What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zerotol 2.0

Anybody use this in their ipm regimen? I want to add this to mine. Also was told that it's good to reduce mold and yeast percentages before harvest. Full panel testing is now in effect in Michigan and people will fail for being high in both I'm sure.

Also I would like to use this in a fogger or atomizer application if anyone has tips with them or could recommend another that could be used safely on plants and can be used in a fogger.

Hookahhead

I have no experience with the product, but your post intrigued me.

From their website, I found the SDS: https://biosafesystems.com//-labels/zerotol-2/sds-zerotol-2.0.pdf

The SDS shows that Peracetic acid is the active ingredient. The Wiki page offers a bit of information about safety.

Peracetic acid is a strong oxidizing agent and severe irritant to the skin, eyes, and respiratory system. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency published the following Acute Exposure Guidelines (AEGL):
@0.17ppm The concentration at which the general population will experience transient and reversible problems, such as notable discomfort, irritation, or certain asymptomatic non-sensory effects.

@0.52ppm The concentration that results in irreversible or other serious, long-lasting adverse health effects or an impaired ability to escape.

@1.3ppm The concentration that results in life-threatening health effects or death
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peracetic_acid

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I’ve got 2.5 gallons of the stuff. Tried it out on live plants when I had a dud issue. I used the strongest application it recommended for soil drench and foliar and saw no signs of stress on plants. By looking at the plants, you couldn’t tell I used anything on them. And I used it multiple days in a row as a foliar spray and root drench. It didn’t help the dud issue though. But I wouldn’t hesitate to use it again.

It seems to disticipate really fast when mixed with water like hydrogen peroxide. I believe the instructions tell you to use what you mix within 12hrs...something like that anyway. You can also spray your entire growroom between crops as part of your ipm. Having so much, I should probably atleast do that with it. Lol.

There’s also dilution rates in the instructions to use it in a clone machine like you would Rez Clear or chlorine, like some ppl like to use. Another good thing, it says you can use it during bloom, no problem.

My 2 cents... :tiphat:

I’ve got 2.5 gallons of the stuff. Tried it out on live plants when I had a dud issue. I used the strongest application it recommended for soil drench and foliar and saw no signs of stress on plants. By looking at the plants, you couldn’t tell I used anything on them. And I used it multiple days in a row as a foliar spray and root drench. It didn’t help the dud issue though. But I wouldn’t hesitate to use it again.

It seems to disticipate really fast when mixed with water like hydrogen peroxide. I believe the instructions tell you to use what you mix within 12hrs...something like that anyway. You can also spray your entire growroom between crops as part of your ipm. Having so much, I should probably atleast do that with it. Lol.

There’s also dilution rates in the instructions to use it in a clone machine like you would Rez Clear or chlorine, like some ppl like to use. Another good thing, it says you can use it during bloom, no problem.

My 2 cents... :tiphat:
Thanks for the insight, that's exactly what I was looking for. So you applied it as a foliar? Did you use an atomizer? I'm concerned about it messing up my reflectors if I fog my rooms. Also what is a dud?

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I think duds come from stem nematodes. So probably why it didn’t work...it’s more of a pest than a fungus/mold. There’s a whole dud thread somewhere around here...

I used it as a foliar with just a spray bottle, not an atomizer. My grow is small. I’d definitely use gloves when working with the stuff raw, but it’s pretty diluted when used as a foliar. Probably won’t mess up the reflectors, imo. I’m no expert though. Now if you mix it according to using it for sterilizing an empty room, you’d most likely run into problems if it got on reflectors.

If I were you, I’d drop biosafe an email and see what they say.

It’s also worth noting, the stuff is super acidic! It’s so acidic that pH up ain’t gonna do shit! Lol. I used it without adjusting pH as a foliar and root drench. You pretty much have to really. And like I said, no ill effect used like that for multiple days. I’m in soil too, for what it’s worth...

I think duds come from stem nematodes. So probably why it didn’t work...it’s more of a pest than a fungus/mold. There’s a whole dud thread somewhere around here...

I used it as a foliar with just a spray bottle, not an atomizer. My grow is small. I’d definitely use gloves when working with the stuff raw, but it’s pretty diluted when used as a foliar. Probably won’t mess up the reflectors, imo. I’m no expert though. Now if you mix it according to using it for sterilizing an empty room, you’d most likely run into problems if it got on reflectors.

If I were you, I’d drop biosafe an email and see what they say.

It’s also worth noting, the stuff is super acidic! It’s so acidic that pH up ain’t gonna do shit! Lol. I used it without adjusting pH as a foliar and root drench. You pretty much have to really. And like I said, no ill effect used like that for multiple days. I’m in soil too, for what it’s worth...
yeah I've been talking to a rep just trying to get a full rounded analysis from everyone. Wow that's shocking since pm throves in lo acidic environments. The rep said it casues issues with brass and shouldn't have a problem with reflectors.

eric2028

Veteran
The spray is adjustable from low to high. I personally keep mine on high. Unless their babies. I like the plants moving pretty good while I’m spraying. It shoots a 10 foot fine mist. It’s kinda bulky but you will get the hang of it and never look back. It’s alittle loud too, like a shop vac.

The spray is adjustable from low to high. I personally keep mine on high. Unless their babies. I like the plants moving pretty good while I’m spraying. It shoots a 10 foot fine mist. It’s kinda bulky but you will get the hang of it and never look back. It’s alittle loud too, like a shop vac.
Thanks man for tips, do you spray in flower at all? I would be worried about rupturing the trichs or something. Zerotol is recommended for usage in flower regardless of mold or mildew pressure.

eric2028

Veteran
Your welcome, I do spray in flower. I Havnt used zerotol tho. I use greencure mostly. Greencure works well but can burn pistils if used too strong. I run a perpetual,pm has been a constant issue. I plan on shutting down to sterilize in the near future.

Your welcome, I do spray in flower. I Havnt used zerotol tho. I use greencure mostly. Greencure works well but can burn pistils if used too strong. I run a perpetual,pm has been a constant issue. I plan on shutting down to sterilize in the near future.
Oh dang im sorry to hear that, I hope youre successful with your battle. Check out zerotol because it can be used up to harvest plus it's great for cleaning rooms too. So as you spray your plants you can spray room to kill any spore that might be lingering in your room.
So have you noticed any issues with damaged buds or trichomes being messed from the pressure of the atomizer?

eric2028

Veteran
Thanks. I ll check it out. No it’s been nothing but great coverage from the atomizer. I might find a leaf on the ground after but I spray on high pressure. No issues in that regard.