What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HARVEST QUESTIONS?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I put in a bunch of different search parameters in amazon.uk and ebay.uk trying to find something suitable but honestly most use shitty plastic lids, or are more expensive for less storage space it seems. C vaults were coming up with free shipping, other than jars i dont really have another alternative.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/CVault-Humidity-Airtight-Container-FreshStor/dp/B00H1F20AU
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CVault-Storage-Curing-Container-Stainless-Steel-/222727818208
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CVault-Storage-Curing-Container-Stainless-Steel-/222727818208
https://picclick.co.uk/CVault-Storage-Curing-Containers-All-Sizes-173333329911.html

I think your search engine is getting into your stash :wink:

Hashishh

i hear ya, but how much quality is needed to store weed? as long as it's food graded and air tight it should do the trick no?

I would opt for something like 304 stainless at the very least. Over time the moisture will cause the steel to oxidize/rust. There's a reason it's required in places that process stuff like food and drink.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

hes trying to find other products of equal quality, not weed specific.

those places won't ship to me in Switzerland

seems the last one does, cool.

now if only they made them in box shape instead of round they would be perfect.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I just updated the drying and curing thread in my signature just now with some screenshots out of a book i found that explains the plastics thing well.

mexweed

Veteran
most tupperware plastics such as PP or HDPE should be robust to any mild solvent effect terpenes from drying bud would potentially have on it, PP and HDPE are robust to pure orange oil

C vaults are awesome but expensive. I started with glass jars from Canadian tire that hold about a 1/4 lb comfortably. They work great and are cheap if you cant afford the c vaults.
A few more benefits of the c vaults are that the bovada packs stay in the lid, so they're not sitting directly on the buds. They also don't allow light in like the glass jars, which is better for curing. And they have a nice big opening to get your hands right in there, especially helpful when curing ro release moisture as needed.
Just my 2 cents

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well it's been fun, the company sent me the info for their Dutch branch and they sent a url to a shop which after going through the whole order process tells me no delivery to Switzerland, lmao. so i went back to ebay and searched seller after seller, till finally some Brit was ok sending it here. he only had 2 of the 2lt versions in stock, but i guess thats fine for a start and to keep them lemony orangy terp strains in for now. but i do think it's time not to be cheap about this aspect. after all the time and effort that goes into production, why the fuck wouldn't you use optimal storage equipment. i'm even considering a chest freezer. that will keep things as fresh as the day you put them in.

even though glass is a good material, mostly it lets light in and thats another no no for the best storage. maybe i should tell my grow shop to look into stocking them.

smilley

Veteran
I've been curing my weed in large ziplock freezer bags for years. Never had an issue with taste or potency degradation. For longterm storage they go into tupperware in the freezer after 6 to 8 weeks curing.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
*SNIP
but i do think it's time not to be cheap about this aspect. after all the time and effort that goes into production, why the fuck wouldn't you use optimal storage equipment.
+1

even though glass is a good material, mostly it lets light in and thats another no no for the best storage. maybe i should tell my grow shop to look into stocking them.
get a spray can of flat black paint and paint the outside of the jars. Problem solved :) I use mason jars kept in a filing cabinet (dark)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
+1

get a spray can of flat black paint and paint the outside of the jars. Problem solved :) I use mason jars kept in a filing cabinet (dark)

true, but i still have trouble getting my hand inside the mason jars, if i have a hand full of buds i can't remove my hand anymore, so i totally went off glass jars, but good call about blacking them out, also store them in a dark space so they only get exposed to light when they are taken out to use.

mexweed

Veteran
I would much rather have some light get through the jars than have my buds within 20ft of a can of spray paint or risk them coming into contact with tape adhesive, I don't think some natural light being dimmed by some blinds or a 5w lamp bulb in the room is going to ruin anything

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I would much rather have some light get through the jars than have my buds within 20ft of a can of spray paint or risk them coming into contact with tape adhesive, I don't think some natural light being dimmed by some blinds or a 5w lamp bulb in the room is going to ruin anything
... not our fault if you're clumsy!

Latest posts

Latest posts