What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official Canna Nutrients thread

DarthFader1

Veteran
We really need to get one of these threads going for all the Canna users out there

I'll start off then, just moved to the entire 6 part range for use with peat based mixes and this includes:

1. Terra Vega
2. Terra Flores
3. Rhizotonic
4. Cannazym
5. Cannaboost
6. PK13/14

The first issue i discovered is the Rhizotonic is extremely alkaline and even at 1ml / 1L dilution rate it will push your PH through the roof. Mine climbed from 7.2 up to 9.8 PH just from 1ml.

The rest of the range particularly the Terra Vega, Terra Flores, and Cannazym are all very acidic as i have found out through testing PH and EC changes to my water in the last few days.

One early observation i've made is i probably wouldn't use the rhizotonic on its own without adjusting PH back down. I used Terra Vega to achieve this today and it worked well; i added 1ml vega to the 1L solution with rhizo in it with the PH at 9.8, and it dropped the PH back to 7. At around 1.5ml of vega added the PH was 6.2. So yeah, that's a lot of swing yo

So with that in mind i think i am going to really err on the side of caution with low dosage rates until becoming more accustomed to these nutrients. Small dosage rates bring about big changes in both EC & PH i have seen.

Im growing in a peat based mix similar to canna professional with added EWC, lime, kelp, DE, B&B, and a couple other things, so my thinking was low dosages rates might be optimal to accompany a moderately hot soil mix.

Ive heard the cannaboost product is the shizzle.. Anyone used it?? It's the most expensive product out of those 6 listed by quite a bit

I hope some peeps will jump aboard this thread and add their experiences with using the Canna range :huggg:

I will also be updating my experiences as i use these some more

darth :)

Last edited:
i never found rhizotonic to increase my PH like that.. silica type products is what raises the ph fot me..

im a canna fan. i use canna classic a+b flower and veg.. and pk 13-14..
i dont use cannazym as i found a pond cleaner with the same ZYME type products and is so so so much sheaper and goes so much furhter.. the cannazym was like 25ml to 10l from memory.. and that didnt last me long at all..
i use the house and gardens roots excellarator instead of rhizo now..

havent tried cannaboost.. good luck with it all mate.. will be a good thread to watch along..

DarthFader1

Veteran
Ive just started a whole bunch of jiffy peat pellets that were soaked in rhizotonic and terra vega at 1ml / 1L. PH was 6.8, EC 0.2. The PH of the leftover water squeezed from the jiffys was 5.8. Cuttings should be throwing roots in about a week and im keenly awaiting the results! In the past i soaked jiffys in plain water and had decent success, but i always felt like the cuttings were getting too beaten up in the process. Hopefully these one's will be much healthier

Hey great to see some other canna users drop in! I will keep updating this thread over the coming months; it will be interesting to see results from the canna range on a clone ive had for a while.. should be quite telling

darth

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
The first issue i discovered is the Rhizotonic is extremely alkaline and even at 1ml / 1L dilution rate it will push your PH through the roof. Mine climbed from 7.2 up to 9.8 PH just from 1ml.

This is with all those Rhizo things :) Was the frist thing i learned that rhizo pulls ya PH :)

4. Cannazym

I use them only for Plants in smaller Pots maybe once a life cycle...

5. Cannaboost

Used for one Bottle then i've seen some Molasse Thread

DarthFader1

Veteran
Hey guys, just a little update regarding the Rhizotonic..

Ok, this stuff definitely works real good. The cuts i took all started to grow healthy white, much more VIGOROUS roots within 7 days!! Usually the same strain take like 10 or 11 days.

Round 1: Rhizo wins.

p.s I would reiterate that you need to add some Terra Vega or Cannazym with the Rhizo to bring the PH back down to suitable range.

darth

Last edited:

Canna man76

That's great new darthfader1.

Anyone from the UK used Canna's Aqua range pls any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

touringfunkband

Any Canna users big into using Cannazym or PK13/14. They are really the only two pieces to the Canna line I haven't bought into yet. Ive been pretty happy with the results after several years using A+B with Rhizo and Boost, but wonder how much I missing leaving out Cannazym and the PK.

maimunji

Hi. My tap water comes 140 ppm. And when I put canna pk 13 14 at 1ml. per litter ppm jump only to 250 ppm. Everyone say pk 13 14 is really strong and recomended to reduce basic nute. Why? My ppm meter say only 100 ppm increase. If its posibble someone to confirm my measures. Ppm meter say only 100 ppm increase 1 ml per litre.

B

bigganjabud

Canna boost is ok but shogun has released a sumo boost thats better in imo

Been using full canna aqua line

Vega a + b
Flores a + b
Cannazym
Pk13/14

But knocked out the canna boost for the sumo
And i swapped the rhizo for rootz excelurator

Add a little terpinator and jobs a good'un

Full water nft grows and im starting to get use to the doses

I'm a canna user in the UK. Working with coco though. Ritzo is the business but obviously ph adjustment is needed.it's great for drench early on but it works really well as a foliar. On the subject of the zym, I find the main benefit is the additional phosphate in early flower.Boost works great as a foliar early on in flower which obviously makes it a bit more cost effective before drench. I'm still unsure if it's as good as the price suggests. The coco bae nutes work best with tap water at about 0.4 ec but I'm not sure if that's the case with the soil nutes. All in all good stuff, definitely on the pricey side though but whenever I go away I keep coming back so it must be pretty decent stuff.

SpaceJunkOG

I recently switched from Hygrozym to Cannazym for experimentation / testing:

Cannazym: a lot less slime. Completely different smell, look, also has an NPK ratio (0-0-1) which Hygrozym apparently does not. Some people say you can use these two things together, which makes no sense to me as they're marketed to do the same thing essentially - break down dead root material, in a nutshell. Seems like a grower should pick one "zym" and just use that right?

I hated working with HygroSLIME but it worked so goddamn well, plus it was completely organic, whereas Cannazym is not. Hygrozym made my fertilizer buckets PH's drift almost a whole point over a 24 or 48 hour period - Cannazym does not.
All that said, even though Cannazym is a lot more "user friendly," I'm not sure if it's more plant-friendly. I've worked with both nutes for enough time now to say I prefer Hygrozym, even though it's a pain to work with, i could see visible, positive results upon a single Hygrozym/RO-water application, whereas I don't see anything comparable upon applying Cannazym. I'll be switching back.

Also using CANNA START: this is their "all in one starter" nutrient. I had previously used GH Rapid Start - same NPK ratio, marketed for the same use basically. I've only done 2 runs with Cannastart and they were with different strains then I've ever worked with so I can't actually compare, or I don't think it's fair to draw a conclusion yet. i LOVE rapid start, i think it's an amazing tool, so it will be hard for the canna to beat. Would be curious to hear anybody else who's used the CannaStart...?

B

bigganjabud

Canna start

Got a bottle never used it though as you cant use it in a recirculating system

DarthFader1

Veteran
Any Canna users big into using Cannazym or PK13/14. They are really the only two pieces to the Canna line I haven't bought into yet. Ive been pretty happy with the results after several years using A+B with Rhizo and Boost, but wonder how much I missing leaving out Cannazym and the PK.

Hi touring,

I have been using the Cannazym with most watering's at around 2.5ml/L. It brings the PH down nicely to around 6.2, without increasing the EC much at all. I have been using it on a bunch of rooted clones atm and also feeding them 1ml/ Terra Vega every other watering. Everything's fine so far, however i am concerned about how much Cannazym you need to use in your water. I already calculated i'll need a 5 litre pale Lol..

I will be using the PK13/14 in flower but haven't used it before this time. I'll also be using the Cannaboost product as well.

Im going to keep all the doses on the small side because i have a relatively hot soil mix to start with. It's going to be verrrrry interesting to see the results this round with a blue kush clone ive had for quite some time

darth

DarthFader1

Veteran

Also touring, could you please tell me exactly how you use the Rhizotonic if you would be so kind :tiphat:

cheers
darth

DarthFader1

Veteran
I'm a canna user in the UK. Working with coco though. Ritzo is the business but obviously ph adjustment is needed.it's great for drench early on but it works really well as a foliar. On the subject of the zym, I find the main benefit is the additional phosphate in early flower.Boost works great as a foliar early on in flower which obviously makes it a bit more cost effective before drench. I'm still unsure if it's as good as the price suggests. The coco bae nutes work best with tap water at about 0.4 ec but I'm not sure if that's the case with the soil nutes. All in all good stuff, definitely on the pricey side though but whenever I go away I keep coming back so it must be pretty decent stuff.

Nice info there 10ft :tiphat:
Tell me when you used the Rhizo for foliar spraying what did you use to bring the PH back down? Did you use it for spraying cuttings / young plants?

i like to add a capful or two to the ez cloner and i get bumps very fast,never ph the water either,within a week to 10 days chia pet style spagetti

touringfunkband

Also touring, could you please tell me exactly how you use the Rhizotonic if you would be so kind :tiphat:

cheers
darth

I pretty much use it based on the Canna Feeding Chart you find online. My way of thinking is just to go with manufacturers suggestions first to establish a baseline with how my plants react to it, and then later make adjustments to suit.

srich250

Yes, use an enzyme for sure and w/o pk13/14 at the same time as their boost you will never see the best results. I've done about 11 grows with the full canna line and never was super impressed until I used pk13/14 for 2 weeks and boost. Now my quality of resin production and yield are near what I get with advanced nutes master line.