What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red goes Ace

R

red23

Nice to have you back Dubi:)
Just got in and did a little check.Leaves(from top left branch),clean of mites, bit dry, started with extra nutrients about 36hrs ago.I have to update because of her,I'm walking into an unknown territory,size of her included.But she's beautiful
PH was given nutrients as well, and room temperature is a constant 26C,another adjustment(was at 29C)
I am enjoying what I'm doing Dubi,and,thank you
:)

Attachments

• IMG_4895.jpg
    IMG_4895.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4904.jpg
    IMG_4904.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 7
R

red23

Orient Express

Orient Express

Green soap,95% alcohol diluted in water, was the way I got rid of mites.
First time I've tried it, but next time I use less green soap.
I think that's what suffocated leaves from fresh air,and her gaining height at the same time,is the cause of my Ace freebie troubles:)Seems to be responding well since her recent nute feed(last photo is where I got leaves off to check for mites, and,the side that got most of the spraying)(fresh growth not affected)Fan blowing
Caught her sleeping

Attachments

• IMG_4917.jpg
    IMG_4917.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4923.jpg
    IMG_4923.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4920.jpg
    IMG_4920.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
R

red23

Green soap,95% alcohol diluted in water, was the way I got rid of mites.
First time I've tried it, but next time I use less green soap.
I think that's what suffocated leaves from fresh air,and her gaining height at the same time,is the cause of my Ace freebie troubles:)Seems to be responding well since her recent nute feed(last photo is where I got leaves off to check for mites, and,the side that got most of the spraying)(fresh growth not affected)
Caught her sleeping

Attachments

• IMG_4982.jpg
    IMG_4982.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4970.jpg
    IMG_4970.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
R

red23

Panama Haze

Panama Haze

I wasn't sure if she would survive the mite attack
Her recovery is outstanding, and a few pistils that where slightly "burnt" with spraying,are being replaced by new ones.Bulb distance has been adjusted

Attachments

• IMG_5009.jpg
    IMG_5009.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 14

SolarLogos

Looking really good Red, all of those beauties! I really like the Panama Haze, she looks like she is really filling out. I'm very interested in your recipe for getting rid of mites. How much green soap, alcohol and water? Thank you so kindly.
I've enjoyed all of your posts for a while and really enjoy your grows, you have excellent skills. I'm always trying to learn something. Thanks for posting so often, its gets time consuming taking pics, uploading to computer, then IC, etc., so it's much appreciated.

Peace, God bless

R

red23

Looking really good Red, all of those beauties! I really like the Panama Haze, she looks like she is really filling out. I'm very interested in your recipe for getting rid of mites. How much green soap, alcohol and water? Thank you so kindly.
I've enjoyed all of your posts for a while and really enjoy your grows, you have excellent skills. I'm always trying to learn something. Thanks for posting so often, its gets time consuming taking pics, uploading to computer, then IC, etc., so it's much appreciated.

Peace, God bless
It's feels good when sharing SL,and,I am glad you are enjoying it.
Green soap in powder form ..... 2 teaspoon full
95% pure alcohol.... 3 teaspoon full,all diluted in 2ltr of water
Spraying under leaves once or twice a week.With my OE should have sprayed with some water after treatment to get excess off those thin leaves.She's doing fine :)

Last edited:

SolarLogos

It's feels good when sharing SL,and,I am glad you are enjoying it.
Green soap in powder form ..... 2 teaspoon full
95% pure alcohol.... 3 teaspoon full,all diluted in 2ltr of water
Spraying under leaves once or twice a week.With my OE should have sprayed with some water after treatment to get excess off those thin leaves.She's doing fine :)
Thank you very much Red. I'm going to try to find green soap in powder form. I have never heard of green soap, but I do see amazon sells several kinds. In CA, we can't get 95% alc. In fact, the last time I went to get everclear at 151 proof, the store owner told me I got the last bottle, CA won't let him sell that now either. Guess it's time to pull the old pot still back out.
Peace, God bless

R

red23

Thank you very much Red. I'm going to try to find green soap in powder form. I have never heard of green soap, but I do see amazon sells several kinds. In CA, we can't get 95% alc. In fact, the last time I went to get everclear at 151 proof, the store owner told me I got the last bottle, CA won't let him sell that now either. Guess it's time to pull the old pot still back out.
Peace, God bless
SL the "old recipe" had a beverage with a high % of alcohol.It is not necessary to use pure alcohol.Just add double the amount of beverage, if that contains let's say 45% alcohol.
Used neem oil once,and last time.

R

red23

Orient Express

Orient Express

Attachments

• IMG_5795.jpg
    IMG_5795.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5792.jpg
    IMG_5792.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5787.jpg
    IMG_5787.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5777.jpg
    IMG_5777.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 7
R

red23

She's getting a re pot.
1 1/2 ltr and straight through her rooting system
It's I think the only way I can get her top 1/3 back to normal
Her left side are branches and not main stem

Attachments

• Bodhi - Gold Star
    Bodhi - Gold Star
    94 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5803.jpg
    IMG_5803.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
R

red23

Peace, God bless
Sorry SL for my brief /short answers.Been having some computer issues and a text over a minute, and,kept finding myself logged out.
I hope you get the basis of the "old greek" cure.Alcohol and soap.First time I've used it myself.works ok, but when pistils are showing have to be a bit careful with the spraying.Must avoid direct spray on flower.
Did good to my OE,but,a few pistils where burned on the Haze,my mistake.
I hope you never get mites, but have it there as an alternative treatment
Love your GTs SL

smilley

Veteran
I've had several spider mite infestations. I take full responsibility for all occurrences. Poor grow room cleanliness and bringing them in from outside the room is typically the reason. Always caused reduced quality and smaller yields. Every few days I remove and inspect a leaf or two with my trich microscope (especially the undersides), early detection helps a lot. In flower, I generally use a pyrethrin spray bomb, after lights out and ventilation turned off. Check out Doktor Doom
https://www.doktordoom.com/doktor-doom-go-green-total-release-fogger-400-gram.html

Worked for me. Claims to have no residuals.

Last edited:
R

red23

I've had several spider mite infestations. I take full responsibility for all occurrences. Poor grow room cleanliness and bringing them in from outside the room is typically the reason. Always caused reduced quality and smaller yields. Every few days I remove and inspect a leaf or two with my trich microscope (especially the undersides), early detection helps a lot. In flower, I generally use a pyrethrin spray bomb, after lights out and ventilation turned off. Check out Doktor Doom
https://www.doktordoom.com/doktor-doom-go-green-total-release-fogger-400-gram.html

Worked for me. Claims to have no residuals.
Thanks Smiley:)
It's my last run, indoor, with seeds in my country's air space.Then I'm moving back to where I can get my "medical card" and stress free I can grow legally my 4 plants
Sadly,but if the human factor is the cause of most of the problems in a grow, that's what I'm trying to save
GTs Kali China included

Attachments

• IMG_5908.jpg
    IMG_5908.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 7
R

red23

Kali China

Kali China

Attachments

• IMG_6845.jpg
    IMG_6845.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6844.jpg
    IMG_6844.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 9
R

red23

Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger

Attachments

• IMG_6842.jpg
    IMG_6842.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6841.jpg
    IMG_6841.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 6

Koondense

Veteran
If there were no labels I would bet it's the other way around. KC looks relatively nld compared to GT.
Good luck with the ladies.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts