What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unknown problems

Cheesegez

Needing a little advice , can’t get my head around why at the moment my room is so unhealthy , I’ve been growing for years and never had problems like this .... I’ll attach pictures below , I’ve just switch to Veg+Bloom nutrients my EC levels are 0.8 and PH is around 6.0 anyone have any idea on the cause ?

picture.php

picture.php

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I'd say the Veg+Bloom mix is off. Mag and calcium deficient? Take that with a bag of salt, I'm not the most accurate at figuring deficiencies. Not much experience with them. lol

Cheesegez

I'd say the Veg+Bloom mix is off. Mag and calcium deficient? Take that with a bag of salt, I'm not the most accurate at figuring deficiencies. Not much experience with them. lol

I think your right man before they where potted they was only having RO water so I’m hoping they will make a come back tho even the new growth looks a lil deficient in something or maybe it’s just takes a while for them to come round ? Thanks

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
If you are in soil your pH is too low. 6.5-6.8 is what you want. Also it looks like they are underfed.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You have not given them the right start in life or they would be looking better. The media wasn't precharged for the size of planting. You tell me this by the EC being fed without the runoff. No too be offensive but what did you change since it was working? Have you changed fertilisers?

I'd cut the lot & replant but if you can afford to sit & recover them do it. add 2 weeks onto the cycle & they will be fine.

Cheesegez

You have not given them the right start in life or they would be looking better. The media wasn't precharged for the size of planting. You tell me this by the EC being fed without the runoff. No too be offensive but what did you change since it was working? Have you changed fertilisers?

I'd cut the lot & replant but if you can afford to sit & recover them do it. add 2 weeks onto the cycle & they will be fine.

I know mate I was going to measure the run off today , I know this is down to my own lack of care been very busy no excuse but I’ll have to sit and wait it out , some real special strains there I cannot afford to loose ... hope your well Dave long time no speak :tiphat:

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm good Geez. You'll pull that round in no time.. No doubt there are some good things in there. By the way I took your advice last time we spoke ;) Not sure on the deficiency bit Cal Mg Zn Fe maybe??? Them curling Dentate edges of the leafs if a sign.. They're just yellow IMHO bro. As I said Veg it out...

It's a normal look that is for coir every so often. Maybe the buffer is off to we do F up now & then.. Not many folks show that but it's real life stuff...

:lurk:

Cheesegez

I'm good Geez. You'll pull that round in no time.. No doubt there are some good things in there. By the way I took your advice last time we spoke ;) Not sure on the deficiency bit Cal Mg Zn Fe maybe??? Them curling Dentate edges of the leafs if a sign.. They're just yellow IMHO bro. As I said Veg it out...

It's a normal look that is for coir every so often. Maybe the buffer is off to we do F up now & then.. Not many folks show that but it's real life stuff...

:lurk:

Good to hear mate , yer there’s some potential most are American clone onlys they are comming round now slowly but still .. what advice was that bro you mean with air con ? Veg I shall 😝I think they was deficient in everything lol ...

I know mate doesn’t bother me I’ve had my fair shares of fuck ups over the years , you live and learn...:tiphat:

Cheesegez

Still sights of deficiency they are at 1.3 and PH 6 now ... run off is 0.6 and ph is 6.2 what we thinking lads still cal mag ?

picture.php

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
you state at the beginning you're using veg + bloom
are we talking GH here?
list npk of all solutions you're using.

I think you have a serious calcium and phosphorus issue but I can't be sure without knowing what you're feeding. It's presenting as a micro/vitamin issue but you have something underlying that's a bigger backbone of a problem. The shading and chlorosis on the leaves is just a symptom. From the first pic the whole shebang is just stunted as a fuck.

How old is this thing by the way?

Cheesegez

you state at the beginning you're using veg + bloom
are we talking GH here?
list npk of all solutions you're using.

I think you have a serious calcium and phosphorus issue but I can't be sure without knowing what you're feeding. It's presenting as a micro/vitamin issue but you have something underlying that's a bigger backbone of a problem. The shading and chlorosis on the leaves is just a symptom. From the first pic the whole shebang is just stunted as a fuck.

How old is this thing by the way?

Yes mate , a week before transplant they was getting just pure RO water which was a mistake as I was away , when I transplanted them they was yellowing and off course the problem was the pure RO water they getting so my bad ..

When I replanted in bigger pots they was getting just veg bloom at 0.8-0.9 that was about two weeks and they still weren’t showing improvements .. a week ago I started them at 1.2 with just veg+ bloom base nutes and silicone to Correct PH ... the PH is maintained at 6.1 ish and the run off mirrors the res pretty much . Today I’ve just added cal mag which risen the EC to 1.5 and hoping that will do the trick I’ll attach a pic of the VEG + Bloom content but that is all they are getting in terms of nutes but they say that’s all you need ...

picture.php

I spoke to Americans last night and they said buffer with cal mag and up the feed ...

picture.php

I’m gonna bump the feed too 1.8 I’ve never had to feed so hard before tho at such early stage but I suppose theese are powder based nutes now :tiphat:

Cheesegez

UPDATE : I ditched the Veg+bloom went back to canna and all my problems have dissappeared .... thanks for the advice all ����