What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mengsk's 2018 Outdoor Grow Show

Mengsk

Jack Herer
BBAUWUZ.jpg

tV84eTA.jpg

Sour Orange
lDzp7Ea.jpg

Pineapple Train Wreck
e4wKQPm.jpg

qlNn2ul.jpg

Mengsk

(From left)
Erkle Be Trippin 3, Honey Bear, Sour Orange
cNCS75I.jpg

Don Carlos
5gNg0wM.jpg

Pineapple Train Wreck
rUNZsSH.jpg

Dragon Fruit
AsNNp9O.jpg

CrushnYuba

They seem to be handling the transition ok. Not ideal but they don't mind losing fan leaves as much I don't think, maybe some reserves in the roots to spring out a few more. They aren't deep green like from a lot of nitrogen but if this is pre-flower I'm ok with that. Everything's an experiment, attempting to not grow hemp just thc. The indoor veg stage got a little too crowded and maybe too long, which led to some humidity issues on the insides of some of the plants. If I knocked it out quick and it stays warm enough fingers crossed they'll make it. The soil is full of organic amendments and fertilizers, I bought all bulk and maybe still spent more than filling the beds with bagged soil. Whether I should use some soluble nitrogen, maybe I will start compost teas. It was burning the leaf tips a little at first I think (read fert strength/ppm sweet spot) but not anymore. I don't know what will happen with the plants but the environment is much nicer than just outside, with brighter light it would almost be like a grow room. I think organic is perhaps more difficult. I have graduated you could say from 'standard' or post-nitrogen fossil fuel reaction for agriculture methods. Then I learned organic which takes some time not taught at universities etc. Even if it's a first outing want to challenge myself and look up to the 10+ plants on this site and elsewhere. The hoop house keeps some bugs out but it's still a constant battle with either mites or caterpillars etc. Will try to seal the hoop house but maybe not until the end of this season.

The organic soil is great the plants Will use it. I don't really ever liquid feed... But if the plants are deficient and most of the roots have not grown into the New soil yet. You Got to get fertilizer where the bulk of the roots are to get them healthy. The only time i ever liquid feed It's with new transplants that the soil they came of of was spent. It looks like your plants were rootbound. If you are proactive you can do water only, like i do, but once you get deficiencies, correcting them its hard without liquid feed.

Compost tea Doesn't have a ton of nutrients in it. i would try to get some nitrate n and some water soluble organic nitrogen into that spent soil in the center. Organic nitrogen Doesn't burn, the matter how much you use. Its the nitrate and urea that gives leaf tip burn. Organic N still needs to be broken down by microbes to be used by the plant. A plant deficient in1 nutrient blocks the uptake of other nutrients. You Will want that plant healthy to put out proper nugs and to defend itself naturally. Weak foliage opens you up to molds and pests. You need strong cell walls. Rot will start in dead or weak foliage. It's kind of last call for getting them healthy because flower already started.

Organic is WAY easier. It's just different. Screw "standard" agriculture practices and definitely screw the hydro store. Hydro stores just want to over complicate things to separate you from $.

I'm sorry if i seem pushy. I just want to help.

Mengsk

Some N in a nutshell thank you. Especially the center plant is yellow, as you are correct. There is good soil there and the plants look good to me overall but I agree some more liquid feed is behind schedule.

CrushnYuba

You can get some sea bird guano pellets 12-12-2.5. It's like 1$ per lb. Incredibly cheap.

It is 12% total nitrogen by weight
2.5% is amonical n
.1% is nitrate n
4.15% is water soluble Organic nitrogen
5.25% is insoluble Organic nitrogen

You can just sprinkle it around the plant where the rootball with the spent soil is and water it in, the amonical and nitrate nitrogen is available instantly. This is the form that can burn. The 4.1% water soluble organic n will dissolve and get down into the rootball but will be available slower because it needs to be broken down by bacteria to be available. The water insoluble Organic n will be available even slower and will take longer to get down into the rootball.
The p and k are available instantly but it's pretty low in k. Sprinkle a tiny bit of langbeinite and precipitated bone meal with it and you can totally revitalize that spent soil in the center with instantly available dirt cheap Organic fertilizer. N p k, calcium and magnesium. Give your plants everything they need until the roots can spread out. I always throw a little feed store alfalfa pellets in for dirt cheap natural growth hormone, beneficial bacteria, and a little bit of Organic nitrogen.

Mengsk

Some more pics until they're organized https://imgur.com/a/ssGdDRM. I was going after the moths with a bamboo stake then fly swatter at least to move them away. Needs an intake filter. Sprayed the tops with bt then *mold spray and fed the roots with AN 7 part organic yesterday.

* yourplantdoctor . com / organocide-plant-doctor-systemic-fungicide-faqs

Last edited: