What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panasonic Whisper Fan Carbon Scrubber Tutorial: Quietest most efficient fan ever!

mysticls

so with this fan you have to pull through the scrubber??

can you suck air through your reflector through the fan than out the carbon scrubber and exhaust out the back of your cab??

how did you setup your lights/fan?

mysticls

can you set this fan up to suck through a reflector and exhaust out a carbon scrubber??

the fan/carbon is in utility room

bongkong

I need some advice, pretty please...and I'm sure that mysticls could use some too. Please read previous posts and help us out!!!

the protege

So, where can we actually purchase this thing? I want the 110 or 150 cfm, but I would like to know where to purchase!! Thanks for the helpful how-to, it is much appreciated!

bongkong

I got an 80cfm model from here: http://www.westsidewholesale.com/in...284153.22257@@@@&pid=857&CATEGORY=634&back=16

The fan is pretty good. Noise is minimal. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to mount this outside of my little veg box (would take up too much valued room inside). I'll post something whenever I get around to doing it. Probably this weekend.

And HideYourBud, I'm pretty SURE that someone could hear it if they walked by the model you want. Hell, the model I have...someone could hear it. BUT...if you are playing a radio softly or if someone is talking...then they DEFINITELY wouldn't hear mine and probably wouldn't hear yours. If the room is dead quiet, then of course it will be audible!!!

mysticls

bongkong, with the model you have.. can you use it so that it sucks up through the reflector and than vents out a carbon scrubber?

i need to suck air through my reflector go through the fan and than exhaust out my carbon scrubber

alphacat said:
Here's another one that might be a better option for those w/ smaller spaces or ergo concerns about their ventilation rig's size:

http://www.westsidewholesale.com/in...01239.13007@@@@&pid=1433&CATEGORY=634&back=16

http://www.westsidewholesale.com/in...HN_SessionID=@@@@1170284954.23267@@@@&pid=857

Thanks for the links, AlphaCat! :woohoo:

Keep in mind that the Panasonic Whisper line of fans come in several configurations. The low-profile models put out about twice as much sound as the standard models, given equal CFM outputs. If space is tight, low-profile will work, but if stealth is your number one priority, than the standard Whisper Line fans are your best bet.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Mysticls - You can make any fan suck air through a reflector and exhaust through a scrubber. All it is is hooking up ducting between the fan, reflector, and scrubber. You can use a PC fan, or you can use a jet engine. The main concern is the CFM:Watts or space. I've got a 150w HPS and some CFLs in a 2x2x4, and I'd like to get a model with around 200cfm.

bongkong

Mysticls, nobody has done that yet - at least it seems that way - but I'm planning on doing exactly what you want to do. I bought the model in the link that I posted above. It's 80cfm. I bought 80cfm because I knew that blowing into a scrubber would decrease the cfm.

I'm not going to suck through a reflector (I'm not using an air-cooled reflector in my veg cab) but I'm going to push through a scrubber. You should check out this method: http://www.gardenscure.com/420/secu...tivated-carbon-filter.html?highlight=scrubber

That is what I'm going to do. I used it for a C25 for 4 plants in flower...but they turned out to be males. Anyway, they pretty much stunk in veg and in early flower, and my scrubber knocked out the MJ odor. That carbon filter smells like an old musty jacket, but that's better than smelling like MJ. I also put a block air freshener in the room to get rid of the old man's jacket smell. Check my gallery..I should have pictures in there.

bongkong

more pics

more pics

in case you can't see my gallery, here are some pics of my c25 set up...my veg cab is just going to be a smaller version with 1 darkroom louver (instead of two) and a whisper fan (instead of the Stanley fan)

bongkong

those pics of a little box are my old veg cab. I'm currently building another one. The old one had intake fans and no scrubber. the new one will not have intake fans, will have 1 darkroom louver, and one panasonic whisper fan (in my post above)