanging fruit, like Trump supporters, and work ya way down.

back in the day, and that would be waaay back
this was probably what happened
too many hunter gatherers in one spot? they settled it the old fashioned way
either you migrated or you shot it out
and some grizzly finds in the ancient past shows a certain lack of squeamishness for some things

St. Phatty

So then Sweet & Sour recipes might work well.

Tandoori Grandma vs. Tandoori Chicken.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

i think we should start at both ends : give IQ tests, then kill & feed the stupid as dog food(they are fat & unhealthy on average) while simultaneously killing off the ultra-rich that secretly dominate politics. i don't know about actually EATING them, but there are a few i might nibble on...:biggrin:

Klompen

Yes. Think how easy it would be to put the housing for homeless problem on its ear simply by letting them occupy abandoned shopping centers

As a representative of the homeless population I can say that for some people this would work but unless there's more of a plan to it than that, it likely would just create a very dangerous environment. Many homeless people are troubled by untreated mental illness, PTSD, and other issues that truly need attention. There are many others though that are perfectly adjusted people just going through tough times. I wholeheartedly support your idea as long as its implemented in a smart manner. There's also more foreclosed houses in America than they are homeless people. How's that for artificial scarcity?

Mick

Veteran
As a representative of the homeless population I can say that for some people this would work but unless there's more of a plan to it than that, it likely would just create a very dangerous environment. Many homeless people are troubled by untreated mental illness, PTSD, and other issues that truly need attention. There are many others though that are perfectly adjusted people just going through tough times. I wholeheartedly support your idea as long as its implemented in a smart manner. There's also more foreclosed houses in America than they are homeless people. How's that for artificial scarcity?

Here's how the Japanese deal with the problem. Due to shrinking population, Japan has many empty homes which are being given away for free or very cheaply.
https://www.sciencealert.com/millions-of-japanese-homes-are-being-given-away-for-free

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
back in the day, and that would be waaay back
this was probably what happened
too many hunter gatherers in one spot? they settled it the old fashioned way
either you migrated or you shot it out
and some grizzly finds in the ancient past shows a certain lack of squeamishness for some things

G `day iG

Waaaay more killed in 20th century .
Better weapons , greater control .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well despite the recent terror attack, the Yellow vests still came out for a 5th Saturday in a row to continue making their voices heard.

also found this video from the 2nd of December, it seems to be from some of the more radical protesters,
who ever was taking the footage managed to be in the thick of the shit storm over and over....probably antifa or anarchists. :D

[YOUTUBEIF]euYtLs2LthQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

the real story imo, is what didnt get reported much about these protests, the hundreds of smaller, peaceful protests, spread up and down France, outside the big cities, where highways were blocked off peacefully.

thats the real and the bigger story imo. the example they showed, is that a relatively small group can have a giant effect with coordinated blocking off the main transportation routes.

this is why Macron buckled, the violence in the cities is not that new, but the mass, peaceful closing down of highways is a powerful method of protest and surely put the fear of god in all the EU leaders hearts. specially the un elected eurocrats.

notice how the msm presstitutes hardly put any reporting focus on those blockading actions and made the whole thing about the big marches in the cities.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gaius
These people are so pissed off with the elitist President who seems to revel in putting his own people down with a stunning arrogance and total disregard for the working classes,,,
His quite open hatred of England and all the offers made to our workers etc has made me relish his fall,,,
Karma's a bitch little Manu, lol, s2

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Giaus

A cpl of things I wonder about .

Why the fck would you park your car within the city limits when you know what can happen to it ?

How much more le Porscher weighs compared to a Japanese brand car .
Need twice as many gilles jean to flip a porsche lol .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah i was feeling sorry for the owners of those cars, some of them were clearly used as barricades, but some were just destroyed and set a light in sheer anger. i really felt sorry for that lady who was parked right next to the burning car, she then had to smile and let her self be helped save her car, by the same buggers who probably just set fire to the one next to hers. you could see she was about to break down in tears and that was with the guys being "nice". i guess some of those owners weren't expecting their cars to be targeted.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
we can regain our freedom from the giant multinational corporations, but only if people unite and force the break up of monopolistic corporations and corporations that don't have a decent and ethical code of conduct in pursuit of endless profits.

if a corporation want to do business in a country, selling things there or making things there, they have to be forced to do it in an ethical way, specially a company that operates in many countries.

corporations should need to be licensed to even operate, and part of their reason to be, should be to provide well paying jobs to those they employ. they are not allowed to pollute indiscriminately and use slave labor like working conditions.

if countries start making rules like that, the companies will have to play along, or they won't be doing business in that country, once 1 country does it, others will follow and before you know it those tyranical giant corporations will be broken up and forced to act in the interest of the population of the country they are operating in, instead of acting only in the interests of their share holders.

corporations should never have been allowed to get out of hand like this, they should never have given them person hood. corporations should only be allowed, with a limited charter, to achieve some common good which benefits the whole society, not some filthy rich bankers getting even richer.

Macron instead of standing up for the French, is trying to beg the corporations for some crumbs by doing everything they want, it's pathetic. but people are waking up to the reality.

That's a well put post. I could have agreed to that, if i still was 16 years old and politically naive...we both know it doesn't work like that (not saying it shouldn't), as when corruption isn't enough comes various leverage, could be blackmail or insider (or class) sedition, artificial economic crisis, up to straight murder...ask Salvator Allende or Gaddafi what they think about it...may add JFK to that list among few others...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It always seems to end and begin with the guys who print and control - money.

That's where the real power lies - since just about everything is corruptible - even ethics.

If you can buy a military coup - or a battle - or even a war - on the interest you made from financing a loan on the weapons needed - then you ain't playing tin-soldiers - you are playing for real - and this sort of stuff has been going on forever - and looks to even be snow-balling as the armaments manufacturers make even greater profits for their shareholders.

Elmer Bud

Veteran

That's where the real power lies - since just about everything is corruptible - even ethics.

If you can buy a military coup - or a battle - or even a war - on the interest you made from financing a loan on the weapons needed - then you ain't playing tin-soldiers - you are playing for real - and this sort of stuff has been going on forever - and looks to even be snow-balling as the armaments manufacturers make even greater profits for their shareholders.

G `day Gypsie

That`s why I had some unkind things to say re John Mc Cain American hero .

Guy was a war monger , arms dealer , coup instigator and representative of the military industrial complex . Responsible for many , many deaths .
But other than an all around good guy .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran

That reminds me this famous Napoleon's quote:
“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Klompen

Works out even better for corporate psychopaths when they can fund and arm both sides of the war.

Does anyone want to guess who Hitler kept a picture of above his desk?

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ among others peeps from wall street that backed him, just as they backed bolcheviks in Russia

Anthony Sutton books were a real eyes opener back then when i read them. If you're not familiar with the guy works, i urge you to look for it, it's worthwile.

Back to the subject, cops call for a national strike (for them), things might get interesting...

EvergreenState

In politics stupidity is not a handicap. Napoleon Bonaparte

The French complain of everything, and always. Napoleon Bonaparte

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh, you like Napoleon's quotes? Here are a fews:
“History is a set of lies agreed upon.”
“A leader is a dealer in hope.”
“Men are Moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.”
“The reason most people fail instead of succeed is they trade what they want most for what they want at the moment.”
“The world suffers a lot. Not because the violence of bad people. But because of the silence of the good people.”
“Men are more easily governed through their vices than through their virtues.”
“The surest way to remain poor is to be honest.”

:tiphat: