What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mold on top of coco in seedling pot

doams

lately will end up with mold growing on top of coco upon seedling start everytime.

Thinking about adding few drops of undiluted bleach into the feed mix.

like 3 drops into 1 liter.

killed month old seedling already after dropping pure bleach on top of coco like a crazy mofo (0.5 ml total) after waterin that was a bad idea..

will 3 drops of bleach into 1 liter solve the mold problem or should I use more drops or should I just put a fan in there and forget about bleach?
but then it needs to be watered daily mold will grow even with fan pointed at it coz its wet?

coco was baked in oven for 1hour then put outside in the open to cool off maybe those spores got there in the process..never had this problem before it sux.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Use 3% peroxide 10ml to 90ml RO water. This is the solution I use to strike my seeds and also use it as a "spritz' until she pops the surface.

TheGhost

Without a pic it hard to know, but I have found in the past that if the pots are too large for the seedlings then the coco does not dry out fast enough causing mould, combine that with lower than adequate air movement and maybe even lower than optimal temps and the coco will always mould.

doams

Without a pic it hard to know, but I have found in the past that if the pots are too large for the seedlings then the coco does not dry out fast enough causing mould, combine that with lower than adequate air movement and maybe even lower than optimal temps and the coco will always mould.

yeah that pot is full of coco gonna use half amount and gonna try peroxide too next time.

btw that mold changed appearance its no longer hairy now it looks like perlite pieces probably due to lack of moisture and its in the middle of pot been watering the edges its not on the edges yet..

bet there are spores in the box not sure how to get rid of spores is it even possible?

doams

mixed 1ml peroxide into 9ml of nutemix and sprayed the top of coco but it had no effect mold appeared next day like it was nothing.. maybe had to use just undiluted peroxide..

topping the pot with dry coco after every watering..

seems like its the only thing that works but its a bit unconvenient..

Latest posts

Latest posts