What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Keep my see 1k hps or switch to cmh???

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I'll keep updating progress in here . So far I do like it. Only thing I had trouble with was the bulbs and how you have to orient them just right to get them in The socket and if one does t work neither will.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I got 1 630 nanolux up in the air over a glue tray so we'll see how it pans out. I'll know here within the first month or so if I wanna pick up more. View Image

don't make up your mind till you run a tray of forum under it.
I see much less variation in terps with glue under MH/HPS but cookies smell mo better under MH to me.

I got a feeling these might help cookies to stack but my broke ass my never find out.:biggrin:

Amazon has 630 CMH systems with 2 bulbs for $300-$320, I saw 4 different brands in that range and no bulb 630 w CMH bare fixtures as cheap as $200.

I wish I could upgrade my 1000's and 600's to these.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I've got a dome full of forums rooted that's definitely gonna be next. I've got 4 cookies on the right under the 1k bit 2 of the 4 are micro cookie nugging on me. Hopefully soon I'll be able to give some 2.0s a go if all goes well. Heatwise it definitely feels like less than the 1k puts out. I have the cmh about 2 ft away now and I don't think I'd want it much closer. I can slightly feel it at the canopy. tomorrow I'll take my thermometer and get some readings at heights for you dirt bag.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I think they will yield better. I've had the same cookie cut for like 5 years now. Yields are ok under a 1000hps, but she kills it under a 600 with defoliation around day 18 and like day 45-50.

OP

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Oliver which cookie cut do you have? I currently have the forum but 2.0 should land this week. I usually pull a little over a p on cookies with the 1k with defoliation and lollipop before day 21. After that I try to not touch her too much. Here's my last tray of cookies. I only ran 17 instead of my normal 20 some. I've got 27 forums In a dome ready to rock now though...
picture.php
picture.php

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I have the thin mint cut...I usually get a lil over a p when I run 7-8 under a 1000 with 3 gallon grow bags filled with coco..When I run em under a 600 with defoliation i usually touch a p and a half, but not everytime. Took me like 3 years to notice that she doesnt like food and high intensity lights. Ever notice how the plant in the corner of the tray yields more than the others directly under the light or how about the side buds being bigger than main cola?? Shit tripped me out man lol, so I raise my lights all the way to the ceiling now n let em go. I get my best yields that way. Defoliation really helps. I dont lollipop her because she gets solid nugs alll the way down to the bottom. Shes my only strain I dont lollipop. Shes a finicky lil whore:D

OP

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I've got 4 under my 1k and 2 of them are doing the micro cookie nug up top. But they are soild on the sides for sure. Mine are in 2 or 3 gallons of promix bx fed pbp

Miraculous Meds

Oliver which cookie cut do you have? I currently have the forum but 2.0 should land this week. I usually pull a little over a p on cookies with the 1k with defoliation and lollipop before day 21. After that I try to not touch her too much. Here's my last tray of cookies. I only ran 17 instead of my normal 20 some. I've got 27 forums In a dome ready to rock now though...View ImageView Image

Nice looking cookies bud. You can double that with the 2.0 cut.

Your gonna like the cmhs, its not really even a question. What it really comes down to is how you manage your canopy and environment. I think your in a low ceiling situation? If so, the move to 630s instead of 1ks will be a vast improvement for controlling the environment, and having more canopy distance vs wattage.

My last run with 2.0 under cmh yielded 18oz per 630. And it was not what I consider a good run. Environment could have been much better, and I had a root health problem.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Right on. Ya I think as long as I don't get a strain that has a 3x stretch I should be ok on my height (7ft). I definitely need to work on my canopy management. So far the glue tray I put under it seems to have taken to it well. I even moved a 37 day forum over to see if being closer to the cmh gives it a different finish over the ones under the hps.
picture.php
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Glue tray under the cmh at 11 days. Tray filled in nicely. Itll get thinned out this weekend. Currently. The lights roughly 2ft above. I'm going by temp on the hand for my height. No signs of light stress yet. Plants seem to be liking it.
picture.php
picture.php

Dirt Bag

Our botanicare trays each have four recesses for fittings, of which we only use one. Each of the other three retain a small amount of nutrient solution as they're lower than the drain. Each also has a plant by it. Those plants with access to that little puddle grow at least 3 times the size, fatness, etc than their identical twins right next to them that don't have access. So, how do we get all plants to have the same access?.... Raise the drain fitting so that the table retains a small amount of solution?... Currently ours drain completely, except for those recesses.

Totally hijacked your thread, sorry man.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
It's all good. My trays don't retain that little puddle. I've got my fitting that floods as low on the tray as possible and the drain fitting two spaces up so it goes about 2/3 up the cube. And I water by weight. Seems like the glue grows a little faster when a little on the drier side. I've noticed on my trays, the corner plants seem to do just a little bit better sometimes.

Miraculous Meds

Our botanicare trays each have four recesses for fittings, of which we only use one. Each of the other three retain a small amount of nutrient solution as they're lower than the drain. Each also has a plant by it. Those plants with access to that little puddle grow at least 3 times the size, fatness, etc than their identical twins right next to them that don't have access. So, how do we get all plants to have the same access?.... Raise the drain fitting so that the table retains a small amount of solution?... Currently ours drain completely, except for those recesses.

Totally hijacked your thread, sorry man.

Sounds like your plants want more water. I would add more water cycles.