Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > CHEAPER ENZYMES

Thread Title Search
CHEAPER ENZYMES Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2009, 02:52 AM #41
smoke1sun
What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or Going?

smoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
I stopped using enzymes because they were too spendy. Sounds like this will solve that problem .Ok for plants and fish and a company rep gave a hydroponic dose ,I can live with the 1 % preservative .I was always so skimpy with Hygrozyme and Sensizyme because of the cost .A bottle of Pond and Fountain Protector will make using enzymes affordable

I remember it was 20 ml per gallon Sensizyme ,1000 ml per liter
1000ml bottle /20 ml per gallon =50 gallons . That is 20$ a week for me making it the most expensive part of my grow

Pond cleaner is 30 ml per 100 gallons ,1000ml/30ml=33.3 -100gallon batches(3300 gallons) making it 66 times cheaper

Old Man or anyone who uses this ,does it affect ph? Can you mix a 100 gallon res and leave it for a week?I have been dropping things from use if they affect ph buffering.Makes it a pita when you run DTW and you have to daily adjust ph .Basicly the entire AN line

didnt see 16 oz size so 66 times is too much but still
Bozo somewhere in an earlier post, dongle posted that they should be used once mixed, its somewhere in here. Peace

Its M.U.R.D.A. : Midwest Underground Reefer Development Alliance
smoke1sun is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2009, 03:20 AM #42
avgjoe

Any big box store carry the ones recommended or mail order only?

Old 02-14-2009, 03:24 AM #43
Bozo

Bozo will become famous soon enoughBozo will become famous soon enough
I understand that once mixxed with water is loses suspension and shelf life is greatly reduced .My question was is it ph stable once mixxed .Can I mix it into 100gallons of water and walk away for a week with no ph flux?That is a complicated question many variables for the different stuff we all use .To those who are asking has anyone tried it I belive Old Man stated he has been using it for almost a year.

I am courious .Are sterile enzymes better for what we want or enzymes with living bacteria ?
Bozo is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2009, 04:19 AM #44
OldMan&theWeed

OldMan&theWeed will become famous soon enoughOldMan&theWeed will become famous soon enoughOldMan&theWeed will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by avgjoe View Post
Any big box store carry the ones recommended or mail order only?
Wal Mart sells Stress Zyme.

CHEAPER ENZYMES https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=111148
OldMan&theWeed is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2009, 07:29 AM #45
magiccannabus
Next Stop: Outer Space!

magiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nice
Ironic that I would find this thread and then the very next day stumble across this in my mother's gardening supplies. I got a little in a baggie to go home with. The brand is "Pond Zyme" by a company called "Pond Care". I will try it first on one of my worse plants.

My Grow Diary(finished)

T-8 only grow cab, taking shoplights to the extreme(finished)

"This coir smells so good I'm having a growgasm!" - Me
magiccannabus is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2009, 08:43 AM #46
OldMan&theWeed

OldMan&theWeed will become famous soon enoughOldMan&theWeed will become famous soon enoughOldMan&theWeed will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieShoestring View Post
cool guys-i agree that enzymes aimed at ganja horticulturalists are expensive-especially if you're growing commercial style-but has anyone actually tried any of these pond cleaner type alternatives yet?
look foward to seeing some results

eddieS
I have, for about a year now.

The only good results that are to be expected are the absence of root rot, the quick decomposition of dead roots in recycled media, a few hundred bucks saved per year by not buying watered-down, overpriced enzymes from the hydro store.

CHEAPER ENZYMES https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=111148
OldMan&theWeed is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:25 PM #47
EddieShoestring
Florist

EddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really nice
Bozo, OldM&TW-ok thanks for putting me straight on that-i'd read the thread but was probably too stonned to take it in.

Bozo-i think that the main advantage in having a sterile solution (ie hygrozyme) is that it extends the shelf life of the product. Cannazyme can go off especially if opened then left in a warm place (ie next to a growroom).

i'm going to pick up a bottle of this stuff today and start experimenting with a dripper
cool guys

eddieS

Old 02-14-2009, 06:11 PM #48
Bozo

Bozo will become famous soon enoughBozo will become famous soon enough
Very good point Eddie about stuff thats alive dying quickly once opened .The alive part probably would affect ph more just what I dont want .I think that settles the alive part if I want alive I can add hydrogard .I am going to hand water 1 plant @ first .Keeping the root zone happy is our(my) main goal here ,happy roots = happy buds eh?
Thanks Old Man great thread great find.I really like yer other thread about finding the secret ingredients in all these additives we use,but I am not smart enough to contribute anything there either , I tasted powdered big bud once by accident it is kinda sweet does that count ?
Bozo is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2009, 10:06 PM #49
Clackamas Coot

Clackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of light
Enzyme

OldMan&theWeed

I've been trying to follow this thread and for the most part I understand enough to be confused. Not by the science, per se, but by how to use the products not marketed towards the indoor garden industry.

I use EM-1 to inoculate organic rice hulls to both activate the microbes in the organic soil mix I make up along with applying ACT (aerated compost teas) as well as using the inoculated rice hulls to compost via the bokashi method. So I'm not completely in the woods on some of the topics here.

So if I go to a pond supply store, which brand should I be looking for and what would be the mixing ratio?

I do re-cycle my potting soil with amendments like glacial rock dust, earthworm castings, seed meals, etc. I'm interested in trying these enzyme products to compare with the EM-1 processes.

Thanks again for a great discussion.

CC
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand
Clackamas Coot is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2009, 11:20 PM #50
Black Ra1n
Cannaculturist ~OGA~

Black Ra1n is a name known to allBlack Ra1n is a name known to allBlack Ra1n is a name known to allBlack Ra1n is a name known to allBlack Ra1n is a name known to allBlack Ra1n is a name known to allBlack Ra1n is a name known to allBlack Ra1n is a name known to allBlack Ra1n is a name known to allBlack Ra1n is a name known to allBlack Ra1n is a name known to all
I bought some stess zyme today at walmart.

Black Ra1n's Grow Journal's
~2007~ ~2008~ ~2009~ ~2010~

~O.G.A~ THREADS:

Dr Dog TML16 Che
~O.G.A~ Bud Thread ~O.G.A~ Test Thread

ICMAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA
Outdoor Strain Guide

GROW UNITED
Black Ra1n is offline Quote