in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > High potassium side effects

Thread Title Search
High potassium side effects Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2018, 02:03 PM #1
Cpot23

Cpot23 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb High potassium side effects

I have been battling with hermies for weeks now and the nugs have been seeming to foxtail. Some worse than others. Just realized I've been adding about three times the amount of potassium sulfate I should've been, I'm curious if this potassium level issue could be the problem? I've been thinking that my lights were too intense or the genetics were bad but this seems to make more sense to me now as the other solo strains decided to hermie as well

If so, would you say I have enough time for the plants to fill out? Is there anything I can add/take out to help the issue?
I'm in week 7 of flower
Cpot23 is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2018, 03:29 PM #2
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Not sure if this applies, but I recently put a lot of pH up (potassium carbonate) in my res the last month of flower. Grew some beasters of rather low quality, but no hermi or foxtailing issues. Nice white ash though. lol

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:05 PM #3
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Foxtailing can be caused by genetics and/or excessive heat.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2018, 05:09 PM #4
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud of
I always thought it was high nitrogen towards the end that predominately caused foxtailing
Lost in a SOG is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2018, 06:16 PM #5
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
I think there is genetic fox tailing, which you will get regardless of of growing area, and stress caused fox tailing, most generally heat or light stress, but if you locked out one of your other elements that would be stressful for the plant as well. Pictures always paint a thousand words
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is online now Quote

Old 10-04-2018, 08:48 PM #6
Cpot23

Cpot23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
I think there is genetic fox tailing, which you will get regardless of of growing area, and stress caused fox tailing, most generally heat or light stress, but if you locked out one of your other elements that would be stressful for the plant as well. Pictures always paint a thousand words
I think you're right. I believe it's a mixture of that and bad genetics. I got these seeds from a friend of a friend that was made his own strain. I also had a light intensity problem. I'm not too concerned, this grow has been a huge learning experience so I'm just happy to figure it out.
But I would assume any type of stress would do this
Cpot23 is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2018, 09:36 PM #7
Mr. Greengenes
Re-incarnated Senior Member

Mr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to allMr. Greengenes is a name known to all
Lost in a SOG is correct, high N. It's getting to be fairly common knowledge that too much N late in flowering is one of the best ways to cause hermies. Those of us who practice N starving hardly ever see them. I have at least 4 heirloom clones that are known hermies. None of them have ever shown a hermie flower in over 10 years in my care, probably because I N starve. Of course there is a genetic component to hermie-ism as well. Some will be no matter what you do. Same with foxtailing. It's a mix of things like excess heat, excess N and genetics all playing together.

2 members found this post helpful.