What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aerocloner + SM90 = Success (?)

SmokeyTheDuck

I'd like to hear others' experiences regarding the use of SM-90 when aerocloning.

I've recently had some difficulty with my areacloner. It's of the homemade variety. I could get some cuttings to root, but sometimes it would take weeks. Othertimes I would end up with mushy or infected stems. I was doing everything I could to keep the water temperature in the acceptable range and was having decent success.

Then a couple weeks ago I started adding SM-90 to the tap water in my aerocloner at 2ml/gallon. This time around, my cuttings stayed greener. Root formed in about 8-10 days. The roots are white, thick and look very healthy. It may be coincidental that I started using SM-90 and started to have success - that is why I ask for others to chime in to verify/disprove my theory.

I haven't used it in an aerocloner, but I can why it helped. I used it in DWC to help me combat the nasties. It's used as a whetting agent (foliar applications), bacteriacide, fungicide and insecticide. Good stuff.

G

guest5703

soo during rooting of cuts you'd rather have no beneficial bacteria right??? So it makes sense that over a week bacteria has built up in the cloner.......and SM90 would kill all bacteria, so this is a very good product to use for cuttings then???

full time daddy
Veteran
caligreen said:
soo during rooting of cuts you'd rather have no beneficial bacteria right??? So it makes sense that over a week bacteria has built up in the cloner.......and SM90 would kill all bacteria, so this is a very good product to use for cuttings then???

i would say YES.... i lov sm-90 one of the best items i ever used....

if you have a gnat prob its kill's them to A+ for sm-90 i gave up on a cloner for a long time and went back to rockwool/oasis cubes i might set one up n try sm-90 in it i had the same prob your having it's not heat its nasty's....

frostqueen

10 years ago! Just thought I'd re-visit this question: is anyone using SM90 in their aerocloner? How much did you add if so? Did you use water or add something else to the mix?

I have used calcium hypochlorite (pool shock) in the past to great success, but SM90 smells so damned good I would consider switching. Both keep a sterile environment... anyone?

frostqueen

For anyone doing a search about SM-90 and aerocloners, I did some tests. It works if you don't mind chasing ph constantly, but there are better methods. It initially raises your ph way up; you can bring it down with ph down, but it will still fluctuate a lot after that. Same goes for SM-90 in any hydro res.

The calcium hypochlorite has been fantastic. I use Snype's cloner formula and it has never failed me. Contrary to popular belief, plants have no problems at all with the calcium hypochlorite. They thrive in it. I add it every 3 days for 12 days, then stop. Vigorous fast-growing white roots.

Latest posts

Latest posts