What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CANNABIS TIME CAPSULE

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hello my icmag friends.
I am looking to hear your opinions and thoughts on what should be in a cannabis time capsule.
In recent stories I have read. Several ancient burial sites have been found with cannabis and seeds inside of them. While the plants were ceremonial there wasn't any attempt at preserving them.

With today's technology the ability to preserve genetics long term is greatly improved over ancient times. Ways to preserve???
Our culture should also be included. I'm thinking about Pink Floyd and Bob Marley albums , Cheech and Chong movies. What else???

I plan to use a casket vault or similar container. I will bury the vault in the spring of 2020.

What would you like to see in an ancient hippie stash?
What genetics should be included?

What items should be a cultural symbol?
I have a year to get it together. Please share what you would leave?
What types of cultures will exist in a thousand years? Is this a bad idea and a waste of money and time?
Peace MedDakotabis :tiphat:

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have a signed by Howard Marks 'Mr Nice' book - and the first edition in print of International Cannagraphic Magazine - I could donate.

Sounds like a fun idea.

kaochiu

Veteran
In all rigour, maybe a donut, a bag of doritos or a stale pizza slice. A grinder, and a printed thread on G13 origins. Music could also add Brotherhood of Man's "Don't bogart that joint" and Musical Youth's "Pass the Dutchie". "Psychedelic Afrogirl smoking joint" and Bob Marley's posters. Freak Bros. comic. Pic of Phelps hitting bong and maybe the one with Obama too. Oaksterdam's enrolment requirements and Amsterdam's coffee-shop menu.
Man, unless most of it goes in a memory stick you'll end up needing one of those Maersk ship containers.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
a cd of the movie "easy rider", film from Woodstock of Hendrix playing "the star-spangled banner", Monty Pythons "in search of the Holy Grail", the collected works of Gilbert Shelton, some REAL columbian redbud seeds packed in nitrogen so they would (hopefully) still sprout, and the clip from the concert in Central Park with Art Garfunkel singing "bridge over troubled waters" for approximately 500,000 people. fucking incredible!:dance013: cool thread, see a bit of agreement on stuff, lol.

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Gypsy your support is more than kind. Thank you

I didn't mention the genetics will be vacuum sealed in neon tubing. I'm working on getting military dog tags in stainless steel to mark each strain. While I have a full year to prepare. I will document each step as I go.
I made a cross last season of Lebanese x Auto Malawi. I will be doing a cross this season as well. I have three regular strains I will select a Male from. ( Lebanese, Highland Nepalese) Landrace and one ibl of Oaxaca x Highland Nepalese. Which ever has the best Male will pollinate one of five mother phenotypes of a Auto Zamaldelica. The mother will be selected during the season. I will have a full thread again for 2019 in North Dakota section of State forums and one in the Ace seeds forums.
Peace MedDakotabis

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Armeroldhippie, I have Easy Riders. Great call! I may as well part with Blazing Saddles and Animal House too. Thanks for stopping by.
Peace

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I'd have to give this some further thought,but no time Cannabis Time Capsule would be complete without a roach clip,and a rolled up matchbook cover (singed on the business end of course). No explanation for that should be included.Every time capsule should have a mystery piece. :)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hey Slim, for whatever reason I have kept my old cell phones for the last 15 years or so. I thought about putting them in a ammo box. But I don't think I should introduce acid from the batteries into the capsule even if I think it is seperated.
I have a huge American flag my grandfather was given during WW2. I will place that in there as well.

Gypsy has offered some great items. I'm sure by the spring of 2020 there will be many more. I'm hoping some people will offer unique and rare Landrace and hybrid genetics. I just spoke with the people at Mydogtags.com they seem interested in this story/endeavor.

I will make a list of genetics I'm donating out of my library at a later time.
Peace. MedDakotabis

Cvh

Supermod
Besides seeds, weed and hash.
A bong, lighter, grinder, papers, tips, baggies,... The regular smoking paraphernalia.

And also lots of pictures about stoners.

Some grow books and grow equipement.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Cvh, nice call brother. I like the grow books. I have mine borrowed out to some people right now. My grow equipment I may be using this season if I have males indoors. I have one or two 600 watt HPS lights and transformers that could be replaced. This would be their fourth season of use. I can get rid of some old bulbs too.
Peace

some bud shots would be cool too! and maybe a list of all the super hyped up must have hybrids of this day and age and why we were so obsessed with them.

it would also be hilarious I think if someone put the actual real lineage of OG kush in the vault to be sealed up haha. maybe a cruel irony but still!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Stickybred420,
I won't need budshots. I placing a pound of cured buds in the capsule. I also will roll a few hundred joints in there for good measure. I have an antique cigarette rolling machine, but I'm hanging on to that. For now anyway

The OG Kush? lol... Attention World! OG Kush is really Mazar I Sharif sativa phenotype x Afghani indica phenotype. Quality used to be important to growers. Now your smoke is nuked to death indoors for quantity. Terpenes don't Express themselves in the Rockies the way they do along the coast.

I will send a decade of High Times and Skunk Magazines. On genetics whatever is found to be viable in seed. Would be the hottest strain in the world. They will be lying through their teeth then too. We have the real deal here! Gelato,Sorbet,CookiesExpress. Rush into Harborside today! If we don't have it we'll print a new label and Presto!!! More hyped Shit.
I might label a sweet cross DitchWeed. Let them brag about the real Ditchweed cut.
Ok I'm just being sarcastic and a smartass. I'm sure in 100+ magazines they will pick up on the hype. Every aspect of cannabis culture needs to be represented.
Peace

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Rosin press, hair straightener, open blast bho tube, can of butane, sifting screens, pipe screens, rolling paper collection, newspaper clippings from legalization dates, Nixon's study on mj that went ignored, Mason jar, baggie assortment, Phillie blunts, blunt wraps, Bic lighter with black smudge on bottom, a pager, payphone, concentrates, dab rig and tools,slickmats

and the name of every person to ever do time behind bars for a fucking plant

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I could burn a copy of the Quad Cities Bud Growers guide:

9ExTdYk.gif

then burn a copy for yourself maybe.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
CannaRed and Stonerforlife, great ideas! As time goes on I will place an email address to give a physical address to send donations to. I hope to get a lot of feedback and items donated.
Peace

Dog Star

Veteran
Graves today look much better for seed vaults than before... ;D LOL

there is a beton ones too.. if they closed good they can save seeds like pyramids
was once before.. am readed they found some seed strains inside pyramids that
could still sprout.. think it was ancient wheat or something..

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hello all, I have prices for the Stainless steel tags with a pot leaf and strain name embossed at $4 each. I'm getting a quote on the glass neon tubing pumped down with the genetics inside. I should now in a few days what that will cost. I will also be checking on the price of a casket vault soon.
I need measurements so I can determine how large of ceramic containers I can use.
Have a great weekend! Peace MedDakotabis

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Ok guys, it's the weekend. I have received some really good feedback, but I need some more ideas. Thanks. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts