Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > CHEAPER ENZYMES

Thread Title Search
CHEAPER ENZYMES Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2009, 06:09 AM #11
gmanwho

gmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant future
im curious what product u are using as well. I seriously wouldnt want to try anything that could potentially hurt my plants. So if you tried it please share.

For a guess, u said u dilute 1:10, with the dilluting ratios from previous post, then the barley based enzyme thread, it gotta be natures pond clarifier. ??? yes no?

Im always looking for cost effective ways, and another reason not to goto the hydro store.

great read.

B-safe
gmanwho is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2009, 05:46 AM #12
OldMan&theWeed

OldMan&theWeed will become famous soon enoughOldMan&theWeed will become famous soon enoughOldMan&theWeed will become famous soon enough
I've been using Pond Protector. It contains the very same hydrolyzing enzymes (amylases, proteases, lipase, cellulase, beta-glucanase, and pectinase) that are contained in the enzyme products sold in the hydroponic stores.

As I said before, the only difference is the concentrations.

CHEAPER ENZYMES https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=111148
OldMan&theWeed is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2009, 05:59 AM #13
PonicalChillin

Quote:
I don’t believe ANY of these companies make their own enzymes.
I'm pretty sure Sipco (Hygrozyme) makes their own enzymes. They are a medial company specializing in zymes. I could be wrong though..

I do know NIMBY from back in the OG days swore by stresszyme from walmart. He also ran clear bubblers with no issue at all.

Peace

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:17 AM #14
dongle69

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan&theWeed View Post
I've been using Pond Protector....As I said before, the only difference is the concentrations.
Are you using the 32 oz concentrate or the reg 16 oz (non concentrated)?
Are you following their application rates?
Curious curious curious....

Old 02-12-2009, 06:25 AM #15
AndreNicky
Smoov like water

AndreNicky has a spectacular aura aboutAndreNicky has a spectacular aura aboutAndreNicky has a spectacular aura about
Well based on price he stated(20$) im guessing he uses the 16 oz bottle, diluted to 1:10 strength and then apply it just like cannazym. This is all based on what Oldman has said

Andre's Dope Show
AndreNicky is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2009, 06:32 AM #16
dongle69

The 16oz instructions say 1 capful for 100 gallons.
Dilute more?

Last edited by dongle69; 02-13-2009 at 03:12 AM.. Reason: capful not cupful

Old 02-12-2009, 03:10 PM #17
OldMan&theWeed

OldMan&theWeed will become famous soon enoughOldMan&theWeed will become famous soon enoughOldMan&theWeed will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~fvk~ View Post
. . . I don't cater to bacteria in my root zone. Keep on man, we know you aren't spamming.
It is better to have bacteria that are living for all the steps necessary to carry out the breakdown of specific materials. Enzymes are just the catalysts the bacteria use to help absorb food through the cell membranes. The bacteria produce enzymes, much like we do in our own mouths, stomachs and intestines, in the digestive process. The enzymes are only half the equation. They are merely tools used by bacteria.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:22 PM #18
OldMan&theWeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongle69 View Post
The 16oz instructions say 1 cupful for 100 gallons.
Dilute more?
I've been using the regular Pond Protector (The concentrate is the same stuff though) diluted 1:10. With this dilution I still haven't finished off my first bottle after a year. I'm watching to see if it goes bad.

According to what I’ve read the shelf life for liquid bacterial products is approximately 2 years in an unopened container, 1 year after being opened if stored properly. Usually if it is pinkish or brownish in color, it should be alright. It is definitely bad if it is whitish-grey and has a burnt rubber smell.

Reading up I've found that dry enzyme products probably have an extended shelf life well beyond what is usually stated on the label. The dry formulations consist of multiple strains of spore forming microorganisms and these microorganisms can stay in the spore form (dormant state) for an indefinite period of time when properly stored.

The next time around I'll go dry and see how that works.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:36 PM #19
OldMan&theWeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonicalChillin View Post
I'm pretty sure Sipco (Hygrozyme) makes their own enzymes. They are a medial company specializing in zymes. I could be wrong though..

I do know NIMBY from back in the OG days swore by stresszyme from walmart. He also ran clear bubblers with no issue at all.

Peace
Yeah, SIPCO does make their own enzymes:

"SIPCO'S "HYGROZYME A REVOLUTIONARY BREAKTHROUGH IN HORTICULTURAL CLEANING Sipco Industries Ltd. was incorporated in 1974 and began development/production of Enzymatic Biotechnologies over 15 years ago."

I'm skeptical of the other companies though. It'd be so much cheaper just to buy a concentrate, water it down, maybe add a surfactant like yucca (calling it a rare desert plant), bottle it up, and sell it on the market to gulible growers for $40 a liter.

And Stress Zyme does look promising.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:48 PM #20
smoke1sun
What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or Going?

smoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nicesmoke1sun is just really nice
Did u get my PM about testing your enzymes, on another site a guy posted an article from canna, about a diy enzyme test. one with apple sauce and one with paper i think. Is any one with the product willing to try the test?

Its M.U.R.D.A. : Midwest Underground Reefer Development Alliance
smoke1sun is offline Quote