What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Work in a Commercial Facility with Soil? Have the Ability to Test a New Product?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Do you do document your methods and progress well?
What growlogs have you done which you are proud of? Results do not matter, it's the process and information presentation, along with the side by side testing.

Would you have the ability to test several different microbial innoculants on seedlings or clones? Would you document one session with the innoculants in question as your payment? You would be testing a new product, as well as at least one other name brand liquid innoculant.

I don't want to know your personal details. I would essentially give you an email for contact to get your supplies. I would then expect regular updates through your test with photos. Nothing fancy, just clear and concise information on what's been done and how things are progressing. This is not an in-depth study, it's a varied environment test with cannabis. The goal is to see if there is an obvious enough difference to test further.

I began looking through grow logs to see who qualifies, and quickly realized there are many of you who would do a great job. I'd rather look over and select from growers actually interested, as well as currently able to do this minimal effort.

lol :D

Thank you for your indulgence. :)

Dankwolf

Can't help . I am not commercial . but I am not sure what exactly that your are asking? I am assuming a addtive you want to test ?

:tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Thank you for responding. At this point the commercial would be a bonus, but is not a deal breaker. :)

The product is a liquid microbial innoculant like Orca. The goal is to test the product against Orca or another brand of liquid innoculant. The test can be treated soil clones, treated seedlings, treated seed sprouting run, or a full run from clone/seed to harvest.

I'm looking for clear documentation of the steps taken and clear photos in a side by side experiment. Again, nothing full blown and fancy. Just simple and clear. Should there be anything which shows it needs looking at more closely, the company will look at further testing for cannabis.

DTOM420

You’re going to have to find someone that’s growing one strain from cuts in one soil mix and that has reasonably identical results cycle after cycle. Otherwise, any so-called test, no matter how well documented, won’t really give you much info and the results will be forever questioned. It’s going to be very hard to find growers like that outside commercial, imo. Seems like most home growers like to experiment (non-scientifically) and play around. We have the freedom to explore different strains and phenos and methods because our livelihood and living isn’t depending on it. I mean, let’s say you find a grower who documents everything religiously that grows 3-4 strains from seed each cycle; and who is trying at least one new strain he ordered from a seed bank. Even if he doesn’t change a single soil input or adjust his nutrient inputs dependent on individual plant needs (which is unlikely, I think) who’s to say good results aren’t caused by lucky phenos he happened upon?

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here. I sympathize with what you’re trying to do and wish you nothing but success, my brother! Heck, anybody that doesn’t hope you (or anyone else) will discover something that will be the next real step forward is a fool! Just cautioning you that unscientific testing is of little to no value; and if you use the results to try and bolster a request for scientific testing in the next round, you may well run into resistance. What about doing your own with some cuts of your favorite strain? Nobody will document (or ‘care’) as well as YOU will about your product idea.

Good luck, man! I hope it’s the best thing since Rhizophagus Intraradices!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
One of my plans this summer is to study up on this list of biodynamic accumulaters and use wild rice to collect myco and bacteria samples from different places. Choose a strain to start running side by sides and start documenting as many different aspects as possible.

Did you know about 80% of beneficial fungi cannot survive without living roots? That mean all other innoculants are alive with the remaining 20%.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here. I sympathize with what you’re trying to do and wish you nothing but success, my brother! Heck, anybody that doesn’t hope you (or anyone else) will discover something that will be the next real step forward is a fool! Just cautioning you that unscientific testing is of little to no value; and if you use the results to try and bolster a request for scientific testing in the next round, you may well run into resistance. What about doing your own with some cuts of your favorite strain? Nobody will document (or ‘care’) as well as YOU will about your product idea.

Good luck, man! I hope it’s the best thing since Rhizophagus Intraradices!

I am sure lots of amazing scientific studies and discoveries have infact begun on a hobby level.

mack 10

Veteran
not commercial but we pop a lot of seed
and always use the same base soil,
so i can tell the benefits pretty quick,

anyway if you need any help im here,
im sure some big greenhouse/indoor guys will
be posting shortly

Douglas.Curtis

Appreciate all the input.

I'm definitely aware of all the ups and downs of this, and I'm not involved with running or planning any of it. :) This is not my project. I'm aware of it, and participating peripherally.

Ultimately, growers who can get lab tests for the end results will be desired. They will have an opportunity this spring to get involved for the 2019 outdoor crop. I'm guessing they're expecting a difference in either terpene or cannabinoid levels on the tests. Maybe both?

Anyway, I don't have this information and I'm extreeemely tired right now. lol So sorry.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you know about 80% of beneficial fungi cannot survive without living roots? That mean all other innoculants are alive with the remaining 20%.

This is part of the argument why the concept of a living mulch is part of a long term strategy to keep the soil at it's peek condition. The green manure for decomposition is only one perk. The roots of the living mulch give the bacteria and fungi a place to exist, is the primary, most important consideration.

dank.Frank

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Not a commercial grower. But I do document well and take lots of pics and post them. Willing to test if you want. Even willing to do side-by-sides.

Latest posts

Latest posts