Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > Let's talk coco slabs with drippers

Thread Title Search
Let's talk coco slabs with drippers Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2007, 07:53 PM #1
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Talking Let's talk coco slabs with drippers

Now that we have our own section, we need to start getting some recourses ready. so i thought i'd start a discussion thread about growing on coco slabs with automated watering per dripper system.

as i have been using coco in one way or another for a pretty long time, i think i can provide guidance for most problems that might occur in such a set up. with all the other coco experts out there this thread should provide info for any related matter. i hope this thread will serve us well as a place to collect info on coco slab growing with a dripper setup.

we should start another thread which deals with coco growing in pots with hand watering, as this way is quite different to the slabs with drippers.

so let this thread be all about coco slab growing and how to get the best from your slabs.

peace out
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:58 PM #2
Dalton

Dalton will become famous soon enough
Wink

Nice Gauis, I'm gonna be setting up some drippers in a couple of weeks, for the first time so this is certainly going to be helpful, Thanks mate, nice work
Dalton is offline Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 09:01 PM #3
NPK
Bottom Feeder

NPK is a jewel in the roughNPK is a jewel in the roughNPK is a jewel in the roughNPK is a jewel in the roughNPK is a jewel in the roughNPK is a jewel in the rough
This thread is timely, because I need to automate with a dripper system as well and have never set one up before. I know run to waste is best with coco, but that'll be impractical for me, so I'd like to do a recirculating system.

Tagged!
NPK is offline Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 09:03 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPK
This thread is timely, because I need to automate with a dripper system as well and have never set one up before. I know run to waste is best with coco, but that'll be impractical for me, so I'd like to do a recirculating system.

Tagged!
if you want to recirculate make sure to get a good inline filter on the return to stop your pump clogging

Old 01-05-2007, 10:36 PM #5

Hi Gaius

First off, what are those ladies in your pics, they look lovely!

I was curious, how big are the slabs (length, width, depth) and what do you put them in? I have a 3.5 foot x 3.5 foot cab and was wondering how they would fit into my setup. My first Coco run will be hand watered in pots, but with summer coming I will be heading off to the lake on weekends and would love to have an automated setup that I can leave untended for a few days at a time. Thanks!

Old 01-05-2007, 11:41 PM #6

As soon as i have the cash going to turn half my grow over to this method. I am afraid i haven't got any advice to add as i am still using soil at the moment. It really good to see a coco section!

Old 01-06-2007, 12:18 AM #7
Farmer John
A humble dirt farmer

Farmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of light
Good bro, I need to have learn a bit before even trying coco, I have some slabs ready here...
Farmer John is offline Quote

Old 01-06-2007, 01:04 AM #8
h g

good thread gaiusmarius

i growing in coco pots but want to start growing in slabs cos watering by hand takes too long when sogging....tagged

Old 01-06-2007, 01:46 AM #9
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
@ Dalton

i'll be ready when the time comes. i have it all broken down in pics too, if you like?

@ NPK

nice one, any questions you have let me know. maybe i should repost my complete building a coco slab set up thread from OG again? what hazyfontazy said about an inline filter is essential, or else you will end up with blocked drippers. it is also a good idea to add a stocking to the drain pipe so the coco gets caught in the stocking and never makes it back to the tank with the recirculating nutrient solution.

@ hazyfontazy

yeah man, that is very important if you don't want to have drippers blocking within a few days.

@ SuperNuck

that is some of my WW 2 days before harvest.

the coco slabs are 1 meter long and approximately 13 cm wide.

you normally use Libra trays, or even better is a single waterproof table top with a drain at one end. this is what i use, you buy the pieces and glue them together to make a table of what ever length you need. you can also use corrugated roofing as a water proof table top. just make a stable wooden frame and place the roofing on it at a slight slant so the water runs off in one direction where the tank is.

but nothing would stop you using pots filled with coco and watering it the same way with drippers.

@ neilspotshop

hi mate, the time will come and by then the info should all be here ready and waiting for you.

@ Farmer John

nice to see you here man, anything i can tell you about using the coco slabs and drippers, just let me know. i'd love to see a grower of your calibre get into the coco growing. will make for some cool threads

@ h g

coco in pots watered by hand is a good way to try the coco out and see what kind of potential it has. but to get all the full benefits of growing in coco, you need to have drippers hooked to each plant. the biggest benefit is the lack of hand watering, lol. only filling the tank every once in a while depending on how big it is. you can leave the plants ticking over and go on holiday as long as the tank is big enough to last till you come back. 7 to 10 days away are possible in the right stage of the grow.

Last edited by gaiusmarius; 01-06-2007 at 01:47 AM..
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:06 AM #10
JackKerouac

A few questions-

How deep are your slabs?

Second, how big are your rez's, feed lines, and pumps?

With your setup, how much do you water on a timer per day?