What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yogurt Cup Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words! My girl isn't that awesome though! She seems to be stalling out like everyone elses... I think it is just a common thing with these extra small pots! Anyway here are the pics and thanks again! Everyone is doing great, can't wait for June 8th!

picture.php

View image in gallery

Hope no one minds here is a shot of the same strain, in a bigger container and further along in flower.... a little sneak preview...

I'll take the pic down if you want Avi.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think it's awesome to see other plants of the same strains, keep it up soursmoker, and nice plant....
last round i remember yellowing pretty intensely thru mid flower, same way in my cup colosseum.

joe guy

image.jpg
And I cut a lil window to allow for some air circulation and to show she still has only 6oz. Of soil for any nay Sayers lurkin. Lol but mainly so humity says at a minimum inorder to take advantage of the air pruning
And force those lateral secondary roots to start branching out.

I'll get some pics of the roots today, and how the cup is set up for feeding....keeping her drier was my main concern at the start, but now it's the other way round, this girl's starting to drink!

Just a thought....:chin:
Could this yellowing and growth slump be caused by the roots being exposed to light once they start to grow against the side of the cup?
Combination of being root bound, and light exposure?
A yogi cup, being so thin, the intense light just travels straight through....hold an empty one up to the light to see what I mean.

P.

G

greenmatter

Just a thought....:chin:
Could this yellowing and growth slump be caused by the roots being exposed to light once they start to grow against the side of the cup?
Combination of being root bound, and light exposure?
A yogi cup, being so thin, the intense light just travels straight through....hold an empty one up to the light to see what I mean.

P.

i wrapped the yogurt cups with foil tape right after we started because i think that you are right. light definitely burns through a yogurt cup more than it does a beer cup!

i'll get my pics up for the week just after "sunrise" tonight.

G

gloryoskie

Hi, everybody!

Good plants growing in little cups, who'd have thought.

Some of you are flowering under 150w+ hps, me under 110w PL-L.
I guess I should wrap the cup to keep out light like youse guys.

I also like the idea of posting shots of the sister plants, that
would be swell. I do have a larger version of the Zamaldelica
going now. Will post pics soon.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wrapped the yogurt cups with foil tape right after we started because i think that you are right. light definitely burns through a yogurt cup more than it does a beer cup!

i'll get my pics up for the week just after "sunrise" tonight.

you are 100% correct.
light penetrates this cheap white plastic badly...
in my cup colosseum.... upon cleanup i noticed a few cups had green areas in the roots.... noticed it was only on one side, must have been the side facing the light, and light let algae or something grow in the soil that was "lighted".

joe guy

you are 100% correct.
light penetrates this cheap white plastic badly...
in my cup colosseum.... upon cleanup i noticed a few cups had green areas in the roots.... noticed it was only on one side, must have been the side facing the light, and light let algae or something grow in the soil that was "lighted".

Hey avi did u notice anything bad to go along with it?
Or is Algeae bad just cause it uses CO2 and h20 that the plant can be using?Just wondering I've alleays used smart pots except my first grow. And have never noticed green
Just a white fuzz(Santas beard) on the out side of the pots if the rh gets and stays high...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the plants w the green growth in rootzone had no other observable problems.
just seemed out of place

G

greenmatter

no green roots here

another week or two and i might wanna pot up right?:dance013:

i need a clone of whatever elfstone was smokin when he thought of this

G

greenmatter

here are the ladies ......

^^^afgan kush#1 ........ the other pic is of her roots

^^^afgan kush #2

^^^sour cream?

they have been in 12/12 for 5 days and get top fed about 70 ml. 5 times in 12 hours (drain to waste). i need to dial back the nutes a little (i think), and pray the long veg does not shoot me in the ass.

how many pics can we put in one post?

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Greennmatter you can put up as many pics as you want. I will look at those amazingly big little plants all day long. I love that little set-up.Friggin' tits man!!!!

G

greenmatter

:laughing:

thanks frank:) but thats not what i meant. i am computer fucking stoopid brother ...... e-tarded. last time i really payed attention you could only post 3 pics in one post. i don't want to post 4 pics in one post and have the computer tell me i have to do it over.

joe guy

Fuck I'd b stoked on 3 pix my shit biscuit of a I phone only lets me one at a time... Sorry for the multiple pix post again blame apple

O

otis33

Update*
I can't keep the coco moist in these tiny cups. every time I water them they are bone dry. I will try to start watering twice a day, but I have lots going on. Anyway, 7-10(?) Days into 12/12.

Status
Not open for further replies.