Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > The search for a proper recovery pump..

Thread Title Search
The search for a proper recovery pump.. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2018, 06:21 AM #1161
Itsgotatail

Itsgotatail will become famous soon enough
Yeah those are certainly some sexy, streamlined setups. I see they have a 60L also. I'm thinking of a way I could split the stream coming out of my material column to go into 2 separate 12x12" columns for collection, since I already have most of those parts. I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult...just a valve to flip when the first gets close to full and I'd be recovering from both all the time. And I'd need another shatter platter. My (1200W) heater that warms the shatter platter bath can probably keep up with two of them at once. I'm guessing this dual collection pot method would be the fastest and cheapest way to run 4 trs21's and a 6x48" column at once. Doh! But then I'd have to upgrade my recovery tank again...I can currently only hold 48lb. Maybe I could do a 6x36" material column That would still hold more than my current 4x48" and 48lb might cut it but it would definitely still require more than just one 12x12"+shatter platter for collection.
Itsgotatail is offline Quote

Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
Old 01-10-2018, 02:31 PM #1162
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashoftheTitans View Post
Purge Labs makes a 600L jacketed collection pot with a bottom drain for collection.
Are they certified to ASME?

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

Old 01-11-2018, 05:11 AM #1163
HashoftheTitans

HashoftheTitans has a spectacular aura aboutHashoftheTitans has a spectacular aura aboutHashoftheTitans has a spectacular aura aboutHashoftheTitans has a spectacular aura aboutHashoftheTitans has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
Are they certified to ASME?
They have ASME and non. The former is obviously more pricey.

My quotes a few months ago:

Size/non-ASME$/ASME$:
100L/15000/25000
200L/27000/45000
600L/52500/65000

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:13 AM #1164
HashoftheTitans

HashoftheTitans has a spectacular aura aboutHashoftheTitans has a spectacular aura aboutHashoftheTitans has a spectacular aura aboutHashoftheTitans has a spectacular aura aboutHashoftheTitans has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

Size/non-ASME$/ASME$:
100L/15000/25000
200L/27000/45000
600L/52500/65000
Those are pre-order prices BTW. Stocked ASME are 40k/65k/100k

Old 01-11-2018, 03:31 PM #1165
Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant future
Quote:

Size/non-ASME$/ASME$:
100L/15000/25000
200L/27000/45000
600L/52500/65000
Sooo, you got me curious and I took a look. It appears they've designed their "reactor" around a couple dished heads and a short wrapper, and gotten around the force on a full lid that size, by installing a smaller lid in the top head.

That begs the question of how they are finishing the concentrate, because if they remove all the LPG in the reactor vessel, how will they remove the concentrate, or subsequently maintain a food/pharma quality equipment cleaning standard?

More process data needed.................

The bottom tap suggests that they are using the vessel for gross removal, but draining it off the bottom while it still flows well enough to do so.

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:55 PM #1166
HashoftheTitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
Sooo, you got me curious and I took a look. It appears they've designed their "reactor" around a couple dished heads and a short wrapper, and gotten around the force on a full lid that size, by installing a smaller lid in the top head.

That begs the question of how they are finishing the concentrate, because if they remove all the LPG in the reactor vessel, how will they remove the concentrate, or subsequently maintain a food/pharma quality equipment cleaning standard?

More process data needed.................

The bottom tap suggests that they are using the vessel for gross removal, but draining it off the bottom while it still flows well enough to do so.
I've seen guys on IG bump the heat and pressurize the chamber with nitrogen and fill 5 gallon buckets with crude. I imagine with that much material, recovering down to -10ish will still leave enough solvent in the material to flow.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:56 PM #1167
Pure777Extracts

Pure777Extracts will become famous soon enoughPure777Extracts will become famous soon enough
Its time to upgrade, I kept up with this thread since the beginning but still can't decide should I go with Haskel Ext-420-2 or VaporHawg (vaporsmartz)?
Pure777Extracts is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2018, 01:37 PM #1168
Gray Wolf

Sadly, the two horsepower direct drive Pharmgold VaporHawg is no more, unless you can score a used one.

The PDXgold Vaporsmartz is belt drive, with only one horsepower and is rated for R-600/600A only, with a 60 psi over pressure shutoff.

The Haskel is tried and true, and can run any mixture, including straight Propane. WolfWurx also certified systems in OR, WA, CO, NV, and MD using the Haskel.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:29 PM #1169
Pure777Extracts

Pure777Extracts will become famous soon enoughPure777Extracts will become famous soon enough
Oh wow, I didn't realize the VaporSmartz was that much different, heard it was much quieter than a Haskel and would take 2 Haskels to keep up so that sucks... aslo the VS is electric and people are saying its considerably more expensive to get electricity in C1D1 room... Thanks GW, I have much to think about.
Pure777Extracts is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2018, 10:34 PM #1170
Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure777Extracts View Post
Oh wow, I didn't realize the VaporSmartz was that much different, heard it was much quieter than a Haskel and would take 2 Haskels to keep up so that sucks... aslo the VS is electric and people are saying its considerably more expensive to get electricity in C1D1 room... Thanks GW, I have much to think about.

The 25 SCFM @ 50 psi air requirements for a Haskel and 22 SCFM @ 80 psi for an Vaccon HVP-300 air ventui vacuum pump are about the same, so using both eliminates the need for electrical in the C1D1 room.

WolfWurk's set our Haskel pumps up to run either single or double stage. They mostly operated in single stage, but occasionally it was necessary to switch to double stage to avoid raising the air pressure over 50 psi.