What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lazyman's 16KW Headbanger

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ahhhhhh i dream of basements. i'm really curious to see someone rockin the bare bulbs outside of canada or a vertical setup. great work! i love the overkill tekfoil on the rezzies!

G

GGM

WOW!...very nice and looks like you wear tyevex ? Very clean and Impressive
wonder how many patients you help out...on just this one room..
:tiphat:

BIGGS

Veteran
very impressive mate. looks like a lot of time and hard works gone into your grow mate. great work.:tiphat:

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran

So instead of having your very own troll thread you're going to come into other peoples threads with your mouth diarrhea? And troll them?

Nice..... :jerkit:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
damn Lazy, why am i always the last person at the party ??
Anyway im here now :D :lurk:

You've been an inspiration for me and probably will be that way until i the day i die,
cheers,
red.

Aw thanks Red! I'm gettin misty over here ;)

here to learn from lazyman... thanks lazyman!

Right on man, welcome aboard!

ahhhhhh i dream of basements. i'm really curious to see someone rockin the bare bulbs outside of canada or a vertical setup. great work! i love the overkill tekfoil on the rezzies!

Hey good to see you man, yeah it's just to help stabilize the temps really, the mylar layer on the tekfoil is a great radiant barrier.

Thanks for the compliments, its a legal collective grow for ten patients currently. That said, I don't like you, please stay out of my thread and I'll do you the same courtesy, deal?

very impressive mate. looks like a lot of time and hard works gone into your grow mate. great work.:tiphat:

Thanks very much! It seemed like it was a lot at first, but I always try to do stuff once so overall it's less work than the continual upgrade cycle most of us endure. ;)

You don't want algae growing in your rez. so you cover 'em up with w/e works best to keep light from getting in there.

:)

I got lucky and scored black reservoirs so light penetration wasn't the worry really, but since the rezzes will end up in an 85*F CO2 room I didn't want the water heating up from the air or radiant light, so the tekfoil oughtta help. The big RO system tops off the barrels pretty much constantly so the steady trickle of fresh cold water helps, but the water heaters keep em all at 67*F so far without issue. ;)

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Shit, I'm tardy for class. My bad Lazy. *pulls up a chair*

:lurk: tagged like a mofo.

Ah SG, nice of you to join us! Now go sit in the corner for a minute.

Nah I'm kiddin, good to have you man! I'm sure everyone will make their way in once the weed wears off. Oh wait, lol ain't gonna happen:)

rooted

lazyman this is quite inspirational, and motivational

we could all learn a thing or 20 from you i'm sure :D

:wave:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks rooted! I'm probably doing myself a slight disservice as I'm gonna show 100K IC members how easy it can be to do a 16 light op, but I think the good karma will more than make up for it.

I believe efficiency and automation will be our saviours, without either none of this would be possible!

Hehe I was just thinking, maybe I'll plumb in some sprinkler valves on a regular sprinkler timer so the reservoirs automagically dump themselves every week or two, they'll already refill automatically. They even make models that you can control from your cell phone, muahahaha

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Yeah, automation is the key when you step up the game to that many lights. I've never run a show that big but have seen how much work one is with no automation/nothing

If you runnin 8 lights and you want 16 then you gotta get something electric to do the damn work for you.... to a degree

Everything looks way overbuilt and thats the way it should be.

Cheers
Smiley

W

Wasabi420

any new pics lazy??? Grow is looking prettty sick!! I might try no reflectors next time

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah, automation is the key when you step up the game to that many lights. I've never run a show that big but have seen how much work one is with no automation/nothing

If you runnin 8 lights and you want 16 then you gotta get something electric to do the damn work for you.... to a degree

Everything looks way overbuilt and thats the way it should be.

Cheers
Smiley

Thanks GS! Yep every overbuilt part means one less thing to worry about. Heat waves and cold snaps should NOT cause you (or your girls) stress! Plus it helps me sleep at night, important for a remote grow, especially until I can afford a nice camera system.

very nice setup bro! im keeping an eye on this one! peace
~POE~

Groovy man, glad to have you

any new pics lazy??? Grow is looking prettty sick!! I might try no reflectors next time

Thanks buddy, no pics at the moment but I'll try to remember to bring my camera over there tonight. They're recovering from an overfeed at the moment so they look kinda clawed/sad, but they'll be ok in a few days. Funny how RO water affects nute uptake, last run with this strain I fed double what I'm feeding now without issue, now they can't take even 800PPM without clawing. Hmm.

This is a real nice professional looking setup dude.

Is there going to be anymore pics and what do you do with all the trimmings, fan leafs and stems?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks Monsieur .FR!

Yep there will always be more pics, coming soon.

Trimmings are made into iso hash, stems and fan leaves are garbage (little to no appreciable THC content) and are composted for my veggie garden. I have critters that like to munch on them too. ;)

very Nice...and I thought u were lazy :)

Can u talk more about how u control the lighting and schedules. You are a man of detail......:pimp3::pimp3:

Thanks

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks IP!

Lighting is done so every other bulb runs for two hours, then the other set runs for two hours. I use two lighting relays, each with half the ballasts on them, and plugged into digital timers with their own backup batteries now.

So it goes like this:

Bank 1 (8 bulbs) runs for two hours then turns off
Bank 2 (the other 8 bulbs) runs for two hours, plus a few minutes for overlap, and then turns off.
Bank 2 (the other 8 bulbs) runs for two hours, plus a few minutes for overlap, and then turns off.

So each set of 8 bulbs only runs for 6 hours a night. Just like a very slow-moving light mover, but with no moving parts. It does cost a bunch extra for the 8 additional ballasts, but IMHO they're worth it! ;)