What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Look at these white nice roots. Video Soilmix transplant

jrelax

I really enjoy see these roots.
This guy knows how to grow ..

He has only coco at bottom in his organic dirt/soil mix.
I will try this myself when i transplant to bigger pots next time.
Only coco at bottom, then dirt/soil supermix , and maybe leca at top?
There is some special leca made for hydro, they got right ph, and they are washed too, these are maybe better than random noname leca?
The stones he use on top in video i never seen , where can i found them?
Leca-stones is easy to find, maybe just as good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrJlvO4ZuIY

This video is really worth watch.
I have never seen so nice rootsystem in organic soil.

i cant grow that big plants yet, because i need test different strains
so i go half the size of pots in the video until i found my favorites.
Then i will go big just like in the video when i find strains that work best for me.

This is amazing rootsystem he got. Please watch and comment.

The stones he use on top, i dont understund, what stones is that?
Maybe Leca is better? more lightweight?

Many has say make like this, super soil, and use just little fertilizers, i believe thats true.

The new thing i found in this video is only coco at botton, and stones on top and that extreme garden product.
The extreme garden thing is expensive, is it really worth it?
Is there anything else like it, maybe same stuff but less money brand?

73.jpg

The coco at bottom really is full of pure white roots.

I will use smartpots my self, thats even better for the roots i think ?

link to the video again. pleace watch :woohoo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrJlvO4ZuIY

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You've already posted a diagram of this and we've already told you our opinion on that, at least from an organic soil stand point. His roots are dense at the bottom because of the oxygen availability near the holes. Coir allows for a high oxygen level in the soil. The rocks on top, seems pointless, except perhaps to have a very high drainage layer that could stay more dry, helping prevent fungus gnats and other such insects that lay eggs in the tops of moist soils.

Otherwise, his roots would look like that through out the entire container, IF the soil mix was right to begin with and allowed for the proper amounts of oxygen into the root zone. Don't over water. Keep the soil mix light and airy. Provide plenty of Ca and P and roots will grow big and white.

It has nothing to do with the layering. The layering is really not necessary in a properly managed soil.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Some of the beautiful root pictures at ICMag etc make me wonder if people ever eat the roots.

I know it has to be washed of media, which is practically impossible, so the only way to get media free roots is when they're in the reservoir with the bubblers and the roots just grow into the oxygenated water space.

Those pics look like you could just bring a breadknife. Those white roots don't look tough. They look like they ought to be in a salad somewhere.

Has anybody ever tried that ?

Fuel

pure coco coir and root excell. Everything is in the timing of the transplantation stages and the right volume to use at "T" time.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Has anybody ever tried that ?[/FONT]

They look like noodles but they aren't i swear.

Latest posts

Latest posts