Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > IC Mag Fundraiser Forum > A few strains -

Thread Title Search
A few strains - Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2014, 12:54 PM #81
197caregiver

Ok since i was gonna post a report on these seed to Venturahwy in a pm ill just post here ... I snagged a good amount of the CDSD x SD , sour bub x SD, SD x SD and the GFBB x SD i think i listed all lol anyways i tested germ rate of 5 seeds each and guess what ? 100% germ so ive posted my method many times in my test grows but I'll post what i do here also thanks again for making the seed VH and ill keep ya posted on my findings since now i got a look at the germ rare I'll throw down some more to get a better look inside of the mix

Ok first off i always use the cotton face pads that are used for removing makeup that are just round pads that are about 1.5" and are just dry cotton but are perfect since they when folded in half will fit around 12-15 seed or put 2 together and ya get about 25-30 seed in the middle of the two also it makes it so the seed bury inbetween the pads anyways thats just my preference for a clean easy way to germ ... I then same all tips and sides where the tap will shoot out which if you dont know which side is which its easy once ya know ... The side with the indent in it is the end where it grew in the calyz so the other end is the end your wanting ... Usually more of a tip to this end your gonna sand ... So i take sandpaper or a emery board and lightly sand the tip then the sides till ya got a good scuff to them also use to use my finger nails lol that was in the old days before sandpaper lmao anyways i have even sanded as far down to where i can see the tap but if ya sand just enough to give it some help your good ...

Now for the mix of what i use to germ them... I use to use just straight peroxide3%/h2o2 but and worked find but almost worked to fast where they would use all there energy and die off so i now have perfected a mix i tested so many other mixes and this always works ..

(Warning im def not a writer so may make your head spin )

I start with just mixing a 20oz bottle with 3/4 Ro or whatever water you want to use aslong as its plant friendly and then i fill the rest with peroxide so we have 1/4 to 3/4 peroxide to water and then i use any type of root enhancer ...cold pressed seaweed is whats in most that is what i think is what makes it work which i use the cheap gen organics bio root now and anyways ill normally just use the 20 oz bottle of water since this is just for germinating seeds which i do a lot of lol but i have the water and peroxide added with room to shake and i add about 1/2 of what they say to use for a gallon so in this case i use 2ml and when i used rootbastic i used a whole ml which dont seem like much but its very concentrated so 1ml for 20oz bottle is a lot and then superthrive this is not a must but ive always had it around so i add 1ml of superthrive so now we have a mix thats def overkill and most think wtf lol but ive popped 1000s of seeds since i like to breed and pheno hunting takes a lot of seed since i mainly look through old school f2 stock that are normally very old seed like just did some 80s skunk 1 and had 90% germ rates and there takeing off nicely and this was just done as of last week so this def works anyways now I'll get the pads soaked and toss the sanded seed between the pads and toss into a clear bag and put them on my cable box or as VH said under direct light does help if its warm especially but this gives me seeds ready for coco in 12 hours on fresh seed or seed within the last few years and 24 hours for old seed but this works by allowing the embrio in the seed to soak up the nutrients faster since there sanded down and alows the mix to get inside faster like when people soak them in a shot glass doing this will allow them to drop to the bottom almost instantly since i sand down so far but if your worried about sanding the tap root just a quick sanding on the tip is enough anyways this has been my way for a while now and almost never not have a seed not make it unless it was my own fault but anyways after the seed has popped a tail i then get it into coco/rapid rooter or whatever ya use right away and dont touch i again after putting them under the light but I'll always do as VW said taproot down instead of up and have the seed out just a tad and i keep watering them with the same stuff used for germination till they take off and show there water leaves then to whatever ya used on seedlings and cuts which i use a watered down version of the germination mix for mine with some nutes but usually i have seed popped and shooting up to the light and husk off the water leaves in 2 days tops 3 days on really old seed but stubborn old seed may take longer since they will pop a tail and have to shoot secondary roots off this little tail sometimes when there real old that is but any seed within the last 5 years or so are usually good to go and fresh seed literally are up and going in as fast as 24 hours with this mix anyways hope this helps some people out so we can keep the seeds poppin off

i been posting this cause i had so many people give me old seed to pop for them so they would get the f2s etc from the seed that i popped for them so they would already have fresh seed since some people were getting 1 out of 100 seed or none popping on some old seed and some of these people are big breeders that you would expect to know it all but i tested so many ways and pop so many seed for so many years now i finally found a perfect recipe and honestly the rootbastic is way overpriced for my blood but i got a free sample and used it and its what made me start useing a root enhancers lie the bio roots for all my seed and even cuts now up till a few weeks old

for cuts its awsome for when they start to show the little nubs where the roots are starting to grow and when done a side by side the cuts with out my mix and just having a root hormone and water were a lot slower i had roots 1" or more out of a rapid rooter in 7 days and others were still not even out of the rapid rooter so def works for seed and cuts and also with cuts i dont use a rooting gel or powder it only slows them down after they root it makes them veg slower which was what i was told years ago and i ignored the person but he was right ive even rooted cuts with nothing more then water and peroxide and then with the gel of powder and ya the roots came out faster on the cuts with gel or powder but the cuts with out the gel or powder all took off and overgrew the cuts thats rooted faster so they may root faster but they dont grow we fast in the long run this was said to be because it make the cut stay in a state of trying to root even after rooting so it slows the growth up top down for a few weeks after rooting anyways Again hope this helps and thanks to Venturahwy again and I'll keep posting results of the seeds as they grow since im especially betting the GFBB and sour bub crosses will def be some nice ones and should help speed up flower time but I'll be making some more fresh seed of these creations so there will be some more variation in them but will be a nice treasure hunt

Peace all
GreenGooLabs

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:44 PM #82
VenturaHwy

VenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to all
100% germ on the CDSD is amazing 197caregiver. I think I got maybe 20 percent last time I tried those. I'll read through your seed germination method when I am not so tired but that is good to hear. The SD x SD medium tall seem to have the more compact indica buds and closer to 8 1/2 weeks flowering time.
VenturaHwy is offline Quote

Old 10-13-2014, 08:07 PM #83
197caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturaHwy View Post
100% germ on the CDSD is amazing 197caregiver. I think I got maybe 20 percent last time I tried those. I'll read through your seed germination method when I am not so tired but that is good to hear. The SD x SD medium tall seem to have the more compact indica buds and closer to 8 1/2 weeks flowering time.
Thanks VW I just tossed down 40 of the GFBBX and got 30 up and going great going to see some fresh f2s here soon with that many ill def find a useable male and female I'm sure

Thanks on the info for the SD X SD MEDIUM TALL info I'll pop them next for sure I did a test on all and all were taking off but I neglected them at the end once they were up and out of there husks but let them dry out so gonna work a few at a time for f2s also wanting to hit my blueberry to the sd x sd and sweet tooth 3 to the GFBB x so should be some faster flower times also some sour daniness still left im hoping but def will toss some f2s out for freebies later also some other good stuff I'm working with like the Original Glue crosses and the RKS ofcourse

Peace
Greengoolabs

Old 12-22-2014, 04:25 AM #84
VenturaHwy

VenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to allVenturaHwy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 197caregiver View Post
Thanks VW I just tossed down 40 of the GFBBX and got 30 up and going great going to see some fresh f2s here soon with that many ill def find a useable male and female I'm sure

Thanks on the info for the SD X SD MEDIUM TALL info I'll pop them next for sure I did a test on all and all were taking off but I neglected them at the end once they were up and out of there husks but let them dry out so gonna work a few at a time for f2s also wanting to hit my blueberry to the sd x sd and sweet tooth 3 to the GFBB x so should be some faster flower times also some sour daniness still left im hoping but def will toss some f2s out for freebies later also some other good stuff I'm working with like the Original Glue crosses and the RKS ofcourse

Peace
Greengoolabs
My friend has the GFBB x SD going and he likes it. The SD smell seems to come through in many of the seeds, love that smell. And the GFBB should help keep the cross more dense I would hope anyway.

I want to pop some SD X SD MEDIUM TALL, and the SB1 x SD next...

Hope to see some pictures of what you get and your RKS!

Old 02-27-2015, 06:30 AM #85
The Revolution
Banned

The Revolution is a glorious beacon of lightThe Revolution is a glorious beacon of lightThe Revolution is a glorious beacon of lightThe Revolution is a glorious beacon of lightThe Revolution is a glorious beacon of lightThe Revolution is a glorious beacon of lightThe Revolution is a glorious beacon of lightThe Revolution is a glorious beacon of lightThe Revolution is a glorious beacon of lightThe Revolution is a glorious beacon of lightThe Revolution is a glorious beacon of light
Looking forward to growing these again this season. Have u thought about doing a fresh seed run VH to preserve these?
The Revolution is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2015, 12:30 PM #86
VenturaHwy

Hey The Revolution. I made thousands of seeds and put maybe a third in the freezer after drying them out with silica so they should be all I ever need. And the three SD males, should be something nice in there. The 15 plant limit is the only thing stopping me from looking.

I almost wish I could hook up with the big commercial recreational growers here in my state since they don't have plant limits. Not sure if they could give me a clone since I am medical.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:32 PM #87
VenturaHwy

I tried your germination method 197caregiver on the GFBB x SD seeds. I didn't use the solution for the first day, started on the second day. But it seems to work perfect, thanks for the tip.

My friend found a keeper in the GFBB x SD first female he grew, so now I have to look for one. I used about 50 or so seeds just to make sure some germinated and I was surprised how great this works on old seeds.

197caregiver's germination method -

(1) In a spray bottle fill with 3/4 water and 1/4 H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide).

(2) Add 2 ml General Organics Bio Root.

(3) Use cotton rounds to place the seeds on.

(4) Put into clear baggie under light.

(5) 1 ml superthrive. Forgot this one so I had to add it.

______________________________ _____

Here's how mine germinated.

GFBB x SD

Last edited by VenturaHwy; 02-26-2016 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: forgot superthrive

Old 08-24-2015, 01:59 PM #88
VenturaHwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorcalBob View Post
These seeds own, I found the best plant from seed I've ever smoked in 2 packs of the CDSD x SD. Ventura you did a marvelous job on these crosses, I applaud your diligence.
Three years isn't old, especially is you keep them in the refrigerator, in an air tight container with silica beads. Soak these babies for 24 hours ina sho t glass with a half cap of peroxide, and you'll be golden.
I've recently been blessed with another shot to find my beloved, and I will, come hell or high water! Thanks again Ventura!

View Image View Image View Image View Image
OK I missed the peroxide tip from way back I see. Must keep harmful bacteria from growing on the seedling? I'll try another test on CDSD x SD to see how they do.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:36 AM #89
197caregiver

Man it's crazy i always forget to check here and seen this last post was recent lol but man Ya the peroxide def helps with dapening off when the humidity is high or when using domes it def helps but then can also grow some nasties that will cause them to dappen off so that's the main reason i use the peroxide also it gives them some juice to shoot roots fast... So it's def a cheap adition to the mix also man I've been so busy but I'll but I'll hit Ya up via private message and see if Ya want to run some of my work .. I've sent so much dank out and knowones been logging them then want more once they realize how dank they come out speaking of i just dropped tons of the cdsd x sd and man all are killing it also i also found a killer gf x sd so def props to Ya for the cross man it and the sour bubble which im kicking my ass for growing out my keeper by acident but i got my hands full but I love my sour dank skunk og funk and some sweets added in here and there anyways ill get at Ya Venturahwy

Old 08-26-2015, 12:41 AM #90
197caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturaHwy View Post
OK I missed the peroxide tip from way back I see. Must keep harmful bacteria from growing on the seedling? I'll try another test on CDSD x SD to see how they do.
Forgot to quote Ya incase Ya miss this like I thought i did lol anyways thanks again man for the chance to dig into all these dank sours man